looking for places to go camping...

smstext

With lots of child friendly caches and lots of caches. My daughter loses interest rather fast if we go caching in places where there is only a cache every mile to two miles, so looking for kinda powertrail type areas that are lots of up to 10 mile loops that people can recommend and also any good nearby campsites.

thanks in advance.

I always go Camping in Barnmouth, North Wales. Theres some great camp sites there and a truely beautiful place to explore. Theres even a small fun fair for the kids (I say small cause its only 2 or 3 rides so wont break the bank).

I havent been there since I have become a Geocacher but I looked on the map and there seems to be a few in that area that are child friendly.

Hope you have a good time where ever you decide to go :)

With lots of child friendly caches and lots of caches. My daughter loses interest rather fast if we go caching in places where there is only a cache every mile to two miles, so looking for kinda powertrail type areas that are lots of up to 10 mile loops that people can recommend and also any good nearby campsites.

thanks in advance.

There are plenty of campsite around Hastings - Bexhill and Eastbourne ... with caches all along the beaches

Can recommend Kloofs, Bay View and Normans Bay

Blackberry Wood Ditchling Nr Brighton is a fantastic site (Tents Only), but fills up quickly ... there are some nice cache series around the area

We done rmbdw01 to 12 ... with a seven year old, she loved it and is now a cacher

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3...x&by=county

Recommending Eastbourne area (beaches as said as there is a trail along the whole front).....and the Cuckoo Trail.....few of mine up there :P One is Fab for children :P A treasure trove :P

No sure about the camping.....think there is a nice one at Norman's Bay??....not been there though :P

We also camped at Theobald's Park near London and did some caching in Epping forest (if memory serves right :( ) was a short drive away.

Edited by The Slaughter Family

thanks so far, i have been looking at event caches, but because my daughter lives part with me and part with her mum they all fall on the weekends i dont have her (even through we still going to two so far).

Thanks also for the comments about the sussex area, never really thought about there before now as we have always gone in the past (post geocaching) to cornwall or hayling island.

i did see the camping event on the facebook page, but april is too early in the year for us (and getting time off work) but have signed up with interest to two other camping events. just need to find a weekend that my daughter is over and an event with lots of kids about her age (12 but hangs around older kids too).

again thanks so far and hopefully this thread will help others with the same thought.

just need to find a weekend that my daughter is over and an event with lots of kids about her age (12 but hangs around older kids too).

Piratemania 23rd - 25th July. Kids of all ages at that one!

wanted to come to that but would not be able to get there until late Sat as school doesn't finish till the Friday.......like the sound of the Yorkshire ones......planning to pass through there on route to Scotland :blink: Great thread, interesting to read as I have to sons, 4 and 10 so caching needs to be easy to get at :DB)

i did look at that but it didnt say where in the country piratemania was.

So far ive looked at Eastbourne, Hastings and would need to look into camping in the area. But would also be looking at other ones on the coast or near to recommended camp sites that cater for children, oh yes and a pet dog so ive just been informed by mrs text.

i did look at that but it didnt say where in the country piratemania was.

Last two years have been in the Peak District. Not sure if Pup plans on using the same area again though.

This year I expect alot of us Southerners will be stopping off at Pirates on the way through to Mega Scotland.

Have you thought about the new forest? There are plenty of campsites there, and its a wonderful area. Plenty for kids too.

The forestry commision campsites are gopod plus there are lots of private ones. Let me know if you need specific site suggestions.

oo forgot about there :lol: did some nice caches around there....think that was were we did a multi and was next to an airport

or keep a look out for an event lodes of caches and you wont see the kids all weekend as they all play together.

lmn

LMN,

Are you doing another 'Naughty Weekend Away' in Martin Mill this year? If so, what date? Just want to organise to be there as I hear I missed one hell of a weekend last year! :blink:

or keep a look out for an event lodes of caches and you wont see the kids all weekend as they all play together.

lmn

LMN,

Are you doing another 'Naughty Weekend Away' in Martin Mill this year? If so, what date? Just want to organise to be there as I hear I missed one hell of a weekend last year! :blink:

Tut Tut .... someone wasn't listening on Saturday lol

lms did say it's ... 10th Sept at Martin Mill

lmn

LMN,

Are you doing another 'Naughty Weekend Away' in Martin Mill this year? If so, what date? Just want to organise to be there as I hear I missed one hell of a weekend last year! :shocked:

Tut Tut .... someone wasn't listening on Saturday lol

lms did say it's ... 10th Sept at Martin Mill

Thanks BaCas! I was listening and knew it was on a weekend in Sept, and knew it was a weekend when I have to play Pool on the Sunday! However, just looked on my calendar and i'm playing Pool every Sunday in Sept! :blink:

Will deffo be there on Sat, and may even camp on the Fri night as well.