Most found cache container

ad5smith

What kind of cache containeer have you found most? About 50% of my founf caches have been magnetic key holders, which probably is due to the fact i typically go caching around Tulsa or suburbs. and they, happen to be my favorite to look for. It narrows hiding spots down considerably. <_<

Edited by ad5smith

Most popular cache containers around here are those fake/pseudo white plastic tupperware containers, and after that those lock-n-lock containers are pretty common too.

And yeah magnetic key holder caches are pretty common around the lamp posts here <_<

lamp post? hmmm havn't seen that yet, most the magnetic i've seen have been on road guardrails, although one i found stupmed me at first cause at the location was a public bench, metal and that's where the ol' GPSr lead me, but after thinking for a minute i found it under the US Today stand lol

Loc N Loc's, Ammo Cans, and Preforms seem to be popular around here.

I've also found PVC containers, film canisters and cheaper types of tupperware like containers.

LPC caches (lamp posts) are pretty neat to find. I've found 2 so far and have hidden 1 myself. But... I've heard that they're not the Favorite idea if it's used too much too close to each other. I made my LPC cache a little more unique with my container idea under the lamp post's skirt. I used a stripped out mini mag light as the container and called the cache Beacon of Light. <_<

My finds split pretty evenly between

micros - mostly matchsafes, bison-type tubes, some keyholders, and miscellaneous other

smalls - decons, lock and locks, some other plastic food storage containers

regulars - ammo cans, larger lock and locks and rubbermaid

I was a bit surprised to see 24 Large - 5 gallon buckets, some really big plastic containers, some home-made treasure chests (very cute, not real dry however.)

This is why I mix it up a bit on my caches, You might find bison tubes, magnetic, even sink drain pipes made into a cache, rocks drilled out, old paint cans, sprinkler irrigation heads, cookie tins, 35mm film catridges to name a few.

But back on topic there are those pesky super nanos, magnetic bolts, pine cones and ammo cans in the area so its pretty diverse around NW Arizona.