20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Tribute Geocoin

The Caching Place

The Caching Place has been in business since September 2005, and we presently ship to 27 countries world wide. I want to personally thank all of my customers & friends! - - Jim

4369999223_b1905fd9cb_o.jpg

4369999245_18cd0d3a6f_o.jpg

Pre-Sale:"20,000 Leagues under the Sea Tribute" ships on or before March 18th 2010.

This may be one of the most beautiful Geocoins that The Caching Place has ever designed & minted! Artist T. Steele Jones & The Caching Place has designed this Geocoin as a tribute to the great author Jules Verne. The "20,000 Leagues under the Sea Tribute" Geocoin is shaped like a book 2.0" x 1.75". It has a "front cover", "spine", and "back cover". The Geocaching theme is depicted in this fabulous Geocoin! The front of the coin has the Nemo's mysterious submarine Nautilus, with divers searching a sunken ship for buried Geoaching treasure! The back of the coin has Captain Nemo fighting a giant squid in an epic battle! The detail, colors, and action make this Geocaching themed Geocoin a wonderful collectors item! You could even place the "20,000 Leagues under the Sea Tribute" Geocoin in a cache for a 20,000 leagues adventure on land!

Cordially,

Jim Berk

Owner

The Caching Place

went to the site to order, but don't understand a shipping charge and then a separate shipping/handling charge.

ILYK

Hi drneal!

If you order in the USA and your not in the state of WA (sales tax is charged in Washington State).

You will see three charges:

Line one: $12.95

Line two: $1.73 if you order this one item (by weight) and ship it in the USA

Line three: $2.00 per order not item. You could 20 items in a large box and it would still be $2.00

The first line is the product itself which in this case is $12.95.

The second line is actually postage, it reads shipping but it been that way for years and I can't change the software.

The third line is for shipping and handling which is, boxes, tape, bubble wrap, activation cards, postage machine receipts, etc. etc and the labor it takes to pack the items and ship them.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Have fun!

Cordially,

Jim Berk

Owner

The Caching Place

I'm going to assume these will be available after they arrive and not just through a pre-sale.

I'd like to see the actual coin art/mint art instead of graphic art before I commit to buying... <_<

Hi Jackalgirl & LionsLair!

I understand your concerns. If you look at our history of converting the designs to Geocoins we've met or exceeded expectations each and every time. Feel free to browse the forum history and see the many pre-sales we've done and the results. The coins that T. Steele Jones has designed for me have exceeded expectations. See the "Born to Cache" coin for example.

I generally like to keep stock on coins like this, but based on the response I'm receiving I will probably run out of the first minting. The second minting if there is one would be delivered approximately three weeks after the first one ships.

I have not been doing icons for coins in general because of the expense ($150.00) and times are tough, however if we sell enough Geocoins I will create an icon.

I'm a Jules Verne fan, and I hope to create a series of Geocoins based on his books. This first design that T. Steele Jones and with some minor assistance from me has a sense of beauty, action, and artistry that I hope to bring to the series if we move forward with it.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

Cordially,

Jim Berk

Ditto; I'd like to see the mint art before I commit to the cost (almost $17 with all charges counted in). I'm not complaining -- I just would like to have a better idea of what the coin will look like. I see that it'll be black nickel with IHE; it will have its own custom icon, I assume?

Hi Jackalgirl!

I thought about it further and I'm comiting to having an icon for the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Geocoin by May 30th. I will also have an icon for the next Geocoins in the Jules Verne Series. Mysterious Island will probably be next

Cordially,

Jim

Ditto; I'd like to see the mint art before I commit to the cost (almost $17 with all charges counted in). I'm not complaining -- I just would like to have a better idea of what the coin will look like. I see that it'll be black nickel with IHE; it will have its own custom icon, I assume?

Hi Jackalgirl!

I thought about it further and I'm comiting to having an icon for the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Geocoin by May 30th. I will also have an icon for the next Geocoins in the Jules Verne Series. Mysterious Island will probably be next

Cordially,

Jim

Very good; I think that the Nautilus would make an outstanding 32x32. : ) Would you consider posting the mint art when you get it? It's not that I don't trust your artist or the mint's ability to interpret the art, it's just that the mint version often ends up being pretty different from the original conception.

I like that you're using IHE. Are you getting some of the shades of blue on the front by using multiple levels under (say) trans #8 or trans #21 (Mint wish list: more blues in translucent IHE, please), or are all of the patches of different blues going to be done opaquely?

I'm assuming the latter because of some mints' reticence to two-tone black nickel over nickel (and translucent enamel over black nickel would not look good), but if you've got some kind of two-toning scheme going on, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks for the response!

Hi Jackalgirl!

Cordially,

Jim

Very good; I think that the Nautilus would make an outstanding 32x32. : ) Would you consider posting the mint art when you get it? It's not that I don't trust your artist or the mint's ability to interpret the art, it's just that the mint version often ends up being pretty different from the original conception.

I like that you're using IHE. Are you getting some of the shades of blue on the front by using multiple levels under (say) trans #8 or trans #21 (Mint wish list: more blues in translucent IHE, please), or are all of the patches of different blues going to be done opaquely?

I'm assuming the latter because of some mints' reticence to two-tone black nickel over nickel (and translucent enamel over black nickel would not look good), but if you've got some kind of two-toning scheme going on, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks for the response!

Hi Jackalgirl!

Yes, I will post the mint art when it is done. I'm in the process of working with them to interpret the art. The mint I use has been excellent in taking the original design and capturing most of the elements. If anything is lost it's some of the fine details that just can't be duplicated on such a small canvas (the Geocoin). In fact that's one of the reasons I've gone to a 2.0 format to preserve as much detail as possible.

The artist I collaborate with is highly skilled in using solid pantone colors which makes it easier for the mint to copy the design. There are always some changes, but usually they are minor.

You've asked some technical questions as well, which I will have the artist, Tom Jones respond as soon as he has the time. I have been working with the mint artists and we should be finished by Friday with the final design. I'll post the mint art this weekend. BTW this coin is selling very well in pre-sale.

Cordially,

Jim Berk

Owner

The Caching Place

The Caching Place has been in business since September 2005, and we presently ship to 27 countries world wide. I want to personally thank all of my customers & friends! - - Jim

4369999223_b1905fd9cb_o.jpg

4369999245_18cd0d3a6f_o.jpg

Pre-Sale:"20,000 Leagues under the Sea Tribute" ships on or before March 18th 2010.

This may be one of the most beautiful Geocoins that The Caching Place has ever designed & minted! Artist T. Steele Jones & The Caching Place has designed this Geocoin as a tribute to the great author Jules Verne. The "20,000 Leagues under the Sea Tribute" Geocoin is shaped like a book 2.0" x 1.75". It has a "front cover", "spine", and "back cover". The Geocaching theme is depicted in this fabulous Geocoin! The front of the coin has the Nemo's mysterious submarine Nautilus, with divers searching a sunken ship for buried Geoaching treasure! The back of the coin has Captain Nemo fighting a giant squid in an epic battle! The detail, colors, and action make this Geocaching themed Geocoin a wonderful collectors item! You could even place the "20,000 Leagues under the Sea Tribute" Geocoin in a cache for a 20,000 leagues adventure on land!

Cordially,

Jim Berk

Owner

The Caching Place

Please find the mint artwork for the new tribute to Jules Verne Tribute 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

This has become the second most popular pre-sale in our history!

4400069969_94c77f28a2_o.jpg

Cordially,

Jim Berk

Hi Eartha!

Please update the following post:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...;hl=Jules+verne

I originally posted it February 19th (The Caching Place).

New Post 3/25/10

Many of you wanted to see the actual production 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, tribute to Jules Verne Geocoin, so here it is!

4461387041_cf826d7c67_o.jpg

4461387029_88648aa4e7_o.jpg

"20,000 Leagues under the Sea" a tribute to Jules Verne is now shipping! This is one of the most imaginative Geocoins we've ever produced! It's shaped like a Jules Verne Novel, with a front cover, spine, & back cover. This Geocoin is now shipping. We are shipping to our customers who ordered during the pre-sale period first. If you haven't ordered yet, don't wait. This has already become one of our best selling Geocoins!

Edited by The Caching Place