Which name would you pick now

sonatellas

I am not sure if this has been done before but I am starting this thread in support of Hazel who wants more fun on here. OK I have often thought that I made up our Geocaching name quite quickly without much thought at the time. This is because I never would of guessed it would turn out to be the main part of my life. So if you could start again would you still have the name you have or would you pick another one you have thought of since? If so what would it be? This is purely for fun. :rolleyes::huh::P:)

I often wish I drank at a pub called 'The Bell' or 'The Ship', especially when logging a micro.

My chums would certainly make it 'Victor Meldrew' (it has been mentioned, can't imagine why).

Of course going by some recent threads 'PersonalAxetoGrinD' would fit a few (can you guess who).

But hang on, now I seem to be leaning towards 'TheRingwoodBitterandTwistedOldGit'.

My Reviewer name is fine, it feels like a second skin now :rolleyes: mind you I'm sure there are those who can think of better names for me :huh:

Now my finder account name Mancunian Pyrocacher is a nightmare :D . Try writing that in a log book in heavy winds or in the dark by torch light when your trying to write. Hold a torch a pen and the log book and illuminate the logbook whilst writing :P

I sometimes think I should change it. Oh wait I did :D it used to be Mancunian. Then I got the bright idea of adding Pyrocacher :)

What was I thinking off :)

Deci :D

My Reviewer name is fine, it feels like a second skin now :rolleyes: mind you I'm sure there are those who can think of better names for me :huh:

Now my finder account name Mancunian Pyrocacher is a nightmare :D . Try writing that in a log book in heavy winds or in the dark by torch light when your trying to write. Hold a torch a pen and the log book and illuminate the logbook whilst writing :P

I sometimes think I should change it. Oh wait I did :D it used to be Mancunian. Then I got the bright idea of adding Pyrocacher :)

What was I thinking off :)

Deci :D

A few people have asked me why Fantasyraider?

But years ago when i joined AO Hell I wanted Tombraider, but that was taken so I became rubbishraider (as I can't resist diving in every skip I pass).

Then when I started selling my wood work stuff ..ie carvings, scroll saw work etc,

I had to change it again because who would buy my stuff if I called myself rubbish?

So, it has been Fantasyraider for 15 years, I can't change now, ... can I?

Even my Kids call me Raider!

So if you could start again would you still have the name you have or would you pick another one you have thought of since? If so what would it be?
Four months after starting caching I created a second account, relogged my caches and paid a second PM subscription (2 or 3 years back now, couldn't change names then).

It was a lot of effort at the time but I'm pleased I did it, I'm very happy with my present monniker (the meaning of which won't be obvious to most but which is to me) to the extent that I've now also got the domain amberel.com.

So I sure wouldn't swap again :rolleyes: .

Rgds, Andy

To save time when writing in logbooks, I'd prefer something shorter than "Stuey". Perhaps "Stu" or even "S".... <_<

Seriously though, I wouldn't change mine for the world. It probably helped getting in early. It would be difficult choosing a good unique name these days I expect.

To save time when writing in logbooks, I'd prefer something shorter than "Stuey". Perhaps "Stu" or even "S".... <_<

Seriously though, I wouldn't change mine for the world. It probably helped getting in early. It would be difficult choosing a good unique name these days I expect.

..not to mention you'd have to re-register your car too :unsure:

..not to mention you'd have to re-register your car too :unsure:

and change his name by Deed Poll? and whilst Bob would be shorter, I'm not sure he's a Bob really.

Well My Husband, My Mum and I were on Holiday and my Hubby opened a door for us and said that common catchphrase "S**t before the shovel" :unsure: and I dont know how but from that he started calling us his s***tleweeds :huh: and we started calling him s***tleboss (Yes I do have a strange family lol) I guess the name just stuck. I hope its not a name that offends anyone and maybe looking back now it is a little bit naughty so if I could change it I would choose MumnMe because its always me and my mum that go Geocaching :D

The s***tleweeds name has a place in my heart though <_<

If I changed again? Dr Solly seems a good name - Do I get the "caches found" list that comes with the name?

Yes, you do. It's only a name change. Just email support asking for the change of name and stating a good reason. Go for it.

And on topic: this IS my changed name, it feels very comfortable on me and I never looked back.

Edited by Cairngorm

i got custody of both dogs and the caching account when i split with my ex, and then sadly my jack russell died, but i couldn't imagine being anyone else except 8paws4legs, or 8p4l, for short.

many thanks to dogastus who i believe was responsible for actually coining the shortened version :unsure: the full version is a bit of a pain to write on cache logs but that's what stamps are for isn't it?

the most important part of our name is the 8paws bit as i'll never forget that i once had two dogs so please don't ever call us 4paws <_<

Believe it or not, I actually considered changing my real name (Richard) to Morton. It was after I'd been on a conference call with four people all called Richard, and I thought... perhaps it's just a bit common? :(

I might have done it, except that I'm "known" professionally and it would have meant I'd have to go back to square one building up a reputation. Morton's a name I've used for all kinds of things over the years, so it feels very natural to me - I can't even remember why I first chose it now, but it would have been waaaay back in the early 90's.

If I was to update my user name it would need to be yorkie34.

The other option is going for something like "snail speed cacher" to reflect how many caches I haven't found recently. :(

Will I ever reach 660??? Get off your rear and find a cache!!!! :P

Edited by Yorkie30

I keep thinking of changing our name to something dynamic like The Leek Seekers :D (as we live in Leek) B) or something similar based on the county/area we live in, although if we moved we would have to change the name again as it would then look odd; in but really can not be bothered, we are fairly well known :blink: so it might throw a few other cachers if we changed now.

Although maybe one day I will get around to changing the first letter of our name to a capital as that irritates me.

Before joining gc.com the only other internet moniker I had was on a cycling forum. I was a total newb at internet stuff then. Thought I might be meeting a bunch of wierdos in chat rooms online or something ;) . Which makes it all the more bizarre that when prompted for my username I put in my real name <_< . I soon realised my internet faux pas but couldn't change it! As for my geocaching name, I wouldn't change mumbo jumbo for anything now. Very attached to it.

mj

i would never change mine, its what i am know as everywhere on the internet, and even some people in real life call me t4e lol

it started out in a long form...trance4ever, and the only place that i still am registered with that name is the first forum of an internet radio that i ever joined, of course everyone is using the short form anyway

"trance" being the genre of music i live, breath and DJ <_<

As im a girlguide leader I was going to use that as my user name but it had already gone :laughing: , so had my pack name bumble bee so I jumbled them up and became bumbleguide ;) . Now my husband White-tiger has joined me and so has my daughter Glowfaize and I have to make up a team name which is short but includes all our names :laughing: , any ideas.

when i was younger i was always called Buster,

but when i went to collage there were two daves :laughing:

so i just got labled dave from deal and for years this was what i used, all my accounts and emails were this, but after my email got hacked and people started getting dodgy ones i had it shut down.

but then the username said it was taken, so it converted to dave in deal.

and now on my logs i just put D.I.D

As im a girlguide leader I was going to use that as my user name but it had already gone :laughing: , so had my pack name bumble bee so I jumbled them up and became bumbleguide ;) . Now my husband White-tiger has joined me and so has my daughter Glowfaize and I have to make up a team name which is short but includes all our names :laughing: , any ideas.

how about glowwhiteguide