Who have you met?

Alex is hot

A little while ago I met two geocachers, Dragonfly and EN and his friend trying to find the same cache. I was trying to find Up or Down and then I found Two men standing at the top of the hill saying its somewhere down there! And then I asked if they were geocaching? And I think I startled them as a lonley person out there! But we talked and ended up signing the log together and stuff so my question is have you met another cacher geocaching?

Nope, the only geocacher i have met is a good friend of mine who turned me onto the sport :unsure: other than him, i have never met any geocachers.

Id be all for it if i could track someone down near my area and my age, but i get the feeling most cachers are alot older than me, and it would be slightly weird caching with them. :D

New caches seem to bring cachers out of the woodwork! :rolleyes: I've met a number of people searching for that FTF.

I've also met geocachers walking across lakes in the winter getting all the shoreline caches without having to bushwack.

I must have met 20 or 30 cachers on trails or at cache sites in the past couple of years.

My son and I were geocaching in a cemetery doing a "Restin'" . I saw someone driving out and whispered to my son that they were another cacher. When the woman drew up beside me I asked her if she had a family member buried in the cemetery. She looked flummoxed by the question so I then said "Did you find it?" At which point she laughed and said "Ya" and help us locate it. We then went and did a few others with her.

We've met a Myrtle Moose, a Juice Pig, a couple of Pockets, a Smurfster (um, I mean Murfster !), a Binrat, and a GPS Dude. And a few others, who's names I don't remember off-hand, but I'll remember the experiences forever though.

The ones we met at a cache were Pockets & wife, probably the nicest people I've met in a long long time.

Denis ;-)

On my second day of caching, a few years ago, hunting for my second find, I ran into a guy named "Nozzletime". He mentioned something of "Smudge" waiting in the truck.

1): I had no idea who that was and what he was talking about

2): I got the idea that you might have to pick numbers to get to a cache.

In the mean time I know better, on 1 and 2.

We've randomly met many geocachers especially in local FTF hunts but our best accidental meeting happened just last fall while we were looking for a cache at a local city park in Athens, Greece during our Mediterranean cruise. As we approached the cache site we thought we were going to be thwarted by 2 muggles lurking nearby but it turned out that they were geocachers from Germany and had been searching for 20 minutes with no luck. They were very happy when I spotted the cache shortly after arriving.

We have met many many cachers on the trails (42 at the last count) over the last 2.5 years, we actually track and list them on our profile page. We don't count events or near events where we're all in the area.

Our most ironic was Buttons & Beaux at a cache in Buffalo! Not a million miles from Canada, but unexpected :lol:

Some have been for FTF hunts, others have been sheer coincidence!

Thanks.

I have met the usual suspects including a some of the posters above.

I have also met Geocaching Royalty with names like Snoogans, The Snoogstress, Snooglet, Cujo and at the top of the list CCCooperagency.

Binrat

Royalty? ;) Naaaaaa, you give me too much credit Lloyd. :lol:

Snoogans is just this guy ya know.... :D

We are still pretty new to this, and have not met many others on the trails - but we did happen on a couple of other cachers at the most lonely geocache site we have been to. It was so isolated that when we noticed other people the only explanation was they were very lost or out there for the same thing we were! Happily it was the latter option! :blink: