Is anyone else as fed up as me?

HazelS

I'm all for free speech and getting things off our chests, but at the moment there seems to be a surge in the number of posts on here moaning about what someone else did or said.

Surely this wonderful hobby we all have is about getting out into our wonderful countryside and finding tupperware... not about flaming each other and seeing who can get who into trouble, or moaned about most.

Isn't it time we drew a line in the sand and all took a step back and breathe deeply? :)

I'm all for free speech and getting things off our chests, but at the moment there seems to be a surge in the number of posts on here moaning about what someone else did or said.

Surely this wonderful hobby we all have is about getting out into our wonderful countryside and finding tupperware... not about flaming each other and seeing who can get who into trouble, or moaned about most.

Isn't it time we drew a line in the sand and all took a step back and breathe deeply? :)

With you all the way Nutty... I remember the days when the forums were a source of both useful information and a spot of fun, now as you seem it seems to be mostly negative...

I supposed as the room gets more crowded more toes are going to be stepped on.

I don't come in here that often these days, but when I do I just see it as a source of entertainment, and not somewhere to take at all seriously.

These are forums, they ARE NOT the real world :) .

Judging what I read on here, for a few people this is the real world, they seem to have nothing else in their lives, they spend all their time planning how to next stick the boot in. Or in other cases must of their time is spent making up pseudo facts, and then vehemently prooving them.

Judging what I read on here, for a few people this is the real world, they seem to have nothing else in their lives, they spend all their time planning how to next stick the boot in. Or in other cases must of their time is spent making up pseudo facts, and then vehemently prooving them.

I thinks you must be taking this place too seriously, just :) and move on.

Yep, but I supose with all the bans on charity / competition / commercial / self cache promotion posts etc. There isn't much else to left to post on here. You don't have to read these forums and I know many that simply don't. Tis much more fun to give the forums a miss and spend your time out caching.

I have not been a member for long, and only have 9 finds under my belt. I have only really started using the forum in the last month or so but have already noticed a lot of sniping and moaning on here. Its not the most encouraging atmosphere for noobs!

That said, each time I have asked a Q, I have always had plenty of friendly helpful advice. For every moaner, there is thousands of friendly members, so thankyou to all those friendly people who have helped my jounrey into the world of Geocaching!

With you all the way Nutty... I remember the days when the forums were a source of both useful information and a spot of fun, now as you seem it seems to be mostly negative...

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :D:o

Honestly, I have been frequenting this forum for well over 6 years and it has always been like this. back in 2005 I posted a similar thread titled Marmite, despite lots of forum users agreeing with me, nothing has actually changed. :unsure:

I am also ashamed to admit that I have been sucked into the angst on more occasions than I wish to remember. :D I try my best to stay out of it, but I just hate to see people who have double standards and short memories when they have their whinges.

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :D:o

Honestly, I have been frequenting this forum for well over 6 years and it has always been like this. back in 2005 I posted a similar thread titled Marmite, despite lots of forum users agreeing with me, nothing has actually changed. :unsure:

I am also ashamed to admit that I have been sucked into the angst on more occasions than I wish to remember. :D I try my best to stay out of it, but I just hate to see people who have double standards and short memories when they have their whinges.

Ah well, must be my old age or my rose tinted specs...but I'm still convinced these forums used to be busier and more helpful... but there we go.

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :D:P

Honestly, I have been frequenting this forum for well over 6 years and it has always been like this. back in 2005 I posted a similar thread titled Marmite, despite lots of forum users agreeing with me, nothing has actually changed. :rolleyes:

I am also ashamed to admit that I have been sucked into the angst on more occasions than I wish to remember. :huh: I try my best to stay out of it, but I just hate to see people who have double standards and short memories when they have their whinges.

Ah well, must be my old age or my rose tinted specs...but I'm still convinced these forums used to be busier and more helpful... but there we go.

Used to have fun on another forum by seeing how many 'depths' of quoting we could get into one posting (this one now has three) before the forum ground to a halt or a moderator popped up and told us to stop being silly. It was a lot more than three :)

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :D:)

Honestly, I have been frequenting this forum for well over 6 years and it has always been like this. back in 2005 I posted a similar thread titled Marmite, despite lots of forum users agreeing with me, nothing has actually changed. :rolleyes:

I am also ashamed to admit that I have been sucked into the angst on more occasions than I wish to remember. :huh: I try my best to stay out of it, but I just hate to see people who have double standards and short memories when they have their whinges.

Used to have fun on another forum by seeing how many 'depths' of quoting we could get into one posting (this one now has three) before the forum ground to a halt or a moderator popped up and told us to stop being silly. It was a lot more than three :D

So what was the highest it got to? :P

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :D:)

Used to have fun on another forum by seeing how many 'depths' of quoting we could get into one posting (this one now has three) before the forum ground to a halt or a moderator popped up and told us to stop being silly. It was a lot more than three :D

So what was the highest it got to? :P

was it 5?

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :D:D

Honestly, I have been frequenting this forum for well over 6 years and it has always been like this. back in 2005 I posted a similar thread titled Marmite, despite lots of forum users agreeing with me, nothing has actually changed. :huh:

I am also ashamed to admit that I have been sucked into the angst on more occasions than I wish to remember. :P I try my best to stay out of it, but I just hate to see people who have double standards and short memories when they have their whinges.

So what was the highest it got to? :)

was it 5?

or may be even 6? :rolleyes:

Edited by akettlet

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :D:D

Honestly, I have been frequenting this forum for well over 6 years and it has always been like this. back in 2005 I posted a similar thread titled Marmite, despite lots of forum users agreeing with me, nothing has actually changed. :huh:

I am also ashamed to admit that I have been sucked into the angst on more occasions than I wish to remember. :P I try my best to stay out of it, but I just hate to see people who have double standards and short memories when they have their whinges.

was it 5?

I never seen the point of all this quoting thingy...

was it 5?

how does it work anyways?

was it 5?

No idea but it looks kind of pretty.

I am also ashamed to admit that I have been sucked into the angst on more occasions than I wish to remember. :) I try my best to stay out of it, but I just hate to see people who have double standards and short memories when they have their whinges.

Used to have fun on another forum by seeing how many 'depths' of quoting we could get into one posting (this one now has three) before the forum ground to a halt or a moderator popped up and told us to stop being silly. It was a lot more than three :)

So what was the highest it got to? :D

was it 5?

This is getting silly :P Can a Mod coma along and sort this out please? :D

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :):D

was it 5?

You're all being very very silly, stop it right now :D

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :):D

was it 5?

To many quotes spoil the post.

Whoops it didn't quote properly

Edited by DrDick&Vick

Ha! You borked the quote machine! :P

I'm not one to complain BUT multiple quoting of unnecessary quotes within quotes is a (slight) annoyance to me. If you're replying to the post immediately before yours then you don't need to quote it!

Ummmm... Although I just have. :rolleyes:

Blast. :huh:

And, yes, I'm fed up...

I've just had Green Thai prawn and mangetout curry, some chickeny thing, basmati rice, onion bhagee and two mugs of tea. :)

MrsB

Ha! You borked the quote machine! :)

I'm not one to complain BUT multiple quoting of unnecessary quotes within quotes is a (slight) annoyance to me. If you're replying to the post immediately before yours then you don't need to quote it!

Ummmm... Although I just have. :rolleyes:

Blast. :huh:

And, yes, I'm fed up...

I've just had Green Thai prawn and mangetout curry, some chickeny thing, basmati rice, onion bhagee and two mugs of tea. :D

MrsB

Yes, but.

If someone types quicker than you, they may get their post in before the one you are replying to.

Then your post doesn't refer to the 'post above' :P

was it 5?

That's it... you've got the idea. And yes it is very silly but al least it's harmless and no-one is being insulted... And it's FUN

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :anicute::anicute:

Used to have fun on another forum by seeing how many 'depths' of quoting we could get into one posting (this one now has three) before the forum ground to a halt or a moderator popped up and told us to stop being silly. It was a lot more than three :anicute:

So what was the highest it got to? :anicute:

was it 5?

or may be even 6? <_<

You're all being very very silly, stop it right now :anicute:

That's it... you've got the idea. And yes it is very silly but al least it's harmless and no-one is being insulted... And it's FUN

All these people playing for fun doesn't half get tiresome after a while...

Sorry, couldn't resist :unsure:

Which forums are you browsing through, as you can't be referring to this one? :P:P

Honestly, I have been frequenting this forum for well over 6 years and it has always been like this. back in 2005 I posted a similar thread titled Marmite, despite lots of forum users agreeing with me, nothing has actually changed. :(

I remember those days, I see things haven't changed a bit - even the same old people stirring things up. I'm with you on the 'sucked in' and 'ashamed' bit - the forums spoilt the game for me, I had my Matrix moment and moved on.

Having said that, I'm really glad to see some of the old names still posting here, I'm glad so many people are keeping it up...and equally, from visiting the marmite thread, so many have gone...

Isn't it time we drew a line in the sand and all took a step back and breathe deeply? :blink:

Hey, Mod, this guy's complaining about people and trying to cause trouble.

Isn't it time we drew a line in the sand and all took a step back and breathe deeply? :D

Careful, Robespierre... That's a gal you're pointing at! B)

MrsB :blink:

Isn't it time we drew a line in the sand and all took a step back and breathe deeply? B)

Careful, Robespierre... That's a gal you're pointing at! B)

MrsB :blink:

Its ok ive given him some peanuts and lemonade

:DB)B)