BSA Get In The Game!

KaiserKlan

I'm looking for someone in or around the Kansas City area who is both a Scouter and a big time Geocacher. Specifically I need someone to oversee the design and execution of a geocaching event for Boy Scouts and Venturers.

The Heart Of America Council of the BSA will be holding a Centennial Celebration this coming fall, one of the events will be Geocaching. If you think this challenge is something you would enjoy please contact me as soon as possible. We need to get to work on the details.

Interested parties please send an eMail to kcscouter@gmail.com

Thanks..

Before you go any further, please please PLEASE read this thread all the way through: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=241532

I have no problem with Scouts placing caches, as long as the proper education, responsibility and adult follow-up are a part of the process, but so far that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

This event will not have any permanent cache placements.

For those who don't know KaiserKlan is the person behind me getting involved in caching. He is the person who coined the phrase Geoscouting for our district camporee back in 2003.

For a brief overview of what he is needing. The Kansas City area, home of the Heart of America Council is slated to have the largest gathering of scouts outside of the National Jamboree. We are going to have several "subcamps" and each camp will have a booth set up to showcase geocaching.

KaiserKlan asked me to head up the events but due to work obligations I cannot commit to being the person in charge. I will be happy to share the supplies and contacts that I have in the Kansas City area as a result of running this station at the District event for the last seven years.

KaiserKlan has told me that you will be given a pretty free reign to run the booths as you see fit. In the past we have had competition style temporary caches that are run much like an orienteering event.