Cache maggot arrested.

Where YOU see a veiled encouragement, I SAID we know where he lives and works.

As i said in another thread. I try to say exactly what I mean.

Now, if Paul Repak reads what I wrote, I am sure he will be reminded that we know who he is, where he lives and where he works. If this is enough of a motivation to stay on the good side of geocachers, so be it.

If this isn't encouragement, I don't know what is...

I am not encouraging any retribution against anyone. Please try to refrain from putting words in my mouth. They aren't tasty.

Yeah...sure, you're not. It's pretty common knowledge that you'd have no problem with vigilante "justice" against this guy.

:laughing:

Again, people try to twist my words.

It's like an ice cream cone. I would have no problem with the ice cream falling on the ground but that's not the same as encouraging the ice cream to hit the ground. Heck, I might even say "It looks like thatice cream is going to fall of tha cone, lets watch". Again, it's not encouraging the ice cream to fall.

So worded differently, same logic, you mean;

"I would have no problem if retribution happened but that's not the same as encouraging retribution. Heck, I might even say "It looks like that retribution is going to happen, lets watch". Again, it's not encouraging the retribution"

Would this be correct?

"I would have no problem if retribution happened but that's not the same as encouraging retribution. Heck, I might even say "It looks like that retribution is going to happen, lets watch". Again, it's not encouraging the retribution"

Would this be correct?

As I read you words, exactly as written, Yes, that is correct.

Hence, this icon...

:laughing:

Would this be correct?

OMG!

Would this be correct?

OMG!

Now let's see what your definition of "retribution" is?

If you are aghast with an "OMG!" you must have some pretty severe thoughts of what retribution would be.

If you are aghast with an "OMG!" you must have some pretty severe thoughts of what retribution would be.

If you can not see how this and other comments, either standing by themselves or in a group, are not encouraging retribution, no definition or amount of logic will help you.

If for no other reason than you have already open yourself up to at least closer scrutiny if something unfortunate does happen, I would stop posting were I you.

If you can not see how this and other comments, either standing by themselves or in a group, are not encouraging retribution, no definition or amount of logic will help you.

If for no other reason than you have already open yourself up to at least closer scrutiny if something unfortunate does happen, I would stop posting were I you.

So my question goes unanswered. OK.

Tell me this.

Have you ever watched a criminal get apprehended? Did you do anything?

I have seen it. I watched. I had no love for the criminal. I didn't even know, for sure, that a crime had been committed. But I watched.

Once, I did get involved and for my trouble I was treated to a down-the-barrel look at a loaded hunting rifle about 10 feet or less from me. I, now, prefer to watch when there is no stake in it for me.

Human beings are curious creatures. They are quick to fault others but rarely examine themselves. A person might become outraged and speak of how they would do something in a certain situation, the reality is that when placed in that situation they behave completely different.

I am honest with myself and others. In that regard, if neighbor A steals from neighbor B I would sit back and watch if neighbor B punched neighbor A in the face. Would I encourage that confrontation? No. If the confrontation happened, would I watch? Certainly.

I KNOW there are people reading this who feel the same way but I'm almost certain that they don't want to admit it, some won't admit it to themselves and others just don't want to admit it publicly.

Humans are interesting sometimes.

So my question goes unanswered. OK.

Tell me this.

Have you ever watched a criminal get apprehended? Did you do anything?

I have seen it. I watched. I had no love for the criminal. I didn't even know, for sure, that a crime had been committed. But I watched.

Once, I did get involved and for my trouble I was treated to a down-the-barrel look at a loaded hunting rifle about 10 feet or less from me. I, now, prefer to watch when there is no stake in it for me.

Human beings are curious creatures. They are quick to fault others but rarely examine themselves. A person might become outraged and speak of how they would do something in a certain situation, the reality is that when placed in that situation they behave completely different.

I am honest with myself and others. In that regard, if neighbor A steals from neighbor B I would sit back and watch if neighbor B punched neighbor A in the face. Would I encourage that confrontation? No. If the confrontation happened, would I watch? Certainly.

I KNOW there are people reading this who feel the same way but I'm almost certain that they don't want to admit it, some won't admit it to themselves and others just don't want to admit it publicly.

Humans are interesting sometimes.

I never feel bad for what happens to criminals.Most get what they deserve either by the law or the person they wronged while commiting the crime.

The only thing that sometimes bothers me is all the attention that the criminal gets.The people who feel sorry for the criminal if he is going to get executed or gets years behind bars.The victim and their family get pushed to the side and their feelings are seldom heard.The media is good at this type of thing.

If my neighbor was being robbed and he was fighting back I can honestly say I would probably be fighting too.And if the robber got banged up in the process,thats just the price he pays for his actions.

I once tried to break up a fight at a bar where a husband and wife had a few too many and were getting physical.I pulled the guy off his wife and guess what I got for my troubles?An ashtray off the back of my head.And who did it?The wife.Then they both were on ME...I learned quick to stay out of domestic fights and just call the cops.

If the confrontation happened, would I watch? Certainly.

Oh bittsen.... Do you not see that you are no better than Mr. Repak? In my opinion, your condoning violence as retribution for a property crime is far worse than the actions of Mr. Repak. I'm sure Mr. Repak has spent a fair amount of money defending himself and will probably not be stealing caches anymore. Perhaps you should consider forgiving Mr. Repak for what he has done? Remember, forgiveness has more to do with you than it has to do with him. Free yourself from this burden of anger that you have given yourself.

Oh bittsen.... Do you not see that you are no better than Mr. Repak? In my opinion, your condoning violence as retribution for a property crime is far worse than the actions of Mr. Repak. I'm sure Mr. Repak has spent a fair amount of money defending himself and will probably not be stealing caches anymore. Perhaps you should consider forgiving Mr. Repak for what he has done? Remember, forgiveness has more to do with you than it has to do with him. Free yourself from this burden of anger that you have given yourself.

Not knowing Repaks motivation, I can't see whether or not I am "better" than him is relevnt.

Again, for those who try to read more into what I am saying than the actual words I am saying... I am not encouraging anyone to do anything. Saying I am "condoning" is saying I am encouraging. I am not.

As I said, I would watch. I watch people all of the time. I know many people who enjoy "people watching" as a form of entertainment. People are interesting.

But, I digress.

Not knowing Repaks motivation, I can't see whether or not I am "better" than him is relevnt.

Again, for those who try to read more into what I am saying than the actual words I am saying... I am not encouraging anyone to do anything. Saying I am "condoning" is saying I am encouraging. I am not.

As I said, I would watch. I watch people all of the time. I know many people who enjoy "people watching" as a form of entertainment. People are interesting.

But, I digress.

You are being disingenious.. Don't make me go back to the beginning of this thread and dig up your quotes.. I'll turn this car around right now!

But, I digress.

You are being disingenious.. Don't make me go back to the beginning of this thread and dig up your quotes.. I'll turn this car around right now!

Go for it...

I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent.

But, I digress.

Go for it...

I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent.

I don't doubt for a second that you meant what you said.. We know that you aren't going to fly over there and "tap dance on his face". The point is that saying the things you've said is irresponsible at best and incites violence at worst.

If I were to post your address and then say, "Here is Bittsen's address. I'm only posting it for informational purposes, but if you were to go to his house and violate his lawn gnome, I'm not going to stop you. In fact, I think Bittsen deserves to have his lawn gnome violated."... That would most definitely be "Inciting lawn gnome violence"..

If I were to post your address and then say, "Here is Bittsen's address. I'm only posting it for informational purposes, but if you were to go to his house and violate his lawn gnome, I'm not going to stop you. In fact, I think Bittsen deserves to have his lawn gnome violated."... That would most definitely be "Inciting lawn gnome violence"..

So, what is Bittsen's address?

And what do you have against lawn gnomes? :)

But, I digress.

Go for it...

I don't doubt for a second that you meant what you said.. We know that you aren't going to fly over there and "tap dance on his face". The point is that saying the things you've said is irresponsible at best and incites violence at worst.

Now now, from a few of the reactions I have seen, the mention of posting bittsen's address would be inciting violence. :)

Be careful of those gnomes, they look like the could do some devastating violating just by jumping at the correct time.

Man it's been years since I really, I mean really violated me a garden gnome.

Good times.

Suddenly I feel incited to do it again. If only I had an postal address to direct my wrath and garden gnome hatred; a lightning rod to attract my furry and rage.

Attract your furry? That is way too much information!

Good times.

Suddenly I feel incited to do it again. If only I had an postal address to direct my wrath and garden gnome hatred; a lightning rod to attract my furry and rage.

His name is Larry and he wears a purple and pink panda suit, going by the name "Mrs. Cuddlebear". When needed, I call him to attack (other people). Furry fury.

Edited by Castle Mischief

I have an update on Bittsen's garden gnome. I would appreciate it if everyone would stop the pointless banter so we can focus on the facts of the case.

At 2am last night, several Geocachers, who will remain anonymous, infiltrated Bittsen's front yard and sent a very clear message to the scofflaw gnome and his owner.

494195499_39f246de0a.jpg

I have an update on Bittsen's garden gnome. I would appreciate it if everyone would stop the pointless banter so we can focus on the facts of the case.

At 2am last night, several Geocachers, who will remain anonymous, infiltrated Bittsen's front yard and sent a very clear message to the scofflaw gnome and his owner.

494195499_39f246de0a.jpg

I had no idea that you came from a broken gnome. Sorry to hear that. :)

Good times.

His name is Larry and he wears a purple and pink panda suit, going by the name "Mrs. Cuddlebear". When needed, I call him to attack (other people). Furry fury.

lol..Now that is a case where a misspelling changed the whole meaning or the sentence.I will be right back,my furry needs to go outside,or my new carpet will get the fury of my German Shepherd Dog.

And everyone now has access to where he lives and where he works (assuming his job is still there).

I'm not looking for physical retribution at all.. But I wanted to know how the case was handled, because this could be a foot-hold, to warn-off would-be thieves who get it in their mind that they're above the law, and can deface, destroy, mutilate, or confiscate whatever they feel fit to to, because they simply cannot allow others to enjoy a past-time hobby that they cannot understand, or feel is strictly a waste of time in their view.

a good example, awhile back, someone had confiscated a TB hotel, removed ALL of the tags and discarded the items and chains (except for the blue rings removed from Diabetes tribute TB's). Again stolen property, But the person tried selling them on EBay, Bragging how they felt the game was a waste of time, they now owned the items, and had the right to sell them... their post on EBay was removed shortly there after, but no-one knows whatever happened beyond that.

Personal opinion, the Diabetes Awareness TB's being separated from their tags, was equal to desecrating a grave site, by removing the head stone from the grave.

Stephen (gelfling6) Who, himself has had his name/address listed in the police blotter, but for different reason.

And everyone now has access to where he lives and where he works (assuming his job is still there).

a good example, awhile back, someone had confiscated a TB hotel, removed ALL of the tags and discarded the items and chains (except for the blue rings removed from Diabetes tribute TB's). Again stolen property, But the person tried selling them on EBay, Bragging how they felt the game was a waste of time, they now owned the items, and had the right to sell them... their post on EBay was removed shortly there after, but no-one knows whatever happened beyond that.

Ah, yes... I remember that incident:

de2c308e-15b9-4088-b52b-20a323b9b9e4.jpg

Such a pretty thing. It's a pity she's dumb as a box of rocks. At least, that's the impression I get based on the fact that she can't tell the difference between "lose" and "loose."

Such a pretty thing. It's a pity she's dumb as a box of rocks. At least, that's the impression I get based on the fact that she can't tell the difference between "lose" and "loose."

If you were really observant, you would notice that the girl isn't the one who can't tell the difference between lose and loose. It's the person photoshopping the image. Notice the question mark goes over the finger. :rolleyes:

If you were really observant, you would notice that the girl isn't the one who can't tell the difference between lose and loose. It's the person photoshopping the image. Notice the question mark goes over the finger. :rolleyes:

What a small world.

4 days before my brother got framed for crashing an email server at his place of employment he sent that girls entire photo spread to my family email box. I'm sure if someone got profits from something associated with that picture the copyright holder would happily remove a portion of their income. Heck I bet they could hit him just for trying.

I must admit GeoGeeBee that the last thing I thought about was her qualifications as a spelling teacher. I don't know what that says about me, but there you go.

I must admit GeoGeeBee that the last thing I thought about was her qualifications as a spelling teacher. I don't know what that says about me, but there you go.

I only caught the photoshopping after he pointed out the spelling.

I have another picture that I defy you to find the duck in. :rolleyes:

I only caught the photoshopping after he pointed out the spelling.

I have another picture that I defy you to find the duck in. :rolleyes:

You looked at the finger and the question mark to determine it was a fake, huh? Somehow I never even looked at that part of the picture!! ;)

I think the photoshopping (or, perhaps it should be, "photoCHOPPING"?) is pretty obvious in this magnification:

d071998e-7d32-457c-b44a-2b0ac90cc113.jpg

However... this is about as far off-topic as it gets...

I read the article, and to be honest, as someone said in a comment to the article about the LPC bomb-scare.. That many municipal personel, (didn't catch th exact count of police, Firemen, Ambulance, EOD's, to say nothing of the 'Lemmings' (not the dead ones above!) poking around to see what's going on.. Yes, the Terrorists truly have won.. Send in a FEW to check 1st, before unleashing the entire bloody municipal squadron upon it.. If it really had been a threat, you limit the exposure.. Call in the whole bloody town, and You're begging for disaster!

And, for the record, Yes, I am a firefighter. (Since 1981). Several local Connecticut cachers are firefighters too.

By the same token, a NANO could be considere dangerous, if you put a biological agent in it. (mind you, what terrorist would be stupid enough to use a small enough spoon, and get close enough to make sure they didn't spill any?)

But, again, we're getting off topic.

I for one, would like to see Geo-Maggots learn a lesson.. Hands-Off! If you don't like or understand the game, it doesn't give you the right to take it upon yourself to take a cache because you have nothing better to do.

We have some Cache Pirates here in the Tri-Cities, SE WA, who are not only stealing caches, but posting on a youtube video that they are taking them, and what they are planning to do with them. It is very frustrating and very disappointing for the new families especially, who are not being able to find any caches. Not to mention all the hard work we have done in placing the caches all for some bozos who think they are being clever to steal them. I sure wish we could catch these maggots!