Garmin Dakota 2.70 and Oregon 5x0 3.20 updates Feb 17, 2010

allory

Dakota (WebUpdater) software version 2.70

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4527

Oregon x50 (WebUpdater) software version 3.20

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4523

* Fixed issue with units getting stuck in demo mode.

* Fixed color issues with GB Discoverer and Custom Maps.

* Fixed issue where portions of GB Discoverer Maps would disappear.

Installed and working on my 550t, except the WAAS problem is still there.

On initial powerup, it quickly obtained a lock, and within a minute the little Ds appeared, and the error was coming down (23feet when I left it).

10 minutes later, without moving it one inch the Ds have disappeared and the error is now 35feet :P

And the D's won't come back :)

I keep hoping that one of these firmware updates will fix my concerns with my Oregon 450t but it hasn't happened. My unit seems to still be stuck in lock on road mode and I have no idea how to change it. I don't think it is possible to change it.

Concern #2 is that in the Profile change screen seems to stuck in some cyrillic language, even though it is set in English everywhere else. It's really weird.

Anyone else been seeing these things on their 450?

I keep hoping that one of these firmware updates will fix my concerns with my Oregon 450t but it hasn't happened. My unit seems to still be stuck in lock on road mode and I have no idea how to change it. I don't think it is possible to change it.

Setup>Routing>Lock on Road (set to no)

Likely this is only an option if you are in the automotive profile?

Well, I have been having big problems with 2.7 loaded on my dakota 10 with webupdater. After I loaded it and the second time I turned it on, I got the "no system software" message. Went to the fine folks at the Dakota wiki and I was able to resurrect the receiver with version 2.4. The receiver worked just fine with the earlier version. Just to make sure it wasn't something else causing the problem, I used webupdater to update the receiver to 2.7 again. (Yes, I am tempting fate). After starting up the receiver with 2.7 aboard again with no problem, I enjoyed 2 hours of geocaching in the Chicago forests before shutting it down to go into the grocery store. Upon coming out of the store, I turned on the receiver and guess what? No, not the "no system software" message this time, but it displayed the initial configuration and language screen. There is definitely something wrong going on with 2.7, at least on my GPS receiver. Anyone else have similar experiences? BTW, the receiver is now chugging along happily on version 2.5.

Oh, by the way, I also lost my basemap and all the City Navigator maps I had onboard. Custom maps seemed unaffected.

Edited by cliptwings