Trashing out a Volvo

Bilder

There is a junked out Volvo near a cache in town. It is near a high school. Lots of beer bottles and used condoms in the area as a result. I am not sure how they got it down the hill with all the trees.

Any ideas on how to get it outta there?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

quote:
Originally posted by Bilder:

There is a junked out Volvo near a cache in town. It is near a high school. Lots of beer bottles and used condoms in the area as a result. I am not sure how they got it down the hill with all the trees.

Any ideas on how to get it outta there?

WELL, a suggestion or two:

Get the MAYOR involved.

Get the fire department to "rescue" it as a training exercise, bring the Jaws!!!

Get the Boy Scouts involved.

Decorate it with Flowers and try to make it "attractive" perhaps A MESSAGE WILL COME ACROSS.

Hang a for sale sign on it with the Mayor's Phone number on it.

Contact local environ-mentalists (Mentalists who think about Environs).

Clean up the area around it, and declare it a City Park.

Get Code Enforcement to ticket the land owner (after all he should be further victimized, they dumped it on HIS property, so he should be FORCED to pay for it's removal)

Call a scrap recycling center

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)

Get the VIN number off of the dashboard and report it to the local police - it might have been stolen.

I used to know someone who was paid by car owners to 'steal' their car so they could collect insurance on it. He'd 'steal' the car and then dump it in some random location.

Yes, he was a loser, and he is paying for it now.

Anyway, the police can run the VIN number (& plate if it is still on the car). Also report your beer/condom findings. Mebbe they will have some fun with a sting or something... icon_wink.gif

---------------------

16x16_smiley-mad.gif Don't hurt me. I'm new here.

This car is a bit rusty. Tags expired in 1996.

Going to make a couple calls and see what happens.

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

Hey, Bilder...just wondering if anything had come of this. I was curious as to what the final plan was and how things turned out....if at all.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

I placed a couple calls. Turns out that the local beverage and bottlers association is active in helping clean up trashy areas in town.

They hire the homeless and pay them minimum wage plus lunch to pick up garbage as it is reported.

They are working toward the area I reported and hopefully will beable to get the car out when they get there.

They have already cleaned up a camp that I reported to them earlier.

Will be interesting to see if they hire a tow truck to haul out the car.

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

Post it here as a geocache.

Someone will trade down -- taking it away and leaving a broken McToy in trade.

Contact the local high school for free labor. A club may take it on as a service project, or the Dean of Boys may have few miscreants that need to work off an infraction (oops, that brings back memories!).

===========================================================

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".