GeoKrety.org

Hi All,

Grabbed what I thought was a normal TB but appears it is "owned" by a site called GeoKrety.org??

Site appears to be "non-English", Polish I think, is this a breakaway "caching" site from GC.COM??

There appears to be an English site but it it blocked by my "security settings" so do not want to go there (the site that is).

Anybody else come across this site and its "TBs" before, I'll just stick the TB in a cache tomorrow and forget the tracking otherwise!

Cheers

Nick

Site is GeoKrety.org

Edited by Beds Clangers

Hi All,

Grabbed what I thought was a normal TB but appears it is "owned" by a site called GeoKrety.org??

Site appears to be "non-English", Polish I think, is this a breakaway "caching" site from GC.COM??

There appears to be an English site but it it blocked by my "security settings" so do not want to go there (the site that is).

Anybody else come across this site and its "TBs" before, I'll just stick the TB in a cache tomorrow and forget the tracking otherwise!

Cheers

Nick

Site is GeoKrety.org

I just tried geokrety.org it came up in English for me. If you don't want to go there pm me the number and details etc and I will log it for you.

Hi All,

Cheers

Nick

Site is GeoKrety.org

GeoKrety are "open" travel bugs, i.e. they are free, and not restricted to one cache listing site. To log the GeoKrety you have found you don't have to sign up to anything, though you can if you wish.

They are closely associated with OpenCaching, and it was from an OpenCache that I picked up the GeoKrety I have in my possession. But the GeoKrety site is separate from the OpenCache sites, and the travel bugs aren't restricted to OpenCaches.

It would be good if you were able to log it yourself, but if you decide not to, it would be courteous to email the owner and tell them where you picked it up and dropped it off, so they can trace it themselves if they wish.

Rgds, Andy

Edited by Amberel

It would be good if you were able to log it yourself, but if you decide not to, it would be courteous to email the owner and tell them where you picked it up and dropped it off, so they can trace it themselves if they wish.

How do you email or even know who the owner is if you are unhappy about allowing your computer to access the website?

Hi All,

Cheers

Nick

Site is GeoKrety.org

Hi All,

Cheers

Nick

Site is GeoKrety.org

Thanks Norsch, I still cannot access the "UK" site without security warnings.

Cheers

Nick

How do you email or even know who the owner is if you are unhappy about allowing your computer to access the website?
My apologies, you're quite right, but I see the matter has been resolved now. Not sure what the problem with the security settings is, my system is tied down quite tightly but I have no problems with the site.

Rgds, Andy

I picked up a 2zloty coin the other day, it seems that anything can be used - like the odds and sods people attach to TB's but you dont need to attach any thing, the item is the trackable doda instead of the TB.

Only thing is its not available via Groundspeak, so does not show up and therefore some people may miss them as trackable.

Edited by Djinnsplace

Picked up one of these a couple of days ago but have been unable to connect to their website.

I dropped it in another cache today. Pity I can't log its movements.

I had a TB from another (different) site once before, huge pita to log and could only pick up and drop off.

But at least i could log it, unlike this one.

I sure won't be picking up another 'alternative' TB if i come across them again...!

Edited by Bean & Sprout

Picked up one of these a couple of days ago but have been unable to connect to their website.

I dropped it in another cache today. Pity I can't log its movements.

I had a TB from another (different) site once before, huge pita to log and could only pick up and drop off.

But at least i could log it, unlike this one.

I sure won't be picking up another 'alternative' TB if i come across them again...!

http://geokrety.org/index.php or http://geokrety.org/ruchy.php should let you log the retrieve/drop... No need to register with the site.

Edited by Bear and Ragged