GTA cachers?

Joob

Hi! im quite new to geocaching, a friend turned me onto it a little while ago and I was curious about other cachers in the GTA.

None of my friends really know about it.. probably because I am pretty young. but I would love to meet other geocachers and maybe have them give me a few tips, as I am still a newbie cacher.

Do most people geocache in groups? with a friend? what do you prefer?

Also, what is the geocaching demographic in Toronto? im very curious to see if anyone my age is also a geocacher! I am 18 years old, turning 19 in the summer.

how old are you? when did you start geocaching?

AND, one more question: What is the (in your opinion) BEST geocache in Toronto?

Welcome to the sport. There are lots of group cachers and lots of individuals. The sport is very flexible and can be enjoyed either way. Your best bet for meeting other cachers is to check the web site for events in the GTA. They are a lot of fun and everyone will be very helpful.

Also, what is the geocaching demographic in Toronto? im very curious to see if anyone my age is also a geocacher! I am 18 years old, turning 19 in the summer.

The demographic pretty much the same as the demographic of Toronto itself. All ages, All levels of fitness. All walks of life. etc. etc.

AND, one more question: What is the (in your opinion) BEST geocache in Toronto?

Lots of great caches in Toronto. Here are three of my favourites within the city limits.

South Humber Runaround

345 in the Valley of the Don

Willowdale Parks and Ravines

All three are very clever hides and take you to beautiful areas within the city. Probably not the best caches to start out on but after a few finds you will appreciate the creativity of these caches.

Good luck.

Hi! im quite new to geocaching, a friend turned me onto it a little while ago and I was curious about other cachers in the GTA.

None of my friends really know about it.. probably because I am pretty young. but I would love to meet other geocachers and maybe have them give me a few tips, as I am still a newbie cacher.

If you want to meet a whole bunch of GTA geocachers, I'd suggest you head out to one of the GHMGC meetups. There's a meetup this Sunday near Georgetown.

Lots of great caches in Toronto. Here are three of my favourites within the city limits.

South Humber Runaround

345 in the Valley of the Don

Willowdale Parks and Ravines

All three are very clever hides and take you to beautiful areas within the city. Probably not the best caches to start out on but after a few finds you will appreciate the creativity of these caches.

Good luck.

I think i will have to find a few more caches before attempting these, but thanks for the heads up! ill make them down as caches to find in the future for sure :)

i love this sport!

Best area for geocaching in my opinion is the islands, or the Leslie Spit.

I got into geocaching at 25 (but only because i couldn't afford a GPS at 23!) which is kinda close to 18 :unsure:

Awesome! i just got an iphone with the and my friend introduced geocaching to me and convinced me to get the app, be he lives kinda far away so i cant really go caching with him.

I go bike riding quite often on the spit and the island, but more-so in the summertime, so maybe ill save those for a summer biking trip :D

Hi I'm a brampton cacher I started geocaching just before I turned 20 now I'm 21.

not sure The best in toronto because I havent done much caches up there but there are some nice ones in high park.

I f your ever in brampton and want to do some some caching with a partner shoot me an email

Cool! thanks for the invite :rolleyes: i dont venture out there too often but if i ever am in the area i will :huh: thanks!

We joined last spring. Doris' nephew is 12 and started caching with us last year. Age is not an issue in this sport.

I go caching with my friend GPS_Dude. He's a good sport, good friend, met him last year and we've been pretty tight since. Gave him a premium membership as an early birthday gift recently, he deserves it.

I like caching with a friend, gives me something to do out of the house and to do guy stuff. With 2 young children at home it's a nice distraction to go spend time with Dude. Lets you know that you're not the only one with problems and issues and stuff to deal with.