Boy Scouts 100th anninversary geocoin

greenworldfeather

I think they are coming out with a coin for BSA 100th anniversary. I heard this from a geocacher I went to an event with saturday. I think he ordered about 350 of them custom-made. He is putting them out two ways:

First, one type consisting of about 70 coins is going to be given away when you find his caches. They will have a code that you can e-mail for a chance to get a coin. There will be about seven or so drawings every month until they are gone.

Second, there are two other types that he is ordering for the BSA. He is going to put them in two main stations, Orem and St. George, along with severe\al other smaller stations around utah. They will be $10 each, some being silver-colored, and some gold-colored. He just has to get the okay from the executive directors/chairpeople/board from BSA. They will be out in a couple weeks. Hope to get a few. :)B):huh:;)

Hello greenworldfeather. And welcome to the geocoin forums. We like to allow the person who is actually producing a geocoin to make their own announcements, so they can be responsible for how the sale is presented, posting the photos, taking the orders, posting the links, etc.... and so they can be responsible if anything fails to come through. This thread will remain open for now, but if this person making this geocoin wants to open their own thread to present this geocoin, then this thread will be closed.

There are geocoins being placed by the Boy Scouts of America

bfa189c1-e4a7-40f7-a1e6-3b542414f901.jpg

In general, you can get them by visiting a cache placed for the "Geocaching: Get In The Game" program, where there will be a card inside that will be for a drawing to win the coin.

Though, I've given a few out at events and at random while caching.

Edited by The Zachalope

The Utah coin is awesome, and I want one bad! Unfortunately I'll be going through Orem Saturday evening on my way to ski, so no chance to stop into the Headquarters.

With such a limited production run of 230, there wont even be enough coins to supply the states scoutmasters! The council is missing out on a money making opportunity here...

Hi firennice here...

I designed the coin and got it put together for our Council (Coins and Pins made them for us). We will be selling them at the service center (not the National BSA store) in Orem, Vernal, Richfield, Moab?, Cedar City, St. George and another i cannot remember. Though if you are traveling you might want to call ahead. They should be available in Orem by Monday, at at the other locations in the following week.

Silver will only be available to a few as gifts (Governer, Council President, etc), and as prizes in our Get in the Game geocaches. We will put caches out and when you find them you will email a photo and your name and address to qualify for the coin drawing every month (8-10 coins).

The Bronze and Copper will be up for sale in the service centers at $10+tax so about $10.70. I had not got a personal setup to get them out, but I can start working on it.

4358180576_480a79223c.jpg

4358179538_df5444410a.jpg

4358181794_9c30f67e26.jpg

To think I never made it past Scout 2nd Class and approaching 50 (4 days away) I'm likely the one scout from my original troop who still hikes and camps at every opportunity. It would be an honor to find one of these coins and move it along.

I never even made it to 2nd class. That would be because they took 4(!) very good leaders out of our ward when they split the wards, and it crippled our ward for about 3 years. Now we are starting to do fine again, but I am still ticked a bit with that happening. I also do hiking and camping at every opportunity. :unsure:

I think they are coming out with a coin for BSA 100th anniversary. I heard this from a geocacher I went to an event with saturday. I think he ordered about 350 of them custom-made. He is putting them out two ways:

First, one type consisting of about 70 coins is going to be given away when you find his caches. They will have a code that you can e-mail for a chance to get a coin. There will be about seven or so drawings every month until they are gone.

Second, there are two other types that he is ordering for the BSA. He is going to put them in two main stations, Orem and St. George, along with severe\al other smaller stations around utah. They will be $10 each, some being silver-colored, and some gold-colored. He just has to get the okay from the executive directors/chairpeople/board from BSA. They will be out in a couple weeks. Hope to get a few. :DB):D:lol:

To think I never made it past Scout 2nd Class and approaching 50 (4 days away) I'm likely the one scout from my original troop who still hikes and camps at every opportunity. It would be an honor to find one of these coins and move it along.

I never even made it to 2nd class. That would be because they took 4(!) very good leaders out of our ward when they split the wards, and it crippled our ward for about 3 years. Now we are starting to do fine again, but I am still ticked a bit with that happening. I also do hiking and camping at every opportunity. :lol:

Is there an extra Scout geocoin I can buy? adkscout in the Adirondacks of New York, thanks Jack

Hi firennice here...

I designed the coin and got it put together for our Council (Coins and Pins made them for us). We will be selling them at the service center (not the National BSA store) in Orem, Vernal, Richfield, Moab?, Cedar City, St. George and another i cannot remember. Though if you are traveling you might want to call ahead. They should be available in Orem by Monday, at at the other locations in the following week.

Silver will only be available to a few as gifts (Governer, Council President, etc), and as prizes in our Get in the Game geocaches. We will put caches out and when you find them you will email a photo and your name and address to qualify for the coin drawing every month (8-10 coins).

The Bronze and Copper will be up for sale in the service centers at $10+tax so about $10.70. I had not got a personal setup to get them out, but I can start working on it.

4358180576_480a79223c.jpg

4358179538_df5444410a.jpg

4358181794_9c30f67e26.jpg

There are geocoins being placed by the Boy Scouts of America

bfa189c1-e4a7-40f7-a1e6-3b542414f901.jpg

In general, you can get them by visiting a cache placed for the "Geocaching: Get In The Game" program, where there will be a card inside that will be for a drawing to win the coin.

Though, I've given a few out at events and at random while caching.

I got this coin as a FTF gift in a cache here in central Arkansas. It's the coin that got me introduced to geocoins and scouting is what got us into geocaching!!! :laughing: This pic doesn't do this coin justice, it is very very pretty and my son, Indiana Anthony and I where super excited to get it. I think if I understand correctly from the Scouting magazine that there were a # of these minted and then given to the area councils to be given out/hidden. I would be surprised if many are found for sell.

I think if I understand correctly from the Scouting magazine that there were a # of these minted and then given to the area councils to be given out/hidden. I would be surprised if many are found for sell.

That sounds right, though they were for sale at the Groundspeak Lost & Found event on July 4th, after Geowoodstock, as the people from geoscouting.com were there with their normal online inventory plus these.

They also had the pillars of scouting tags on display, but they informed me at the time that those were really limited to what was handed out to the councils.