Broken Bottles

StormShadow

I also have a "Seedy" park close to home, I WON'T place a cache there because it IS a seedy park.

I look at cachers as my friends, and wouldn't invite them to look at that mess.

A rake/shovel and sifting screen is the best way to get GLASS out of loose material.

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)

HAHAHAAHA, thanks for the laugh!! It never ceases to amaze me, the cache hider says don't go in the cave! It's OFF LIMITS and half the posts are people saying the cave is cool, but slippery getting in there. What part of off limits don't they get?

In answer to your question, I tried google searching "picking up broken glass" and basically they all just say "do not touch broken glass and dispose of properly." Properly would be a box for the glass, taped shut and labelled "BROKEN GLASS". There were no hints for picking it up, so I had to think of one myself. And I don't think my idea is completely safe, but here's what I came up with. Carry a stick and a roll of duct tape. Make a wad of duct tape, sticky side out, and stick it on the end of the stick. The glass will stick to it. But the hard part is getting the glass off the sticky stuff, and into the disposal container. So maybe gloves, handle with care, only pick up the big pieces so they can be removed, don't press to hard so it's not really stuck, use a less sticky tape, I just don't know. I'm in the office and can't run tests. Take it from here.....

Planet

Geez if you are going to pick up broken glass, use gloves a shovel and a card board box.

If you want to separate the glass fromm whatever else is there, SIFT it through a screen.

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)