URWIGO builder

yourself

Doesn't work ... perhaps now ...

randoms.jpg

Thanx, the picture works now. Its all so much clearer with the picture! I just had an epiphany about how to do this and something else just before seeing this post while trying to work something else out. What I worked out makes my coding alot shorter and smaller in file size (would of saved alot of time too) but means I gota go back through and change alot!

The more I play with Wherigo the more I learn, the more I learn the more I write. The more I write the more ambitious I get, which means the more I gota learn again! I will have to learn lua at some point!

Thanx again for your help.

HI all! I've juste begin to learn urwigo. The learning curve is moderate but I still love it! I've a question on some trouble I've got and i'm stuck there. I wil begin by explain how my project work.

It's a guided visite about my city. 6 zone each represent a point of interest.

The first zone "ZoneMotoneige" is about a status. I explain this in dialogbox and after i ask 1 question on this. The player must anwser by a number. I want to check if it's the right anwser. If true, player must go to next zone (ZoneAuberge), if not the player must check is anwser again. My probleme is in interface. It tell me that: "Action overlaps window of another preceding action". How I can solve that?

post-7106642-050196200 1378324600_thumb.jpg

Thank a lot,

Francois

P.S.: Sorry for my english, i'm canadian French!

I have to say it took a while to get to grips with URWIGO but once I figured out the drag and drop mentality I love it! I've put together a cart in half the time I would have on the GS builder, although it's only really zones at the moment, so I might find it more complex with items, characters and the like, all the same thanks for putting in the effort to create, much appreciated

Move the 2 sets and the show object details modules into the "On clicked" field of the message box.

In your case the message box will be skipped and the program flow stops at the "show object details" command.

I'm not sur if it's what you said to do... But I've got the same error wherever I put this If/else choice. I must do something wrong!!!

post-7106642-040430200 1378840241_thumb.jpg

So how would I go about creating an item that would be stored on the players unit that would have to completion code in it so the player doesn't have to write it down

You set the item's description equal to the completion code (or concatenate the completion code with some text). Don't forget to mark the cartridge as complete as well. Later, when a Wherigo API is available to the Player devices, they should be able to unlock the cartridge on the site for the player automatically when the cartridge is marked as complete. This is what I'm envisioning as Wherigo's future, among other things.

I realize this is an old post, but I played a Wherigo recently where the completion code was placed into your inventory when the cartridge was finished. This made it very easy to retrieve later, so I'm trying to figure out how to add that feature to one of my carts. Could someone explain this is a little more detail?

Hi there you all!

I made most of my first Wherigo already, and everything went fine except one thing. I can't get it to save. If I try with a another project it works fine, in mine it doesn't work at all. Can anyone help me?

If needed I can send de .urwigo file.

Thanks

Hey all. We're working on our first Wherigo cartrige and running into a problem. How do you, after asking a question, get the question to repeat if the answer is incorrect ("false" in the compare) without completely resetting and having to leave the zone and re-enter?

Hey all. We're working on our first Wherigo cartrige and running into a problem. How do you, after asking a question, get the question to repeat if the answer is incorrect ("false" in the compare) without completely resetting and having to leave the zone and re-enter?

On the "false" side put in the "input" for that question like you did in a previous step to get there.

Does that help or do you need a picture?

Hi there you all!

I made most of my first Wherigo already, and everything went fine except one thing. I can't get it to save. If I try with a another project it works fine, in mine it doesn't work at all. Can anyone help me?

If needed I can send de .urwigo file.

Thanks

Try a "save as" and then reopen that file. Does the issue persist?

I was trying to download URWIGO today, and I keep getting an error when the download program runs as it gets to the end of the download:

Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue.

when I look at the detailed log the error is:

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of http://apps.yourself.cz/Urwigo/Urwigo.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ File, Urwigo.pdb, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

Dear wizards,

maybe different - I have zones in a grid (all inactive because there seems to be a limit on the active ones) and I want to know, in which zone the player is?

Is there code for this?

Thanks for the effort to answer!

Best regards,

Gotthard

Dear wizards,

maybe different - I have zones in a grid (all inactive because there seems to be a limit on the active ones) and I want to know, in which zone the player is?

Is there code for this?

Thanks for the effort to answer!

Best regards,

Gotthard

If I understand your question right you could do this,

Make a currentLocation variable and each time the player enters a zone you can set this variable to that Zone.

Player.ObjectLocation will give you the player's current location.

To find out how far the player is from a zone:

function DistanceFromZone(zone, units)
local d2,b2 = Wherigo.VectorToPoint(Player.ObjectLocation, zone.OriginalPoint)
local d = d2(units)
--print("Distance from zone " .. zone.Name .. " = " .. d)
return d
end

If you want to know which zone the player is in, just listen for the zone's OnProximity or OnEnter events and run whatever code you want. Preferably the latter unless you have someone with a Garmin GPSr, then the former because Garmin likes to zero out before doing OnEnter.

How should it work correctly ? Do you miss a dialog or something else ? Is "Compare > Answer=true" correct ? Really "True" with an input as type boolean ? :rolleyes:

This is a little bit strange for me, I think nothing happens, whether the player enters a number or a word or something else, the "if" branch never applies.

Edited by jonny65

Hi,

The idea is having two players playing the cartridge at the same time.

So I give some instructions and display information.

The player has to acknowledge by yes or no.

Depending on the time there is a reaction.

I cannot get the message of the second if to trigger reliably. Basically it shows on the next message I display

Any help would be appreciated

Gotthard

So I ventured off in the lua users functions area and need to know how I can access variables that I created in Urwigo variables list? I read something about ZVariables but can't get that to work. With the picture below you will see Encounter as a variable set to 2 and some lua code right after it. I am trying to either pass Encounter over with the lua code and be able to get the Encounter variable within the lua code

Example.jpg

encounters = {}
encounters.a = "a"
encounters.b = "b"
function getEncounter(key)
local value = ""
if key == 1 then
value = "a"
elseif 2 then
	local value = "b"
end
return encounters[value]
end

Edited by "Nessmuk"

So I ventured off in the lua users functions area and need to know how I can access variables that I created in Urwigo variables list? I read something about ZVariables but can't get that to work. With the picture below you will see Encounter as a variable set to 2 and some lua code right after it. I am trying to either pass Encounter over with the lua code and be able to get the Encounter variable within the lua code

Example.jpg

encounters = {}
encounters.a = "a"
encounters.b = "b"
function getEncounter(key)
local value = ""
if key == 1 then
value = "a"
elseif 2 then
	local value = "b"
end
return encounters[value]
end

Ok, so after much trial and error I figured out that if you change the Identifier from Automatic to a custom one then I can gain access to to the variable. If there are other ways I would be curious as to how else this can be done.

Edited by "Nessmuk"

I completed a Wherigo with the tool and it worked fine. But I have found out that the people using it with iphones do not see the images. Do you have any idea what causes this and what can be done about it?

johan

I've found that the images must be in .jpg format to work on all the devices I've tested on. Also the size of the image seems to matter.

Regards, John

Sorry,

to post a newie question, but I am building with PNG files as images (right now)...

Do I have to change this (I have no iPhone to test...)

Best regards,

Gotthard (jGda)

P.S. Just found the answer as well in the post mentioned above -> PNG will work everywhere...

Edited by jgda

... Just found the answer as well in the post mentioned above -> PNG will work everywhere...

Hmmmm :unsure: ,

I fear Garmin will not digest PNG. If you refer to sTeamTraen's statement about his choice of compression I think that he was merely pointing out that PNG (lossless) is better than JPG (losses and artifacts). Use JPG instead of PNG B) .

Hey all

I am working on a cartridge that the player needs to complete all three tasks in any order before a special message comes up. How do you do that?

Sparky

•  
  • Create three tasks (task1, task2, task3) to keep track of your three tasks
  • Change the tasks to complete when the respective task is completed

Do a test for the completion of the tasks:

if (task1.Complete == true) 
and (task2.Complete == true) 
and (task3.Complete == true) then

Do you have a snapshot ? But I never have heard about this. So it is an error message from the player, not from urwigo !? Do you have linked the command of the item to an object ? If so, then change it to "Target > none". Normally the error message "Not available" appears, but maybe there is something other wrong. Strange ...

Do you have a snapshot ? But I never have heard about this. So it is an error message from the player, not from urwigo !? Do you have linked the command of the item to an object ? If so, then change it to "Target > none". Normally the error message "Not available" appears, but maybe there is something other wrong. Strange ...

Thank you for the help. I maybe found something. I will try it this weekend. I haven't tried myself with Android, so I don't have a snapshot, but I will try soon.

Dear All,

there is a nice little problem.

I am using code to find a zone, where actually the player is -> and only afterwards make it active.

It really works nice in the emulator but on the actual device there is no answer but a dump.

Maybe one of you Gurus has an idea:

Thanks in advance

Gotthard (jGda)

function Locator()
local d2,b2 = Wherigo.VectorToPoint(Player.ObjectLocation, ZA1.OriginalPoint)
local d = d2
local z  = ZA1
local Target = ZHQ
local T2 = ZHQ
local T3 = ZHQ
d2,b2 = Wherigo.VectorToPoint(Player.ObjectLocation, ZA2.OriginalPoint)
-- print("Distance from zone  = " .. d(units))
-- print("Distance2 from zone  = " .. d2(units))
if d2 < d then
 	d = d2
 	z = ZA2

The following occurs and points to: if d2 < d then

RuntimeException: __lt not defined for operand

I'm not sure what you want to do with this. But in my cartridge I have four zones that are not displayed to the player. One is active and if the player enters the event is triggered and things happen.

And then randomly another of these four zones are active but still invisible.

You could use onProximity too.

johan

Hi all,

The idea is to keep all zones invisible but to tell the player that he is'living' on a grid. I tell the player in which grid his next target zone is. The function shown above loops over the complete grid and make the one active and visible where the player is located.

This works perfectly in the emulator but unfortunately not in the device.

Best wishes for the New Year

Gotthard (jGda)

Dear All,

a Guru knew what the problem was - therefore this has been resolved:

you are using raw Distance values in comparison:
"if d2 < d then"

this works in new versions of the openwig core, but the version in WhereYouGo probably doesn't 
have this yet -- and unfortunately the development of WhereYouGo is stopped, so i can't say when this is fixed in there.

to work around the problem, you have to use the converted values, for
example:
"if d2(units) < d(units) then"

Many thanks to the guy - he knows when he is also reading this.

Many thanks

jGda

Hi all,

The idea is to keep all zones invisible but to tell the player that he is'living' on a grid. I tell the player in which grid his next target zone is. The function shown above loops over the complete grid and make the one active and visible where the player is located.

This works perfectly in the emulator but unfortunately not in the device.

Best wishes for the New Year

Gotthard (jGda)

Edited by jgda

Hi,

I am trying to create a short animation. 8 frames, each frame lasting 1 second.

The method I have used is to create a 1-second countdown timer. I tried displaying a message on each tick or changing the media on an item and displaying the item or the object details on each tick. I am testing on an iphone (IOS7). The result is not good.

Can anyone supply an example of a working animation created in urwigo? Thanks.