URWIGO builder

yourself

I struggled with some of the other builders, but managed to build a 16-zone Wherigo with URWIGO quite easily. It is a simple 2km tour of the attractions along our waterfront, with GZ co-ords given at the end. But if I stop along the walk and save (eg. at zone12), and then load/resume the cartridge from the same point where I was, the cartridge reloads without errors but I have to start from zone 1 again. Quite tedious. Anyone know how I can get a "Resume" cartridge to load from where I stopped? I'm presuming it's not the Android Wherigo app, but rather the way I've compiled my URWIGO that is not saving the restore point when I "quit and save" during the walk/tour. Any help would be appreciated.

All apostrophe and quote signs in my wigo are showing up as ?s. I would think that these are in all standards fonts. If I put the / escape character in front of it, it shows the quotation just fine but then the backslash is there too - it goes from --don?t-- to --don/'t-- . What's the trick to having just ' or " without them being converted to question marks?

All apostrophe and quote signs in my wigo are showing up as ?s. I would think that these are in all standards fonts. If I put the / escape character in front of it, it shows the quotation just fine but then the backslash is there too - it goes from --don?t-- to --don/'t-- . What's the trick to having just ' or " without them being converted to question marks?

Were you copying from MS Word or something that changed the apostrophes and quotes to something that looked similar?

For example, this is straight text: "Don't"

This is from MS Word: “Don’t”

This could be the cause. Just wondering.

Were you copying from MS Word or something that changed the apostrophes and quotes to something that looked similar?

For example, this is straight text: "Don't"

This is from MS Word: “Don’t”

This could be the cause. Just wondering.

That was it. I could swear I had deleted and reinput them while I was trying to track this down, but apparently not. Thanks for the help and the quick response.

I want to stop timers when I quit a cartridge and then restart them from the same point when I restart the cartridge. At the moment they continue to run in the background (when I test on my iphone). Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Create a variable called TimeLeft

Upon exit - Set TimeLeft = Timer.Remaining

Upon resume Set Timer.Duration = TimeLeft

Start Timer

Something like that should work

I've run into a new problem. I had to restore my computer with a backup I had done before I installed the Urwigo program. Now when I went to reinstall it, using the old link from the forum, I get a 404 page error when I select download and install. I tried going directly to the installation using the installer file for Urwigo I did have a backup of. It connects and downloads the program, which appears to be a newer version from the splash startup screen, but it fails during the install. I'm running XP Pro on this machine. The old version is working fine on my other XP machine. Apparently there has been an update on the program, but it fails to install, at least in XP. Is there any way of getting the earlier version, or has anyone else also encountered this? Thanks!

When testing the cartridge in the urwigo builder emulator I don't see the list of tasks. If I move the cartridge to my phone they show fine. Anyone have any idea how to make them visible in the emulator. I suppose they are there but not visible and I can't scroll down.

Where to switch to english or german on http://www.urwigo.cz/ ?

I found no place to do this. It seems, that the new website is nice, but only in czech, like on twitter.

Google Translate has not yet been implemented into the site. Try not to view the site in Chrome and have them translate. I do it every day with pages in English :-)

Chrome handles the Translation of the site just fine. Only thing I have found is that sample projects and not translated. Would be worth it to add some English and German sample projects as well?

:unsure: Try not to view the site in chrome ? :wacko:

Mmmhh, there are hundred of programmers using urwigo who don't understand czech. Very much more than people who speak czech. At least it would be helpful to implement google translate. The translation is often very funny :lol: but better than nothing.

If I'm correct, the old website was localized for many languages. A real pity, that the new website exists only in czech. Perhaps you could find a czech talking person, which could translate it into english. Or isn't it possible to get the page in other languages?

And the second question: Did you adopt the project? Or do you only maintain the website?

If I'm correct, the old website was localized for many languages. A real pity, that the new website exists only in czech. Perhaps you could find a czech talking person, which could translate it into english. Or isn't it possible to get the page in other languages?

And the second question: Did you adopt the project? Or do you only maintain the website?

Old sites were located, only there was a button for Google Translate.

To be added here.

An answer to my own question. When using Urwigo in the laptop and the built in screen the Tasks are not visible and you can't scroll down to them in the emulator. But when testing on the big screen on my desk the tasks are in view.

Please attach a screen shot, I do not know whether I understood exactly problem.

Hi,

I would like to introduce Urwigo - an alternative to official Wherigo Builder. It is not trying to be a competition for Earwigo, which I am sure is great, it was created solely from my frustration with Builder. I believe it will be useful for the Wherigo/Geocaching community.

Urwigo can import cartridges created in Whergo Builder, it has a different take on building the cartridge code, it has a few more functions and most importantly it should be more reliable and stable.

In addition to Wherigo builder Urwigo allows:

- create, edit, view all zones on google maps

- random numbers generation

- obfuscating and encrypting answers

- showing errors in your cartridge

- syntax highlighting in user LUA functions

- automatic shortening of unlock code

- run cartridge in emulator with only one button (F5)

- many more...

It can be downloaded and installed from Download & Install URWIGO - bottom of the page.

post-2816453-1266327495.jpgpost-2816453-1266327515.jpgpost-2816453-1266327524.jpgpost-2816453-1266329030.jpg

Tried to download the Urwigo from site, no luck, page not there. Any help would be great. I want to try my hand at a Wherigo type cache. They say this is the best program to use for the Wherigo. :D

So has any one else had problems with Where you go app for the droid? it is acting strange ever since they updated it. yesterday i played a cart and it started asking me questions before I entered the zones. once that happened I couldnt find the zone because it wouldnt let me go back. It has also messed up playanywhere carts; zones come up hundreds of feet from where they should be.

Ranger Fox where is the new app? How soon? How Long?

Ranger Fox where is the new app? How soon? How Long?

This is the thread for the new app. While the new app is worthwhile on its own, the biggest draw will be its connection to the Wherigo API. The app is waiting on the API, which is tied to the site, which in turn is caught up in Groundspeak because they're looking into a way to make all this official. I honestly don't know how long this will take. It would be a shorter amount of time if I had someone with a legal background to assist.

can someone point me in the direction of a cartridge that I can download and load into Urwigo so I can see how these things are built, I'm a complete noob at this and I'm trying to build my own cartridge but its slow going.

Edited by Hen & Jen

can someone point me in the direction of a cartridge that I can download and load into Urwigo so I can see how these things are built, I'm a complete noob at this and I'm trying to build my own cartridge but its slow going.

ok I've found that I can import LUA files, but now I have a problem with errors saying that media must have one resource, I understand the error but don't know how to delete the media file causing it. I dont need the file and it (they) seem to open when I'm importing media files so I end up with two, one name and one with the correct file and title.

Dont know if this thread is still active but if it is can some kind urwigo user give me s clue as to how to create these cartridges, at the moment I'm groping in the dark and think that I will become discouraged if I dont get help soon.

I don't know, if I understand you correct, but I try to answer this question.

To delete a media of this list of medias, open the list (double click on the left side on "Media"). Than you see the list of medias. Remember, that in Wherigo a media could hold one or more real files. So, a media is not the real file. Ok, knowing this, you could select the media, which don't have a file (resource). If it is selected, you could delete it by selecting in the line abouve the list the entry with the text "Delete" behind the red x. You could although use the delete key of your keyboard when the media is selected. With this, the media vanish from the list.

I hope, this is the answer you expected.

To delete a media of this list of medias, open the list (double click on the left side on "Media"). Than you see the list of medias. Remember, that in Wherigo a media could hold one or more real files. So, a media is not the real file. Ok, knowing this, you could select the media, which don't have a file (resource). If it is selected, you could delete it by selecting in the line abouve the list the entry with the text "Delete" behind the red x. You could although use the delete key of your keyboard when the media is selected. With this, the media vanish from the list.

Ah first thank you for replying, yes I understand the concept behind the media, I have a list of 'media' with several 'name' media with no resourses but when I highlight them and either press delete or go to edit delete, nothing happens ive tried right clicking etc but for the life of me cant get it to delete

Ah first thank you for replying, yes I understand the concept behind the media, I have a list of 'media' with several 'name' media with no resourses but when I highlight them and either press delete or go to edit delete, nothing happens ive tried right clicking etc but for the life of me cant get it to delete

Found it did'nt realize the to dble click media brings up a list of media and I can delete from that list, phew that was a few hours of sweating to get that sorted, now if you will be so kind as to tell me how I set a goto variable, on start I want to go to the next zone but dont know which expression to drag to the set box?

Like I said, I'm not a native speaker, so it is a little bit tricky for me.

I think, you want to show a new zone that isn't visible until than. If this is correct, you have to set the Active and Display values to true. If the zone is active = true, the events of the zone (OnEnter, OnExit) are fired. If the zone is displayed, the user could see it in the location list of his/her player. So you need two set command: one for activating the zone and one for displaying the zone.

Like I said, I'm not a native speaker, so it is a little bit tricky for me.

I think, you want to show a new zone that isn't visible until than. If this is correct, you have to set the Active and Display values to true. If the zone is active = true, the events of the zone (OnEnter, OnExit) are fired. If the zone is displayed, the user could see it in the location list of his/her player. So you need two set command: one for activating the zone and one for displaying the zone.

I understand, but I want to direct the player to the new zone (I have it set to active and display) but need now to use the set command to goto the next zone. I.e. drag expressions here, but which expressions to drag for goto? like this

Capture.PNG

Edited by Hen & Jen

If you set Active and Display, the user has to go to the next zone. You couldn't do this for him. When the user arrives at the zone, you get an OnEnter event. There you should do things, when the user arrives. But you wouldn't find a GOTO function.

Wherigo is an event driven game. Your program reacts on things, which happen outside your program (user press a button, user enters a zone, user selects a command). So you couldn't do a one function program. You have to create functions for all events, which you want to handle. If you want, that there something happens, when the user enters a zone, than do it in the OnEnter event of this zone. If you want an input from the user and react on this, than do it OnGetInput. If you want, that the user go to the next zone, you should present it to him/her and ask politely to go there :)

Yes but if you right click on my image (in the last post) then you will see what i mean heres an image of the set /dialog that i have so far, bony%20cap.PNG

Maybe to clarify what i want to do, i want to direct the player to the next zone, i.e. the player has answered the questions put to him so now he qualifies to go to the next zone but how do i tell him where to go.

Edited by Hen & Jen

Sorry, but I don't see any image.

In this case it would be the best to mention the new zone in a Message, which is displayed to the user. You could inform the user in the text, that there is a new zone and that he could find it in the Location section of the player. S/he could than navigate on the player to this list and follow the directions to the zone.

Sorry, but I don't see any image.

In this case it would be the best to mention the new zone in a Message, which is displayed to the user. You could inform the user in the text, that there is a new zone and that he could find it in the Location section of the player. S/he could than navigate on the player to this list and follow the directions to the zone.

Sorry to be a pain but the image is a small box that you have to right click and open in new tab.

Is there a way to not display the new zone until the player has spoken and receive info that there is a new zone.

The idea is that the player speaks to a sentry and he tells them they have to go to the new zone to get the password info, but until he tells them that i don't want them to know there is a new zone.

No, for me there definitiv no image. Only an empty line.

When you display the Message, you could place the commands to Activate and Display the zone in the "On clicked" event of this Message. Press the small triangle left of the text "On clicked" and put the commands beneth of the text. This commands are only executed, when the user press the Ok button of the Message.

No, for me there definitiv no image. Only an empty line.

When you display the Message, you could place the commands to Activate and Display the zone in the "On clicked" event of this Message. Press the small triangle left of the text "On clicked" and put the commands beneth of the text. This commands are only executed, when the user press the Ok button of the Message.

ok ive got that far,

on clicked

set sentry display=true

set sentry active=true

and under that in the example im working with is,

go to sentry.active=true and thats the bit im stuck on.

Edited by Hen & Jen

Now a image would really helpfull. Would it be possible to get the Urwigo file, so I could look what you do? Send it to info(at)wfplayer.com.

Hi Charlinni,

Ive sent you two cartridges 1 the Wherigo cart ive been using as a guide and 2 the cart ive been trying to build.

I am working on building my first Wherigo using Urwigo. Are there any known errors with the emulator not displaying "tasks" in the menu bar? I have added a task to my cartridge and it will not display when I run the emulator. I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, service pack 1.

Also are there any other tutorials or resources besides the youtube video for designing these? I don't know very much about putting together cartridges. In the past I have used the Wherigo kit builder but would now like to design something a little more complex.

Did you set the flagg, which decide about visibility? If I know it correct, it's "Display".

Okay, well it looks like it is a problem with my display settings and not Urwigo. I downloaded the cartridge to my smart phone and the task displayed fine. I think the problem may be with my operating system and or display settings. I am using windows 7 in 64bit mode. If there is any fix for this please let me know.

Btw, I also added the set display flag too but unfortunately it did not add it to the emulator view.

Thanks again.

Edited by Forest-Ghost