Oregon 450t

mlj777

Just got me my first GPS. It's a Garmin Oregon 450t last night. I considered the Oregon 550t but the camera was only fair at best so i decided against it. I had a few questions. It came with a quick start guide only in the box. Is this normal?

I know there are Manuals online but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a return. Product does look factory new.

Would someone who has one of these mind taking a few minutes bringing me up to speed and put e on the fastrack with this awesome GPS. I'm pretty gadget savvy so it shouldn't take long.

If someone in the southeastern MA/RI would like to go out caching one day it would be funnn!

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by mlj777

Just got me my first GPS. It's a Garmin Oregon 450t last night. I considered the Oregon 550t but the camera was only fair at best so i decided against it. I had a few questions. It came with a quick start guide only in the box. Is this normal?

I know there are Manuals online but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a return. Product does look factory new.

Would someone who has one of these mind taking a few minutes bringing me up to speed and put e on the fastrack with this awesome GPS. I'm pretty gadget savvy so it shouldn't take long.

If someone in the southeastern MA/RI would like to go out caching one day it would be funnn!

Thanks,

Michael

The quick start guide is all you get - so it's not likely missing anything. But you can check the Garmin site to see what's included "In the Box".

And the best place to learn about it is the Oregon Wiki.

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

Thanks,

Michael

The quick start guide is all you get - so it's not likely missing anything. But you can check the Garmin site to see what's included "In the Box".

Thanks,

Michael

My new 550 had a CD in the box that contained the manual that I could read on a computer or print out.

Texas Charles

Thanks,

Michael

You can download a manual from the Garmin site. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/manual.js...5&pID=63349

Not getting a printed manual with a modern Garmin gps is no big deal, the manual is generally nothing more than an expanded quickstart guide.

If you want to know anything even slightly technical or difficult, go straight to the wiki or google.

Gary

Edited by ceeG