Volunteers Needed

GEM's

The NCCE Conference is in Seattle this year.

The geocaching booth has been a huge success for 5 years now.

3,000 teachers will attend this year's conference @ the

Washington State Convention Center

2010cover_forweb.jpg

We needed experienced geocachers to teach the teachers how to geocache...It's a ton a fun!

We have 3 shifts:

Thursday, March 4

8:00 - 12:00

12:00 - 4:00

Friday, March 5

Would you like to help?

2010cover_forweb.jpg

We needed experienced geocachers to teach the teachers how to geocache...It's a ton a fun!

We have 3 shifts:

Thursday, March 4

Friday, March 5

Would you like to help?

Might be able to help out but not sure if I have enough experience.

Scubasonic

2010cover_forweb.jpg

We have 3 shifts:

Thursday, March 4

Friday, March 5

Would you like to help?

Might be able to help out but not sure if I have enough experience.

Scubasonic

Love to have you...would you like to work with the famous GeoDiver on Thursday?

I can't do it this year, but this is a great experience. If you can free up the time, I will guarantee that you will enjoy the time.

Ditto.

Work has me staying late just about every night of the week so taking any time off is not an option. I had a blast when I helped out a few years ago and I highly recommend the experience to anyone who can make the time to help out.

Edited by Team Misguided

Well now, that was a whole lotta FUN! I reported for my 8am to noon shift at the Convention Center and was directed to the "funny guy in the big hat" at a table close to the registration area; before long I found myself in a big funny/wizardy hat (!) holding a magic wand (the Conference theme was "Magic") and having a terrific time!!

One of the many reasons I love caching is that it affords me the opportunity to meet folks and share my er. . . enthusiasm for the hobby. The NCCE Conference was the perfect venue .. I met teachers who cache, I met cachers who teach and I met teachers who - as a result of their short intro to Geocaching at the Conference - WILL cache and will encourage the young minds they encounter to experience all of the fun, the learning experience(s) and the challenge Geocaching represents.

I can't let this opportunity pass without a mention of a huge bonus I took away from this volunteer experience. I was truly honored to spend time with people who have chosen to step up to the plate and teach our young people not only the "three R's - Reading, 'Riting and 'Rithmetic" but life/coping/social skills as well. The dedication to education I saw reflected at the Conference was truly amazing . . and watching GEMs interact with the young people who came to our table was truly humbling. A natural-born teacher/principal is a joy to behold and GEM's is one of those . . thank you, GEM's, for allowing me to be a part of this fun and educational experience! I'm looking forward to being invited next time!

Thanks to WeightMan for suggesting I volunteer this year .. I'm glad I took him up on the suggestion!! Additionally, thanks to another volunteer, Steve - who teaches in Sequim, for joining me in the "photo op" . . complete with hat 'n' magic wand!

Jo_SteveatNCCE-1.jpg

Edited by idajo2