How to get GeoCoin to show in Cache where placed

TheOgres

Hi all,

New to GeoCaching and have what I hope is a simple question, but first a story.

We found a GeoCoin in a cache but it had never been logged into that cache. When I logged it in I entered the Type of Log as "Discovered It" (maybe my first mistake).

Over the weekend we placed it in another cache and I want to somehow log it into that cache so others know it's there.

When I go to the GeoCoins home page and select "Type of Log" my only choices are:

Retrieve From (original cache's name)

Grab it from somewhere else

Write Note

Discovered it

How can I make this Trackable item appear in th cache where we placed it?

Thanks in advance.

Select "grab it from ____ " or "Grab it from somewhere else", that will place it in your inventory

When you log a find on the cache there will be a dropdown box just below the text box. If you have grabbed the geocoin it should be listed in the drop down box. Just select it before submitting your log.

Edited by briansnat

Since it's been long enough go ahead and Retrieve the coin from the current listing. You'll need the tracking number. Post a Note on the cache you found it in and Drop the coin. This gives the coin credit for having been there. Now Retrieve it again and post a Note on the cache where you left it and Drop it in.

If you don't have the tracking number you'll need to contact the owner.

It looks like that coin has been missing since 2008.

Edited by BlueDeuce

First you need to get the coin number so either go back to the cache you dropped it at and get it from there or ask the owner if they have it available.

Use ""grab it from somewhere else" to get the ability to drop it in the first cache you first found it in.

Then drop it into the cache you first found it in.

Then retrieve it from the cache you first found it in.

Then drop it into the final cache :o

Hi all,

New to GeoCaching and have what I hope is a simple question, but first a story.

We found a GeoCoin in a cache but it had never been logged into that cache. When I logged it in I entered the Type of Log as "Discovered It" (maybe my first mistake).

Over the weekend we placed it in another cache and I want to somehow log it into that cache so others know it's there.

When I go to the GeoCoins home page and select "Type of Log" my only choices are:

Retrieve From (original cache's name)

Grab it from somewhere else

Write Note

Discovered it

How can I make this Trackable item appear in th cache where we placed it?

Thanks in advance.

Use ""grab it from somewhere else" to get the ability to drop it in the first cache you first found it in.

Retrieving it is fine. The cache it is listed in is just an archived cache the coin owner is using to put their missing coins.

But grabbing things is fun :o

Ah ok didn't realize that was what they meant by "original cache". I thought it was the cache the coin owner had originally placed it in and it had only been in the hands of two people so far.

First thread moved to Geocoin Discussions Forum, which is the proper place to ask this. (The Travel Bug forum would have been OK, too.)

Second thread deleted as a duplicate with no replies.

Third thread closed because it has replies.

OP, please don't start any more threads on this subject. Thank you.