Earthcache pins

tubeex1995

What about someone completed the Gold Master level BEFORE the Gold pins were discontinued by two weeks, but was not replied to until 3 days after the deadline? The emails I received from whomever replied to me seemed to infer that when the pins got back in stock, that they would be sent out to those of us who had done so.

I've tried to email back 3 times, and gotten no response.

What about someone completed the Gold Master level BEFORE the Gold pins were discontinued by two weeks, but was not replied to until 3 days after the deadline? The emails I received from whomever replied to me seemed to infer that when the pins got back in stock, that they would be sent out to those of us who had done so.

Same here. I already received my platinum but I haven't received the gold which I applied for in time. My collection is thus short of one pin. Thanks anyway for the pins I received and a great program to get more of us interested in geology.

I didn't bust my tail for 3 weekends in a row to go out of my way to get enough earthcaches to earn my gold pin before the deadline to not get it.

This sounds like a somewhat abject lesson of why "Achievement" and "Award" systems don't have a place in Geocaching :laughing:

Best of luck getting that pin.

Why, when geoaware checked his records, realized I was right, and sent it to me?

:huh:

I normally don't buy into this sort of comment.....but its an example of many we get via email and on forums.

Firstly, people need to realize that being sent a physical pin in the past was a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. They should be grateful that we were able to pay for the pins and the postage and develop a system that, for the most part, worked well. The huge majority of people really appreciated what we were doing and how much time it took to reward people in this way.

Most of the 'issues' that people had was because of pins lost by the postal service or people not having complete or correct addresses (I was amazed at the people who wrote abusive emails to me....only for me to find that they had refused to provide a complete address for us to send the pin to them! How can we be in the 'wrong' for that?).

That a pin went missing in the mail was a shame, and we happily rectified the issue. There was no 'right' or 'wrong'..it was not a debate or a dispute. It was a simple issue that could be dealt with happily and friendly. Once it was resolved it would have been nice to see a 'hey, thanks...the issues was solved" in the forums.

Shame that opportunity has slipped past...

As I have said in the past, this is a wonderful game and people need to play it in the spirit that was intended.

Geoaware

Edited by geoaware

My apologies. I thought I had sent a private email back to you thanking you, but I sent it to my drafts instead of hitting send. I just got tired of the people who decided to tell me to just suck it up, buy a pin, or drop it entirely.

That being said, perhaps this thread can be locked since it's resolved?