Danish group travelling to LAX / PSP / LAS

Elmbaek

Hi.

I have been to the US a number of times, and after returning to Denmark i have talked (on the danish forum) about how nice it is to geocache in CA and NV. I'm especially fond of the Palm Springs area (And WD-caches :) )

Then i asked if anyone was interested in taking a trip together for 14 days. I was hoping to get 8-10 replys, but many more was interested. Now everything is about ready, and saturday march 27 we will arrive to LAX. All together 49 danish geocachers!!!

I have an idea that it could be great fun to meet with some locals geocachers in both Palm Springs and Vegas. Hopefully to get the inside knowledge of where to go for the best geocaching experiences. Some of us are into city-caching and others are more to hiking in the wilderness.

We have rented 15 SUV's, so we are NOT going to geocache as one big group. Thats not fun, and it might attract the attention of muggles.

Can anyone here help us setting up an event or two(or direct us to someone who can)? Preferably sunday afternoon in Palm Springs (march 28) and maybe thursday or friday afternoon in Las Vegas (april 1st or 2nd). Anything goes! It can be in a local park or in some pizza-place, or somewhere else. We dont care, we just wants to meet some locals :-)

If you have any recomendations for us here, please let us know.

Cache on!

Elmbaek

I just caught on to this thread.....

I am the event owner of "Spring Pizza Fling 2" http://coord.info/GC22WBD and noticed that Vels which is just 2 Danes will be attending. For planning purposes I would like to get a better idea of how many more plan to attend.

I see you are landing at LAX but no time was given so I'm assuming late morning/early afternoon. If the majority of the Danes CANNOT attend my event I am more than willing to make arrangements for an earlier event CLOSER to Downtown Los Angeles.

Spring Pizza Fling 2 is located in the city of Orange or about 15 minutes east of Disneyland for mapping purposes. Within 10-15 miles are hundreds of challenging caches including cache dense areas of Huntington Beach, Cypress, and Fullerton.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Regards,

Richard/RFO

Edited by n6uzs

I see you are landing at LAX but no time was given so I'm assuming late morning/early afternoon. If the majority of the Danes CANNOT attend my event I am more than willing to make arrangements for an earlier event CLOSER to Downtown Los Angeles.

The majority of the group is touching down at 8:10 pm... :anitongue:

Vels and a few others get there a day or more ahead of the main group...

Thank you for the quick reply. I did email Vels and got some additional info about your arrivals on Friday night. He confirmed that it would be a series of arrivals between 6pm and midnight.

I will see if Vels or any other earlier arrivals might be interested in participating in some kind of Flash Mob event in either the LA area or down by Disneyland perhaps. Not sure where they are staying.

Richard.