TB Rescue! Yay!

Gps Storm

Our TB racer has not done much racing for the most part of the Tb race.

Our rescue posting

2010/02/15 07:10 AM from owner 'Happy Hunters SA'

Our TB needs some help!!!It is in the 2009 TB race!!

Firstly it was in the hands of a cacher for over 2 months. And now it's stuck in GC1W76W since 13/12/2009.

Would really appreciate it if someone could help our bug to move!!

Edited by Happy Hunters SA

Our rescue posting

Firstly it was in the hands of a cacher for over 2 months. And now it's stuck in GC1W76W since 13/12/2009.

HHSA

You need to register your "rescue mission" on the TB Rescue website in order for it to be published for all to see. Good luck - my racer is also crying for help. It has been stranded on top of a mountain since September!! :):o

Our rescue posting

HHSA

You need to register your "rescue mission" on the TB Rescue website in order for it to be published for all to see. Good luck - my racer is also crying for help. It has been stranded on top of a mountain since September!! :):o

That is the posting on the website.

I just posted it on here so that if someone missed it on the rescue website that they might see it on here.

OK I did my first rescue this morning, hopefully I placed it into a cache that someone will visit and retrieve shortly. :rolleyes:

Good luck Bruce.

You see: The site works! After sitting for more than a month doing nothing, I posted a resue plea and within a week my TB is now in a new cache.

Thank you Waynes_world, you are a star.

OK I did my first rescue this morning, hopefully I placed it into a cache that someone will visit and retrieve shortly. :rolleyes:

Good luck Bruce.

You see: The site works! After sitting for more than a month doing nothing, I posted a resue plea and within a week my TB is now in a new cache.

I hope that I have similar luck with mine.

Even better, my TB as pickup today and is now on its way to Hermanus. Thanks Justin!

It is a pity that the rescue site does not let you write a final comment / thanks for the rescue. I looked but it seems that the posting is closed and locked. Or am I missing something here?

I have a geocoin (BruceTP's AFMG : TB2QN82) which was collected by a newby cacher in November 2009 from a cache in Tennessee, USA but he has not cached since. I tried e-mailing him through GC but I have had no response. hgl, who gave the the coin has also tried mailing but to date has had no joy either.

So I thought to myself, let my put in a TB-Rescue listing for it and maybe there is someone out there who may know who pbrickey65 is and be able to rescue the coin from him. But alas, TB-Rescue will only accept rescues of coins which are currently logged into caches. So I shall just have to wait for pbrickey65 to one day clean out his desk drawers and perchance he may come across my coin. Let us hope that he then does actually move it along. One can but live in hope and expectation. Wonders never cease.

I have a geocoin (BruceTP's AFMG : TB2QN82) which was collected by a newby cacher in November 2009 from a cache in Tennessee, USA but he has not cached since. I tried e-mailing him through GC but I have had no response. hgl, who gave the the coin has also tried mailing but to date has had no joy either.

So I thought to myself, let my put in a TB-Rescue listing for it and maybe there is someone out there who may know who pbrickey65 is and be able to rescue the coin from him. But alas, TB-Rescue will only accept rescues of coins which are currently logged into caches. So I shall just have to wait for pbrickey65 to one day clean out his desk drawers and perchance he may come across my coin. Let us hope that he then does actually move it along. One can but live in hope and expectation. Wonders never cease.

hmm, perhaps a note to their suggestion box is in order. I don't see why lost trackables in the hands of a cacher could not also be listed. As you say, perhaps a rescuer nearby would know this person. On the other hand, unless they can come to some agreement with GC about sharing "home coordinates" how would they know where the person is likely to be.