Will not accept my tracking number HELP

ennael

:lol:

Just received a coin from Germany im in Australia but it will not accept the tracking number or anything. Im sure its me but can anyone help, Would be very grateful

First off, double-check that it's a geocoin and not a Pathtag or some other type of item not trackable at geoaching.com. The way you can tell is actually trackable at geocaching.com is that the phrase "trackable at geoaching.com" or "track at geocaching.com" or some other similar phrase with "www.geocaching.com" or "geocaching.com" is on there.

If it is, then double-check your number. It's very easy to confuse 1s with Is, 0s with Os, 8s with Bs, Ss with 5s, and so forth. If you've got any of these numbers or letters in your tracking number, try swapping them with the corresponding letter or number and see if that works.

If all else fails, contact the original vendor for help (if you know who that is) or Groundspeak. They should be able to help you out. Don't post the tracking number, btw; it has to remain private.

I hope this helps!

I just looked at your profile, and see you are a newbie.

First the coin, if it is brand spanking new, will need to be activated.

For this you will need the code on the coin, PLUS the activation code - which is usually listed on a website (well, rather you have to go there and type in the coin # and your email). That other website should be on a card which arrived in the plastic sleeve with the coin.

Have a look at this page

Geocoin FAQs

for further help....

BEWARE - geocoins are addictive!

:lol:

Just received a coin from Germany im in Australia but it will not accept the tracking number or anything. Im sure its me but can anyone help, Would be very grateful

Is it a brand new coin that you purchased? Or was it one a friend sent to move to a cache in Oz? If it's brand new follow the advice of the Winged Lady. If it's not then it's the Canine Lady you should heed. If neither gets you further along try again and someone will jump in to assist.