How do I manually add caches to my Garmin ETrex Legend

redwingirl

I'm new at this and can't figure out how to add caches manually to my gps. I'm going on vacation to Texas on saturday and want to be able to log some caches in Austin!

Thanks,

errandgirl

Why does Garmin refuses to clarify this constantly asked question in their manuals? It seems like they just don't care. Also note that you can also edit the waypoint name to a text entry that is easier to associate with your newly entered coords.

Why does Garmin refuses to clarify this constantly asked question in their manuals? It seems like they just don't care. Also note that you can also edit the waypoint name to a text entry that is easier to associate with your newly entered coords.

It was the first item on the quick start card with my GPS.

Which Garmin unit would that be so I can look up that manual. 6 1/2 years ago I used my first unit (Map76S) several months and read through the manual half a dozen times before I figured out on my own what I needed to do. And this question has been popping up regularly that entire time. And of course I realize some user have never opened the manual, but after my own experience I have always blamed Garmin.

Which Garmin unit would that be so I can look up that manual. 6 1/2 years ago I used my first unit (Map76S) several months and read through the manual half a dozen times before I figured out on my own what I needed to do. And this question has been popping up regularly that entire time. And of course I realize some user have never opened the manual, but after my own experience I have always blamed Garmin.

They have gone from item#7 with the original eTrex:

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/eTrex_QuickStartGuide.pdf

to item#1 with the new units:

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/eTrexLegend...fernceGuide.pdf