TomTom One ver3

My question is, she wants to use her TomTom for paperless caching. Is there any way that you can add the cache details on the TomTom one?

Hope someone can help!!

I guess I can't help, but I also have a TT One and use GPSBabel (which is the underlying transfer tech with GSAK) and all you can do is transfer the caches as POIs; all the TomTom is going to tell you is that it's there, not anything about it. I've tried a number of different things and there even seems to be a limit to the POI name; longer cache names get truncated when displayed on the device.

Maybe there's more features in other TomTom models, but the "One" I have does not offer *any* details other than to indicate that the POI is there.

Hi guys

I am helping a friend setup her tomtom. I have managed to send the gpx file from GSAK with the export to TOMTOM. It shows all the waypoints fine.

Everything works 100%

My question is, she wants to use her TomTom for paperless caching. Is there any way that you can add the cache details on the TomTom one?

Hope someone can help!!

I do not think that the TT1 has the mini-browser that is included in some of the other higher end TomTom units. You are looking for a menu entry for "Music and Media" or something on that order.

If I'm mistaken, and you see that menu entry, create a folder called "text" in the root of the TomTom, and use GSAK to export HTML (it will put the results in a subfolder called "Cache" in the GSAK folder). When you run the export, set it up to use the GC waypoint code as the index so you will have an easier way to search for a specific cache. Copy all of the files from the GSAK "Cache" folder to the TomTom "text" folder, and they can be read using the mini-browser.

Until I picked up a Dakota 20, I used this exact approach to get description and log info on my TomTom.

Maybe there's more features in other TomTom models, but the "One" I have does not offer *any* details other than to indicate that the POI is there.

FWIW, I've had good success with the following GSAK settings when doing the OV2 export for my TomTom 720:

POI Description: %drop2 %con1 %dif %ter %last4 %name

Max Characters: 100

When I run the HTML export (something mine does support)

Indices to generate: I just check "Code" (that's for the GC code)

Waypoint code: %drop2

The "%drop2" just gets rid of the unnecessary "GC" on the front of all of the waypoint codes - saves having to type those in every time a search is being done or an itinerary is being built, or navigating to a cache.

Edited by ecanderson

FWIW, I've had good success with the following GSAK settings when doing the OV2 export for my TomTom 720:

POI Description: %drop2 %con1 %dif %ter %last4 %name

Max Characters: 100

When I run the HTML export (something mine does support)

Indices to generate: I just check "Code" (that's for the GC code)

Waypoint code: %drop2

The "%drop2" just gets rid of the unnecessary "GC" on the front of all of the waypoint codes - saves having to type those in every time a search is being done or an itinerary is being built, or navigating to a cache.

Ok, the TomTom one can really just have the POI views as there are no other browser capabilities? Is there not any way a browser can be added to the TT? There is a text file on the TT, but there is no way to access the text files?