What coin would you prefer_ Now Choose A. B. or C.

I_hide_you_Seek

<font size="3"><font color="blue">ok all my myster coin is almost ready for production:</font></font>

<p>

<font size="3"><font color="black">i have the quotes but which design??</font></font>

<P>

<font size="4"><font color="red">VOTE Now: A or B</font></font>

<P>

<P>

<font size="4"><font color="Black"> A</font></font>

c5c11b18-b592-4f8f-a743-ed83b5cb10f8.jpg

<P>

<font size="4"><font color="Black"> B</font></font>

9b422aa6-75e0-4210-95fe-73cef4530039.jpg

<p>

<font size="3"><font color="blue"> There will be 3 finishes<p>

Copper posted to you from you

Silver, Found in caches

Gold, recieved in person if your lucky or found in your pocket after an event with no idea how it got there

Given your avatar your second choice best matches who you are. Everyone goes gaga over mystery coins because of how limited their distribution is so the design is strictly your choice. It will be appreciated no matter which you choose.... at least that's my 5¢ worth. :unsure:

I like them both, but I believe that the second one is closer to you, and it is actualyl your avantar! :unsure:

the first design reminds me the eastern talismans of the hand of God and the evil eye! the hand of God is to protect and the evil eye (almost always this eye is blue!!!), is to keep any curses away! Eastern, arab, hebrew baybe India cultures have it, but I think iti s also in Native Americans..... I am not sure about the last!

The second one, as I said, I believe is closer to you, it is your avantar so it is your signature, and...it gives more mystery than the first design!!

It actually reminds me a creature in the Spanish movie "Pan's labyrinth" (original title: El Laberinto del Fauno)

Is that a new mystery coin??? WOW!!! I would love to find one in the near future....

...but if you hide it , we seek it and we will never find it?? :unsure: Ok... we will never find you, but the coin will show that you were there! :anibad:

Oh... something else... the man that hides his eyes..... is you?

I hope I will not be missunderstood or something.... but he really reminds me Alfred Hitchcock!!!! B)

I like the hand shaped, but would go with a different font. This one is difficult to read.

Also there is a typo in the third line:

but you will never know I'm there

Come to think, aren't there two typos? You'll never know or you will never know

Well, I'm no native speaker, so it might be I got this wrong.

Still I like the shaped coin, but I also like the round with your avatar. Hard choice.... :unsure:

My personal opinion is that I love the 2nd one. The text on the back is bold and striking, and the image on the front more closely reflects the owner, creator, and giver. It would be a good thing to more closely reflect you, as you are the one with the amazing generosity to anonymously give these to people.

Both are nice designs, but personally, I think I prefer the round one.

And even if I am not a lucky recipient, THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY, and may God truly bless you and yours!

edited for spelling...

Edited by SgtMikal

"Copper posted to you from you

Silver, Found in caches

Gold, recieved in person if your lucky or found in your pocket after an event with no idea how it got there"

So... for me, most of the chances are for the copper and if I get one....

silver... only if (and I hope you will, one day) come to rhodes, in Greece and drop them in caches here

Gold.... Nope! :unsure: Not many events here, not many active greek cachers... I have never been to an event... so... :unsure:

anyway... what ever happens, If or not be one of the lucky ones who will have one of your beautiful coins in their hands, what you do is really great and so generous!!!! So... I agree with Mikal! You really deserve a big THANK YOU, like all the mystery givers here!!! You are all amazing!!! :anibad:

The thread has been running for a few days now but it is already clear which coin is prefered

The results

A 2

B 13

C 3

Now for a Spanner in the works

I have recently recieved a Quote back from a company i had forgotten about, The quote is considerably more than the others but i want your input as to wait/save a little more and get this 3rd option

The coin finishes and the way they are issued will remain the same but here is image i supplyed them for the quote:

48550bf9-944c-421c-8622-1a3c453ca5c9.jpg

The process they use is the same as sports medal's - the Image will be a full colour image printed onto a metal disk and then secured to the recess of the blank coin with a very strong bond. This is then covered with an epoxy dome

Doesn't this take all the mystery out of a mystery coin? I thought mystery coins were just supposed to start showing up in odd places. They just appear, as if out of no where, thus the mystery. There's no mystery anymore if everyone gets to help decide each step of the way and are expecting these to come out. If you are making these just to distribute in caches and as a mystery coin, you should be the one to decide how it looks. If you are producing these with plans to sell them in the future, I need to know if they are trackable on Geocaching.com.

i kind of dis-agree with eartha.

the mystery is to who sent them, who gets them , when someone gets them - not on how the coin looks

I think that they will be more wanted sought after if you have had some input and as the sender i would be more happy knowing that the coins will be what every one wanted.

as for the new colour coin, im not for it.

if it is just a printed disk with epoxy ontop to stop it falling out is it a medal or a coin

A coin is engraved or stampped with the detail not glued on after, i can make some at home with clear resin and a few blank tokens like they use at the fair or at some local laundry places.

Edited by daveindeal

The coin and the design is amazing! I like the mystery it is behind!

I didn't quite understand... the design will be something like laminated, and then it will be stuck on a metal disk or the coin? Will that be safe? I mean... will that be stable and will not come off?

My mystery friend.... since you are making it and you are spending your money just to make others happy, it is really up to you what you will make! After all... I do not think there is anyone that will say "I do not like this mystery coin"! :)

If you are makinga coin to sell it, maybe you should consider what other cachers have to do! I wish I could help but I can not! Since I can not really get what you mean...

Some may like the coin to be engraved, some not! It is a matter of taste! :laughing: Hmm... the coin for Geowoodstock VI with the moving image.. is like the one you are talking about? If yes, it is a lovely design and coin!!!!!

And.... can you imagine a moving image in your coin? While you move the coin, the eyes will open or close?? ;)

About what Earth said, I believe that partly is correct, partly not!

what I mean! Eartha is correct that some of the magic is off if we know the design, to choose what we like etc, but on the other hand... when the first cacher who finds the coin creates a thread and shows photos of the coin etc... surelly it doesn't "cut" mystery and desire but.. actually increases it!!! ;) So we all want one! :o Am I correct? :D

I hope one day to see one of your coins my friend and thank you for being so kind and generous and for bringing smiles in our face and coins in our mail! :D thank you for making this mystery coin, no matter if I will be or not one of the future lucky receivers!! :blink:

Please take my last words as real and not as a try to earn a coin! :D

I kind of like the 2nd better...the first just reminds a little too much of the hand of fatima coin.

ILYK

Yeah that's it.... what bugs me about that one. Evil Eye and Hand of Fatima mixed together.

That's exactly how I feel about the first choice~

And.... can you imagine a moving image in your coin? While you move the coin, the eyes will open or close?? :laughing:

I tend to like simple coins without a lot of detail so I was going to vote for B. However, then I read what Gatoulis wrote about the eye moving and I think that works perfectly!! I see that side of the coin as being eerie and mysterious and the moving eyes that would follow you everywhere fits that perfectly!! :o:)

Edited by LadyBee4T

Personally, I like 2D or 3D coins the best so far. I'm not so fond of the coins with pictures/photos in them as I think they look a litte 'cheezy'.

I would hope your design could be done in 2D or 3D and look super cool as I think your design is quite unique (face w/hands in front).

However this is just my opinion and we are all entitled to one.

(No bashing required)

Good luck with your coin, I hope you do post a picture of each of them here when you get them produced as I know we would all love to see how they turn out.

Edited by cache_in_hand

I think that they will be more wanted sought after if you have had some input and as the sender i would be more happy knowing that the coins will be what every one wanted.

So appeasment then? I am not sure I understand a mystery coin to be something everyone made... that's a collaborative coin in my mind, not a mystery ~ but hey, if people like it they will buy it.

Thank you all for participating and giving me input into my coin

Some of you feel that i have taken the mystery out of the coin as you know what you are expecting, I have never done anything like this before and felt that I needed some input to the design before i committed and then found that people were disappointed or commented that it would have been better if.......

As soon as someone gets a mystery coin they open a thread and plaster pictures of it, so is that not taking the mystery out of it, as we all then know what the coin looks like!!

I thought that the mystery was not the coin itself but the unknown of where it will come from or who will get it, when will some one get another??

maybe some of you will see my coin in the future!!

Thank you for the input and goodbye & good Luck

I will arrange for this thread to be locked off shortly

Thank you all for participating and giving me input into my coin

Some of you feel that i have taken the mystery out of the coin as you know what you are expecting, I have never done anything like this before and felt that I needed some input to the design before i committed and then found that people were disappointed or commented that it would have been better if.......

As soon as someone gets a mystery coin they open a thread and plaster pictures of it, so is that not taking the mystery out of it, as we all then know what the coin looks like!!

I thought that the mystery was not the coin itself but the unknown of where it will come from or who will get it, when will some one get another??

maybe some of you will see my coin in the future!!

Thank you for the input and goodbye & good Luck

I will arrange for this thread to be locked off shortly

I completely agree with you about from where the mystery comes! The generosity and benevolence of some coiners astounds me, and while others comment about being disappointed, I don't think that they fully intended to come across like they take that generosity for granted.

In any event...I like option B, but I also loved the new option as well. It is even more personal, and I love that. I would be excited and honored to receive one of these special coins!