Pet Mission#2

jasondulac

Email sent: Feb 17th 2010

Participating pet: Serena

Type of pet: Small dog

Received name:Yes 3/3/10

Mission sent:

Mission arrived:

We collect Astronomy related and Native American related coins and we love Fireflies! Feel free to check my human's profile for what coins we have in our collection

Edited by CCWashburn

1. sent email 2/18/2010

2. Participating pet Sprite

3. Type of pet Pembroke Welsh Corgi

4. Received Name 3/3/10

5. Mission Complete

6. Mission Arrived! 3/3/10

IMG_0127.JPG

Thank you Joanne. My dogs have been playing with their new stuffed bone all day today :( One of my dogs literally just brought it in the room as I was typing this :)

Mezzo and I are in... we LOVE Pet/Dog missions!

18845_100231836675454_100000659133364_3598_3985928_n.jpg

Mezzo is a very nice looking dog :blink: Where was that picture taken? Looks like a very nice place to bring a dog :(

Thanks! This photo was taken on Barra de Tujuca Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - a few minutes from our home there. We have just moved back to the US after being away for 10 years! We're glad to be back. These days, we run around the streams and woodlands of north-central Arkansas.

As a way of an update, I just got my mission, so we're back in the game.

E-MAIL SENT: 14-FEB-2010

PET NAME: Mezzo

TYPE: Labratdor Retreiver (DOG)

MISSION RECEIVED: 3-MAR-2010

MAILED: PENDING

RECEIVED: NO

I finally received an email sent through my profile. o.O (And the PM.) Thank you, Jason!

1. sent email ~ 2-21-10

2. Participating pet ~ Timmain. She's a little over a year old. February 26th will be a year since I bought her, and she was about three months old then.

3. Type of pet ~ Hamster.

4. Received Name ~ 3-4-10

5. Mission Complete

6. Mission Arrived!

Bought a few things today. Now to figure out the coins... :blink: I have a few ideas. :(

Edited by Howlingmoon

Mission 1

SANY0132-1.jpg

1. sent email 2-10-10

2. Participating pet Heineken (myheine)

3. Type of pet dog

4. Received Name 2-23-2010

5. Mission Complete 3-8-10

6. Mission Arrived!

SANY0140-1.jpg

Mission 2

1. sent email 2-10-10

2. Participating pet Maxx (2themaxx)

3. Type of pet dog

5. Mission Complete 3-1-10

6. Mission Arrived!

ILYK

edited to add whomever gets stuck with my dogs, I know they're a pain to find coins for, but anything we have or don't have is fine...they just enjoy getting surprises...Maxx is the chewer from Hades and toys need to be something sturdy like steel belted tires!

Sent email- 2/11

Participating Pet- Dude

Type of pet- he thinks of himself as a short hairy person, we call him a dog. (Shih Tzu)

Received Name- Dude has received his name and plans to do his shopping this weekend, he loves going to the pet store!

Mission Complete- Dude went shopping for his mission yesterday, he had a great time and sure hopes they like what he picked out! Package will be in the mail tomorrow- 3/1

He had a hard time deciding what to get...

fc5436cd-a5c7-4c88-b293-80e54ae8b314.jpg

Mission Arrived- 3/10...unfortunately due to a recent trip we were on Dude is not back from his Uncle Timm and Aunt Cheryl's. I did send him an email today to tell him about the great package he got from Drneal. Healthy treats , munchy stix, a dental chew, rope toys (he loves those!) and his absolute favorite treat of all- chicken & banana wraps. How did you know he loves those things!??!

Great coins for us- I have never seen a cache cootie, to cute! :P I might let him wear the fire hydrant dog tagz. I'm not sure of the name of the other one, it says "A mile walked with a friend contains only a few steps" The other yooper is the dog walker in the family, he sure is missing his little buddy! It's a bugger when the kids live to far away to be able to run out and get the dog right away, afraid he is at the Uncle's for another week. :laughing:

Thanks much Drneal, Dude will be thrilled with his package when he gets home!

Sent email- 2/11

Participating Pet- Dude

Type of pet- he thinks of himself as a short hairy person, we call him a dog. (Shih Tzu)

Received Name- Dude has received his name and plans to do his shopping this weekend, he loves going to the pet store!

Mission Complete- Dude went shopping for his mission yesterday, he had a great time and sure hopes they like what he picked out! Package will be in the mail tomorrow- 3/1

He had a hard time deciding what to get...

fc5436cd-a5c7-4c88-b293-80e54ae8b314.jpg

Mission Arrived- 3/10...unfortunately due to a recent trip we were on Dude is not back from his Uncle Timm and Aunt Cheryl's. I did send him an email today to tell him about the great package he got from Drneal. Healthy treats , munchy stix, a dental chew, rope toys (he loves those!) and his absolute favorite treat of all- chicken & banana wraps. How did you know he loves those things!??!

Great coins for us- I have never seen a cache cootie, to cute! ;) I might let him wear the fire hydrant dog tagz. I'm not sure of the name of the other one, it says "A mile walked with a friend contains only a few steps" The other yooper is the dog walker in the family, he sure is missing his little buddy! It's a bugger when the kids live to far away to be able to run out and get the dog right away, afraid he is at the Uncle's for another week. :)

Thanks much Drneal, Dude will be thrilled with his package when he gets home!

Hope Dude enjoys everything! The coin is a "Best Freinds" geocoin...I thought a very fitting coin for this mission!

ILYK

Mission 1

SANY0132-1.jpg

1. sent email 2-10-10

3. Type of pet dog

6. Mission Arrived!

SANY0140-1.jpg

Mission 2

1. sent email 2-10-10

3. Type of pet dog

6. Mission Arrived! 3-11-10

SANY0154-1.jpg

Cookies, more cookies...toys, more toys...a cardboard box to eat...well just some of it..I left it on the floor long enough to take pictures, and Maxx (formerly known as 2themaxx...destined to be renamed Maxxthedestroyer :) ,) did what he does best, until i ruined his fun ;) . I'm anxious to see if the tuff balls (tennis balls,) will survive...Maxx usually can destroy a tennis ball in 10-15 minutes, but these look to be more of a challenge!

IMG_NEW-2-16.jpg

I got to the coins before Maxx and was amazed to see such great coins.....my thanks to Shadow's Friend for a great mission!

ILYK

edited to add whomever gets stuck with my dogs, I know they're a pain to find coins for, but anything we have or don't have is fine...they just enjoy getting surprises...Maxx is the chewer from Hades and toys need to be something sturdy like steel belted tires!

Mission 1

SANY0132-1.jpg

1. sent email 2-10-10

3. Type of pet dog

6. Mission Arrived!

SANY0140-1.jpg

Mission 2

1. sent email 2-10-10

3. Type of pet dog

SANY0154-1.jpg

Cookies, more cookies...toys, more toys...a cardboard box to eat...well just some of it..I left it on the floor long enough to take pictures, and Maxx (formerly known as 2themaxx...destined to be renamed Maxxthedestroyer :) ,) did what he does best, until i ruined his fun ;) . I'm anxious to see if the tuff balls (tennis balls,) will survive...Maxx usually can destroy a tennis ball in 10-15 minutes, but these look to be more of a challenge!

IMG_NEW-2-16.jpg

I got to the coins before Maxx and was amazed to see such great coins.....my thanks to Shadow's Friend for a great mission!

ILYK

Wow - it got there fast.

Maxx is sooooo cute I can't image him destroying anything. But I did try to get him some toys that were durable. ;)

Mishka got her mission today!!! Thank you so much Heine and Maxx (and Dr. Neal), you sent a great care package for the Santa Cruz Animal Shelter!!

mishkapoundpuppies2.jpg

Mishka made sure that everything in the box was in order:

mishkabox.jpg

There are a whole BUNCH of rope toys for the dogs at the shelter!! This is awesome because we get a disproportionate number of pit bulls into the shelter, and they tend to really enjoy the rope toys. ;)

ropetoys.jpg

Also, the coins are awesome!! I've never seen one of the cache cooties before, they are adorable. ;) Additionally, just last night I was trying to find one of those fire hydrant coins for Mishka!! She's finally behaved enough on a leash that I can start taking her geocaching, so I really wanted to get one of these coins. Thank you so much! Also, I adore the micro musketeer coins and this one is just gorgeous. Thank you so much!

Finally, thank you SO much for your donation to the Elk County Humane Society!! That goes above and beyond the call of this mission and it means a ton to me. :)

mishkacoins.jpg

Mishka says thank you! I'll bring the box of toys to the shelter tomorrow or on Saturday. :)

mishkamoose.jpg

Mishka got her mission today!!! Thank you so much Heine and Maxx (and Dr. Neal), you sent a great care package for the Santa Cruz Animal Shelter!!

mishkapoundpuppies2.jpg

Mishka made sure that everything in the box was in order:

mishkabox.jpg

There are a whole BUNCH of rope toys for the dogs at the shelter!! This is awesome because we get a disproportionate number of pit bulls into the shelter, and they tend to really enjoy the rope toys. :D

ropetoys.jpg

Also, the coins are awesome!! I've never seen one of the cache cooties before, they are adorable. :) Additionally, just last night I was trying to find one of those fire hydrant coins for Mishka!! She's finally behaved enough on a leash that I can start taking her geocaching, so I really wanted to get one of these coins. Thank you so much! Also, I adore the micro musketeer coins and this one is just gorgeous. Thank you so much!

Finally, thank you SO much for your donation to the Elk County Humane Society!! That goes above and beyond the call of this mission and it means a ton to me. :D

mishkacoins.jpg

Mishka says thank you! I'll bring the box of toys to the shelter tomorrow or on Saturday. :ph34r:

mishkamoose.jpg

How ADORABLE!!! Who could ever refuse those beautiful eyes? I love the pictures in Mishka's TB gallery. Thanks for rescuing her/him and thanks for sharing with us.

Mezzo and I are in... we LOVE Pet/Dog missions!

Mezzo is a very nice looking dog :rolleyes: Where was that picture taken? Looks like a very nice place to bring a dog ;)

Thanks! This photo was taken on Barra de Tujuca Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - a few minutes from our home there. We have just moved back to the US after being away for 10 years! We're glad to be back. These days, we run around the streams and woodlands of north-central Arkansas.

As a way of an update, I just got my mission, so we're back in the game.

MAILED: 14-MAR-2010

RECEIVED: NO

I finally received an email sent through my profile. o.O (And the PM.) Thank you, Jason!

1. sent email ~ 2-21-10

2. Participating pet ~ Timmain. She's a little over a year old. February 26th will be a year since I bought her, and she was about three months old then.

5. Mission Complete ~ 3-16-10 Should be there by the end of the week. :blink:

6. Mission Arrived!

Bought a few things today. Got the coins... :) I had a few ideas. :D

I'm going out of town on Thursday for two weeks but, I'll have my husband email me daily with mail call. If anything pops up that might be the mission, I'll post here that I MIGHT have received it. I won't know for sure 'til around the 1st.

P.S. I went by the shelter today, and when I opened the "rope toys" bin, it was stuffed full of the toys drneal sent. B)

I volunteer at the same shelter, working with the dogs. I can say with certainty that the dogs are already appreciating some of these toys! I gave a rope ball and small rope tug toy to a group of 2 month old pug puppies, and another slightly larger rope tug toy to a super-excited pit bull. :D Thank you, drneal! :lol:

P.S. I went by the shelter today, and when I opened the "rope toys" bin, it was stuffed full of the toys drneal sent. B)

I volunteer at the same shelter, working with the dogs. I can say with certainty that the dogs are already appreciating some of these toys! I gave a rope ball and small rope tug toy to a group of 2 month old pug puppies, and another slightly larger rope tug toy to a super-excited pit bull. :D Thank you, drneal! :lol:

truly my pleasure!

ILYK

Type of pet: Dog

Received name:3/3/10

Mission sent: Still awaiting a coin from Canada, otherwise ready to mail

Mission arrived:3/18/10

Sorry no pics, the camera is broke ;)

Thank you HowlingMoon!

I love the doggy cookies and the frog, mommy tries to get me to play with the other toys, I might in time. I am not real big on rolled rawhides so if you don't mind I would like to share them with my friends at the shelter.Mommy loves the Midwinter Astrology coin and the Tribal sun coins!! She is planning on making a TB named for me out of the keychain. She was almost on the floor laughing at the Arkansas mosquito trap.

Sorry no pics, the camera is broke :anibad:

Thank you HowlingMoon!

I love the doggy cookies and the frog, mommy tries to get me to play with the other toys, I might in time. I am not real big on rolled rawhides so if you don't mind I would like to share them with my friends at the shelter.Mommy loves the Midwinter Astrology coin and the Tribal sun coins!! She is planning on making a TB named for me out of the keychain. She was almost on the floor laughing at the Arkansas mosquito trap.

I am SO glad you both liked what I sent! ;) I was worried. hehe I haven't had a dog since I was a baby. I am happy with the shelter dogs getting the raw hides. :blink: I wish I could donate/volunteer for the local shelters more.

Edited by Howlingmoon

Sorry no pics, the camera is broke :lol:

Thank you HowlingMoon!

I am SO glad you both liked what I sent! :) I was worried. hehe I haven't had a dog since I was a baby. I am happy with the shelter dogs getting the raw hides. :lol: I wish I could donate/volunteer for the local shelters more.

I was wrong about the second coin, it is not called Tribal Sun...HowlingMoon Help...what is it called so I can activate it? :lol:

Sorry no pics, the camera is broke :lol:

Thank you HowlingMoon!

I am SO glad you both liked what I sent! :) I was worried. hehe I haven't had a dog since I was a baby. I am happy with the shelter dogs getting the raw hides. :( I wish I could donate/volunteer for the local shelters more.

I was wrong about the second coin, it is not called Tribal Sun...HowlingMoon Help...what is it called so I can activate it? :lol:

lol I didn't even notice what you were calling it. :lol: The listing called it "Native American Sun Geocoin Those Who Walked Before Us".

Edit: And I just found where to activate it on CoinCodes! :D

Edited by Howlingmoon

Obi's mission came yesterday!! :lol: I don't know who it is from because they didn't add their name. So thank you mystery person!!

I haven't had a chance to take pictures because I am sick (boo) but it is an awesome amount of treats for bunnies! I will take it to the shelter on Wednesday. The bunnies don't get donations nearly as much as the pups and kitties so they will be very happy!

Thank you so much!!! :lol:

The coin and tag I've never seen before, so I will definitely need to take pictures of it so you all can help me identify them. :)

Thanks again!

As promised, pictures of Obi's mission! No pictures of Obi with his mission, as he is sick and at the vet. :lol: He has an infection but he's young so here's hoping he will get through it fine!

Thank you again to my mystery gift giver!

obishelterrabbits2.jpg

Rabbits are a lot harder to shop for, so thank you very much for all the great treats! The shelter bunnies will definitely appreciate them. :P Additionally, the coins are quite cool. I love dragons, and the Geocaching Triad coin is not one I'd seen before, but I enjoy a coin about geocaching history, so it's going into my keeper box. :P Thank you so much!

petmission2obisnacks.jpg

petmission2obicoins.jpg

Thank you again!

Well...since you asked!!

The mission was fantastic, thank you so much!! Toys, treats and blankets!! I'm going to the shelter tomorrow and I will bring everything by then, thank you so much. :D And the coins are SO PRETTY! I have one of the set already (the red one) so they were a great addition! I love the purple one the best. :unsure:

Thank you Princess!

kitashelterkitties2.jpg

Mom...can I at least keep the box??

petmission2kitabox.jpg

Gecko coins!!

petmission2kitacoins.jpg

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful gifts and coins!! Hopefully my missions will arrive soon and I can return the favor. B)

1. sent email ~ 2-21-10

5. Mission Complete ~ 3-16-10 Should be there by the end of the week. :laughing:

6. Mission Arrived! - I *think* it arrived today. I won't know for sure 'til I get home and relax from tis trip, in a little over a week.

Bought a few things today. Got the coins... :smile: I had a few ideas. :)

I'm going out of town on Thursday for two weeks but, I'll have my husband email me daily with mail call. If anything pops up that might be the mission, I'll post here that I MIGHT have received it. I won't know for sure 'til around the 1st.

RECEIVED: 29-MAR-2010

Mezzo and I were just AMAZED at his package... we loved it! A LOT of thought and time went into it, so THANK YOU. (Made me want to re-do the one we sent). This was our fist time, so we really didn't know what to expect. Thanks for putting this together (both the package and the mission)!

- Savoy / Mezzo

RECEIVED: 29-MAR-2010

Mezzo and I were just AMAZED at his package... we loved it! A LOT of thought and time went into it, so THANK YOU. (Made me want to re-do the one we sent). This was our fist time, so we really didn't know what to expect. Thanks for putting this together (both the package and the mission)!

- Savoy / Mezzo

YAY! I'm so glad it arrived safely! :blink: Don't worry about the package you sent, I'm sure it was fine!!

What a great mission. We lost our shih-tzu, "Sam", to cancer back in November but just added a spunky little dachshund/miniature wire-haired terrier puppy (hence the spunk) to our family last week. We live in the Buffalo area so we probably won't get out caching with her for a few more weeks, but it is obvious from her frequent housebreaking potty trips outside that she absolutely LOVES snow.

1. sent email - 2/15/10

2. Participating pet - Winnie (born 12/12/09)

3. Type of pet - crazy

4. Received Name - March 03, 2010

5. Mission Complete - March 31, 2010 (heading to the post office now! Been prepping the house for a baby and this had slipped our minds until our package came yesterday)

6. Mission Arrived! - March 30, 2010...I will get some pictures up hopefully this weekend. We are heading out of town tomorrow and are a bit pressed for time, but THANK YOU SO MUCH...WINNIE LOVES EVERYTHING!!!

19962_1323240035460_1064618097_2783.jpg

Edited by bnprood

Mission 1

SANY0132-1.jpg

1. sent email 2-10-10

3. Type of pet dog

6. Mission Arrived! 4-3-10

Heineken received his mission today and wanted to express his thanks to Cheddar and Nutmeg! Toys, doggie cookies, drneal cookies, and 2 wonderful coins to share with me...a Cache is King and a Vincent Van Gogh Geocoin...

SANY0164-1.jpg

Also in the box was a set of rabbit ears for me to wear for Heine's amusement:

SANY0165-1.jpg

Heineken apoligzes for the poor quality picture, but he has a hard time using a camera...no thumbs!

SANY0140-1.jpg

Mission 2

1. sent email 2-10-10

3. Type of pet dog

TY Jason for another great pet mission!

ILYK

1. sent email ~ 2-21-10

5. Mission Complete ~ 3-16-10 Should be there by the end of the week. :D

6. Mission Arrived! - I *think* it arrived today. I won't know for sure 'til I get home and relax from tis trip, in a little over a week.

Bought a few things today. Got the coins... :) I had a few ideas. B)

One of the boxes waiting for me when I got home Friday night was an awesome package from Anne! Thank you so much! I LOVE the coins; I've been trying to get those for ages. And I know Timmain will enjoy all the chews and goodies you packed in there for her. :D I'll try to get pictures soon. Everything's still packed from my trip. hehe

Shadow's mission arrived Saturday. We weren't able to open it until today. What an awesome mission! He loves the treats. I love the coins and the Geowoodstock cachekinz :)

Thank you very much bnprood!! Everything is wonderful!!! We wish you all the best with your new baby and new puppy, Winnie.

PM_Pic1.jpgPM_Pic2.jpg

PetMission2.jpg

1. sent email - 2/10/2010

2. Participating pet - Shadow

3. Type of pet - Holland Lop Rabbit

4. Received Name - Yes 2/18/2010

5. Mission Complete - Yes 3/9/2010

6. Mission Arrived! - Yes 4/3/2010

Thanks again Jason for a organizing a great mission!

2009_0808AA10-10-30.jpg

Pooky's mission

1.1. sent email- feb 10 2010

2. Participating pet: Pooky

3. Type of pet: Tabby Cat- 10 months

4. Received Name: feb 18

5. Mission Complete: sent feb 22!

6. Mission Arrived! APRIL 6 THANKS ANNE from the bottom of Pooky's heart. We couldn't get him off the box, he was already trying to get to the rabbit at the bottom of the package!!! He's been crazy about all the gifts in there and you also got my 2 older cats to play again!!!!!

I will post pics next week as I am going to put up my booth at Parents and kids fair in Montreal today for a 4 days show.