Caching In Montana Proof Geocoin

geocoinclub

This design was brought to us by a Montana artist. The front side was a scene that she had made a pencil sketch of, and really wanted to see it on a geocoin. The back side was chosen to be the bitter root to give a little more Montana feel to her front side scene sketch. It's actually her pencil sketch of a bitter root she had made, not just a photo. We made it into a proof geocoin to highlight all the sharp details in 3D for her.

This geocoin comes fully trackable with a custom icon, in an airtite plastic case. It is 1.75" x 4mm thick, 3D both sides.

Note that this is NOT an official Montana state geocoin, nor is it affiliated with any Montana state geocaching organizations. It's simply an artist expressing her views of the scenery :ph34r:

PURCHASE THE SILVER PROOF HERE

PURCHASE THE GOLD PROOF HERE

product1.jpg

product2.jpg

product1.jpg

product2.jpg

I'm sorry but I just can't take it anymore, lol, it's spelled Bitterroot. Whew, I feel so much better now that I got that off my chest :unsure:

Very nice coin by the way :anibad:

I knew that, but thought maybe it was a local, Montana usage or something. So I just copied as it was listed in the original post. Horticulture is my field, but while dealing with folks in various patches of the U.S., I've learned to just shrug at whatever common names they have adopted. At one resort I have to write reports referring to the Zelkova trees as elms, otherwise they won't know the plants I am talking about! :unsure:

Edited by aka Momster

With all of that detail, I bet this one would be best seen in hand. I like the warm feel of the silver version. With some luck, maybe I'll get to see one of these sometime. I am curious about the icon. Is it the bitter root flower?

And I wasn't avoiding you :unsure: I just really don't remember what we made the icon :unsure: I guess I'll have to go look when I can.

I'm sorry but I just can't take it anymore, lol, it's spelled Bitterroot. Whew, I feel so much better now that I got that off my chest :anibad:

Very nice coin by the way :(

ok, I'll bite B) I saw it spelled with no space all over when I was looking it up. But my fingers just wouldn't let me type it as one word. Mental block. Sorry :unsure:

YOu know I had to come here and give you a hard time because it brings me joy :unsure: I'm sure you'll get me back down the road :huh: