Need help downloading free topo map

DruNuts

Hello,

I just got a new laptop and I am trying to get some maps on here.I went to http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/103/ for a free New England topo map.I can down load all the files into a folder, but I cant get it into mapsource. I am assuming that that is the way I get it onto my gps. Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thank you,

Drew

After downloading is completed, there should be an "executable" file named "NewEnglandTopoInstall". Double-click on the file and a small window will appear asking you to Run or Cancel. After you click Run, you have a couple of clicks for user agreement and which file to install in. After that, installation should be automatic. When you open MapSource, just under the "File Edit Find Transfer", there should be a small window naming the basic MapSource map you originally loaded onto your PC. Click on the down-arrow and all map sets should be displayed. Click on "New England Topo" and you're ready to go. Hope this solves your problem and good luck. :ph34r:

There is a perfect tutorial for this: How To Load Maps On My Garmin GPS :tongue:

follow it up with this one about how to change which map is displayed on the GPS

My niece and her husband are stationed at Elmendorf AFB. What's the weather like right now?

Not too bad; plenty of snow over the weekend but temps at almost 30 degrees was nice this afternoon. :(

And yes, the newer units are easier than the old ones.