GEOCACHING IN PARADISE

Thank you! So, how do I figure out the events for my area?

HERE'S ONE WAY:

@GC.com click at top: Play

Click: hide and seek a cache

@seek a cache, enter postal zone or whatever

click: go

@all geocaches click: New Search

@advanced search select: Search for All event caches types and enter postal code or whatever

Click search

Thank you! I will give that a go! I searched through the list of groups in the forum page and found the Florida Geocachers website but the posts were of things that had already happened. Blessings!

Thank you! So, how do I figure out the events for my area?

HERE'S ONE WAY:

@GC.com click at top: Play

Click: hide and seek a cache

@seek a cache, enter postal zone or whatever

click: go

@all geocaches click: New Search

@advanced search select: Search for All event caches types and enter postal code or whatever

Click search

Thank you! I will give that a go! I searched through the list of groups in the forum page and found the Florida Geocachers website but the posts were of things that had already happened. Blessings!

Thanks so much! I found one event! http://coord.info/GC2X7PX

Do you mean 2 Geocaching events? Or just to different events. I really appreciate you helping me figure out all of this. Thank you!

There are 2 separate events in the same park on the same day. They are GC2YQRN and GC31F2A. The early one ends just before the late one starts. We will be attending at least part of each one.

Oh, I saw that later on by doing just a regular zipcode search. It wasn't published with the newsletter yet. Would love to be able to stop and meet Yuzawa Kat and wish her well, but won't be able to.

Does anyone have any info about the Pinellas Geo Event (I think it's number 4) in Philippe Park on Sept 25? I know I saw some info on that somewhere before, but can't find it now...

Oh, I saw that later on by doing just a regular zipcode search. It wasn't published with the newsletter yet. Would love to be able to stop and meet Yuzawa Kat and wish her well, but won't be able to.

Does anyone have any info about the Pinellas Geo Event (I think it's number 4) in Philippe Park on Sept 25? I know I saw some info on that somewhere before, but can't find it now...

Go to facebook and search Pinellas Geo Event. The date and location are correct.

Yes, when is the hurricane party? LOL. I'll serve the Hurricanes. Darn, I missed your event, just couldn't make it that day... and a special souvenier to boot. Oh well, next year. I should've gotten credit for "finding" a cache that day, since I was the one who got Tinyants to replace "Psycho Squirrel Trail" so people could look for it during the event. It got a bunch of finds that day... oh well!

Finally did my first and only day of caching for August. Brought a friend who just started geocaching and found four caches, all different types... nano, (one I looked for 4 times) ammo can, magnetic, and drive-by lamp post. (she thought that was funny).

September I need to find a few more to make my little goal of 200 finds since Oct when I started.

We hit a milestone today and wanted to mention it here. We found our 3000th cache and wanted to thank all of the local cache hiders for making this possible. Geocaching in paradise is great. Thanks Trader Rick and Rosie for creating a place for us to post our thoughts. And Thanks to Groundspeak for the forums.

Let's not forget to also thank Algore, who invented the internet and made all this possible...

Yep the Savannah event's a bit of a hike, but a great vacation opportunity.... and I NEED a vacation....

Weather is fine....time for some caching and kayaking... hey does anyone know when alligator mating season is? I want to go on the Hillsborough river and kayak or canoe, and maybe geocache if there are any over there, but swore never to go during "high season" again.... scaaaarrryyyy....

Well, next week's geocaching goal is kayaking Upper Tampa Bay Park, maintaining my caches there and taking some nature photos (working on another project, that I will keep a secret for now...hehehe), and finally doing a Wherigo...

Also got a wild hair to go to Seattle and do Groundspeak Headquarters... hubby wants to have a mini honeymoon and I get to pick????? What??!!?? Better take advantage before he changes his mind...so we will see....

We have some great kayak caches in Pinellas and Pasco.

Do you know of any that are near kayak/canoe rental places? Most of them seem to have private launch areas and I don't have a kayak.... nor do I have a trailer or hitch. I think the only one that might be doable for me is off the Dunedin Causeway?

If you want to go out of Pasco, we know of a rental place that will bring the kayaks to the launch point.

Brasher park would be the spot. We have a very easy series placed out there and paulherman has several series depending on how much you want to paddle.

There is also Durney Key where you can picnic and there is a cache there also. Check it out and PM us if you need more info.

EDIT: FOUND

While out caching yesterday between Key Largo and Homestead Raceway, I lost a car key. It was one of those electronic (?) keys, that the last time I had to replace cost me more than a few Georges. I am going to order a replacement tomorrow. If a kind cacher or even a cooperative muggle finds it today, I will pay a $50 reward. Even if found after today, contact me and I will pay $25.

I had the key in my pocket when I got out of the car at Dagby's P&G in Key Largo. Did not have it in my pocket when I got out of the car at Flamingo Rock Virtual in Flamingo. Retraced our tracks, without luck. Only possible caches where the key could have been lost are:

GC2VFHQ Dagby's P&G

GC32EQG In a While Crocodile!

GC2VJY2 A Rock Like No Other

GC2XZFC Key's Kritters - Crocodile!

GC2NW39 Card Sound Cache

GC2766G The Ropes

GC22D1V Hey, Look! They're Making a Left Turn!

GC14E59 Kids just wanna have fun #2

If I shouldn't post here, let me know. If there is somewhere else I should post, let me know where. Thanks for reading.

Edited by gtsally

I lost a car key. It was one of those electronic (?) keys, that the last time I had to replace cost me more than a few Georges.

When we contacted Jeep about a spare key for the Wrangler, it was like three hundred Georges--we're not THAT stupid--so we opted for one of those limited chip deals for thirty bucks from the locksmiths that will unlock the doors manually and start and run the car, but nothing else (no remote functions)--but that's all you REALLY need, right? Cache On!!

WE DID try just having a duplicate metal key cut and it unlocked the doors and started the engine (to defeat the alarm), but the engine cuts off so you can't drive---good if you lock your keys in the vehicle, I guess)