New GPS 300 vs 550 Oregon

C@H

Looking at getting a Orgeon 300 for a replacement GPS to my Garmin Venture HC. Besides the camera that I don't care for is there any other compelling reason to spend another 60% ?

I already have the maps for my Venture so included maps is not considered for my for added value.

Looking at getting a Orgeon 300 for a replacement GPS to my Garmin Venture HC. Besides the camera that I don't care for is there any other compelling reason to spend another 60% ?

I already have the maps for my Venture so included maps is not considered for my for added value.

If the maps aren't locked to your Venture you will be able to reuse them. Otherwise you'll need to buy.

OR x50 series reported to have a nicer compass and marginally better daylight screen visibility.

If you need/want a compass, you might want to try out one of the x50 series, as the tri-axis compass is a vast improvement over the other built in compass models.

You can compare the 300, 450, and 550 here - https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=...reProduct=26875

You'll see that the 450 is a bit better than the 300, at the same list price.

What's unclear from these comparison charts, is how many geocaches the different models will hold. I know the 300 holds 2K geocaches, and the 550 holds 5K, but how many does the 450 hold? Perhaps someone else here knows.

More inof can be found here - http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/

[quote

What's unclear from these comparison charts, is how many geocaches the different models will hold. I know the 300 holds 2K geocaches, and the 550 holds 5K, but how many does the 450 hold? Perhaps someone else here knows.

Waypoints/favorites/locations: The 300 holds- 1000 The 450 holds- 2000 the 550 holds- 2000