Premier Geocoin Race V

Shilo

The 5th PGR is almost over!!

This makes me sad that the race is nearly over.

However, I am VERY happy to see that Shilo survived the worst tornado outbreak in the southeastern US. Yay, Shilo!

We just got thunderstorms here, some severe. The tornado activity went north of me or fizzled out before getting to me. The cell that hit Tuscaloosa, AL came to me but was nothing compared to what it did there....so sad-(

I've updated mileage for both my racers and those of my sister, Echo Echo. In a couple of instances, I did send polite, brief notes to the holder of the racing coins, asking if they might be able to place it sometime soon? I have the feeling some of these folks have already been contacted, so no real hope...just going through the motions.

One of my racers had a real shot at winning number of geocachers, but it was only recently picked up after sitting for a while. Oh well...it was a fun nail-biter till it wasn't!

Thank you SOOOO much for organizing this year's race, Shilo. Any chance of there being a PGR VI? I just like punishing myself.

Thank you SOOOO much for organizing this year's race, Shilo. Any chance of there being a PGR VI? I just like punishing myself.

Yes, there is a chance.

Looking at a possible November start. And that's all I'm going to say for now B)

The standings are updated :D

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there

Today is the last day of the race!!

I will give late loggers a couple of days to log since it is the end of the weekend and Mother's Day. Mileage looks wrapped up but the geocachers category could be close.

Congratulations to Way of the Wolf and GeorgiaTreasureQuester!

I was in the running for most geocachers when some yahoo picked up my racer on 5 May - THREE days before the race was over! - and wrote: "Nice coin, we move it for win the race :)"

Clearly, something was lost in translation. Guess my updating of the coin's mission to say that the race ended on 8 May didn't do much? Oh well. The race has been good fun for me and I hope all of the participants at least felt some satisfaction for getting coins "out there" and moving.

If there is another PGR VI, I'm for sure in.

Thank you, Shilo, for keeping score and letting us know when the standings were updated.

Happy caching, all!

What a nice thing to find in my email today. It actually made me smile. The last week has been so awful and this is the first thing that lifted my spirits even a bit. First Wolf Dancer's sister had their mother comitted for what in my opinion was her own greed (althought I agree there mom needed to go to assisted living.) and we have barely been able to see her because of where she is. No minors are allowed and Wolf's Song (3 3/4 years old) who usually visits her at least 4 times a week (many times nightly) has not taken it well. He wouldn't have taken it well under the best of circumstances but the morning after Wolf's Song's grandmother was taken away my husband accidently left our Miniture Austrilian Sheperd Max outside for a few minutes when he came in, a crazy neighbor (convicted felon) shot and killed Max. He was the best dog ever and we are heartbroken and sick with guilt that we weren't more careful to make sure he came in. Not that we ever would have dreamed that anything like this would happen because we've alway had outside dogs here and Max was our first house dog. He was perfect and he and Wolf's Song were best friends who spent hours a day playing. We saved money for months to get him and Wolf's Song used some of his own Christmas money because that's what he wanted. We loved Max and from the first week he was part of our family and seemed like he'd been with us for years. We took him everywhere we could and I was training him (not a trainer and had no plans to show him.) for agility and to maybe be a service dog for my husband and I. I suffer from anxiaty that started after someone attempted to kidnap me many years ago, and had not had a bad panic attack since shortly before we got Max, because he seemed to know when one was coming on and he'd come over and somehow just seeing him looking at me and having him sit with me made them stay at a managable level or fade away. I never even thought that a pet could help with something like that. Needless to say since this happened I've been having major panic attacks, made worse by the fact that the guy shot toward our house with us and my preschooler inside. Not to mention that the crazy guy was out the next morning and his mother almost hit me with her car as she driving up to yell at me for having her son put in jail over a dog. I haven't slept either. So I'm sorry for getting off the subject. We really did need something nice to happen right now. I know it's not a huge thing but tomorrow when I tell Wolf's Song that we won a prize and he can open the package when it comes I know he'll be excited. He loves mail so maybe you could put Daniel on the label since he knows his name. Thank you so much. We really enjoyed watching our racers move and look forward to joining a race of some sort in the future. Let us know if you decide to do one.

Wolf's Lady ~ Way of the Wolf