Premier Geocoin Race V

Shilo

I know you think I got lost or forgot, but I am still in ...

I am using some older coins and have had trouble with the activations, but I am resolving those issues. I will have 5 coins in the race, including the 3 from Oakcoins, so I will have the 6th. Hopefully I will get them mailed to you soon.

I know you think I got lost or forgot, but I am still in ...

I am using some older coins and have had trouble with the activations, but I am resolving those issues. I will have 5 coins in the race, including the 3 from Oakcoins, so I will have the 6th. Hopefully I will get them mailed to you soon.

I will keep an eye out on them -). Just under a month to get ready.

I have the entry list updated with 3 of 5 special racing coins now on the list.

5 Oakcoins (1 regular size, 4 microcoins) went out in the mail to you today Shilo. I humbly request that you drill them and cable the geobuddy tags to them, please. Hopefully you should receive them around the end of the week. Please let me know when they safely arrive. Thx!

5 Oakcoins (1 regular size, 4 microcoins) went out in the mail to you today Shilo. I humbly request that you drill them and cable the geobuddy tags to them, please. Hopefully you should receive them around the end of the week. Please let me know when they safely arrive. Thx!

Received your coins and have them all uploaded to the website.

The entry list is current effective today.

If you know of anyone that might be interested send them to the website.

From the Get Outdoors Georgia event website:

"GeoChallenge Launch and Learn

Fort Yargo State Park - Winder, GA

Saturday, May 8, 2010 / 2 PM

Learn about GPS-based treasure hunting at the launch of the new Georgia State Park GeoChallenge, and mingle with members of the Georgia Geocachers Association. $5 parking. 404-657-9858."

So this event/challenge ought to help get all the racers going quickly. :D

The following race owners were sent an e-mail with the tracking number of their special racing geocoin donated by Oakcoins for meeting the requirements:

bubba42e,

CCWashburn,

Echo Echo,

Penny and Kona,

Tha Saint

Thank you all for helping out the PGR sponsor :blink:

Please let me know when they are activated and I will get them posted on the entry list and tagged for the race next month.

PS. No, this is NOT an April fools joke :wub:

What about Welch? I know for sure he had enough Oak Coin entries?

The following race owners were sent an e-mail with the tracking number of their special racing geocoin donated by Oakcoins for meeting the requirements:

bubba42e,

CCWashburn,

Echo Echo,

Penny and Kona,

Tha Saint

Please let me know when they are activated and I will get them posted on the entry list and tagged for the race next month.

He's taken care :P

bubba42e,

CCWashburn,

Echo Echo,

Penny and Kona,

Tha Saint

He's taken care :P

Thanks!!

Cachekinz™ are unique trackable tag that you can attach to items and follow their migration around the world!

I'm going to say no because they say tag and looks like the idea behind travel bug dog tag. But I suppose they could be attached to a non-trackable geocoin. But our sponsor is making a tag for this purpose as well.

E-mail with my address on the way.

Along the lines of this question, will the "Cache Movers Geocoin" be allowed? This one is sold as a geocoin by geoswag, but is really more of a tag... My thought is that it would save the drilling of some coins, and may also be a bit less likely to go missing.

I'm potentially interested in entering if I can get some to you in time, but would like an answer to this question first.

Thanks!

Cachekinz™ are unique trackable tag that you can attach to items and follow their migration around the world!

I'm going to say no because they say tag and looks like the idea behind travel bug dog tag. But I suppose they could be attached to a non-trackable geocoin. But our sponsor is making a tag for this purpose as well.

E-mail with my address on the way.

Along the lines of this question, will the "Cache Movers Geocoin" be allowed? This one is sold as a geocoin by geoswag, but is really more of a tag... My thought is that it would save the drilling of some coins, and may also be a bit less likely to go missing.

I'm potentially interested in entering if I can get some to you in time, but would like an answer to this question first.

Thanks!

The Cache Movers Geocoin is fine. It is just a small geocoin and has been used in the past I believe 2 races.

You still have plenty of time but May 8 is quickly approaching.

Ok ... I have 5 coins (4 oakcoins) activated for the PGR5. I will be dropping them in the mail to you today.

Your coins got here Friday. I will try and get them entered tonight online before bed. I have to work tomorrow so it may be after work.

I have all the racers in my possession and ready to race. I updated the entry list but haven't uploaded it yet. I have a few more things to add then I will do it all at once.

Still not to late to enter.

If you mail them to me, and they arrive AFTER Friday, May 7th mail drop off time at my house, I will get them ready and drop in a TB/Coin hotel ASAP(Sunday if I don't work) or the day after I receive them.

If you are going to the event on Saturday, May 8th, I will give my best effort to prepare them at the event providing I have a electrical source. Please let me know if you are doing this so I make sure to bring enough materials. I plan on arriving early.

Good luck to everyone and hope all racers stay off the walls :D

I'm ready. Be sure to get some pics at the event including the TB's. I'd love to see what mine looks like before the race.

I second that emotion. There are SO many trackables in the inventory already - even more than the racers, I bet! It would be fun to see all the coins lined up at the start.

Wish I could be there, to help someone else's racer, of course. :)

I can take pictures. Not sure how the set-up will be yet with the Ga state parks being the main event draw. I will probably keep the racers separated from the rest of the TB's/geocoins.

I'm going early so I will do what I can.

The last entry list is uploaded. Up to 70 racers. I have 6 geocoins under 2 geonicks at the PO to pick up in the morning and they all are Oakcoins. So that means 78 racers will take the green flag tomorrow afternoon.

I've been told some more are coming in the mail and possibly a few might show up at the event.

Good luck to everyone :)

The next update on the standings will be converted to mileage and geocachers beginning tomorrow night.

I asked and the meeting leader reiterated to make sure to log out these coins, well any trackable.

The meeting had over 100 people. I was told 95 geonicks were signed in. So I didn't get any pictures of the racers. I was trying to get them laid out on the table but gave up when I got swarmed with cachers. They didn't last long.

It was a historical day for Georgia geocaching. We got back into our state parks to place caches through a cooperative effort between the GA state parks and the GGA(Ga Geocachers Association). LZ33, an entrant in several PGR's now, had a big part in it.

I'd say half the racers are logged out of the event now. Good luck to everyone and watch out for my racers to blow your doors off!! Although I did hear(paddock rumors) 1 is going to Europe and several to Vegas and Colorado :)

Wow look at all those coins in the same cache. That TB hotel busy. It looks like it's been found over 3000 times. I thought it was so cool when I got the notice that Wolf's Song's geokid coin had been dropped there, because within a few minutes I got another notice that what I think was the first trackable coin we found (We've only moved a few) was, dropped there by the same person. We had put that one in a cache in TX. It's a small world.

Are you guys making Wolf's Song's GeoKid coin stand in the corner of the box, closest to where the race started? LOL I noticed that it's only traveled 71.9 miles while all the rest in the box traveled 72 miles. I got a laugh out of that. Don't worry little guy someone will come and take you to amazing places.

Edited to add. Yes I see that it looks like maybe the others were dipped somewhere else or something. But I still thought it was funny.

Edited by wolfslady

Are you guys making Wolf's Song's GeoKid coin stand in the corner of the box, closest to where the race started? LOL I noticed that it's only traveled 71.9 miles while all the rest in the box traveled 72 miles. I got a laugh out of that. Don't worry little guy someone will come and take you to amazing places.

Edited to add. Yes I see that it looks like maybe the others were dipped somewhere else or something. But I still thought it was funny.

Here's what happened:

I made the initial drop of racers(68 I believe) last Tuesday. The event coords got updated on Thursday by 406 feet. So everything I dropped(including your racers) after that point started from that point. If you notice on the racers you mentioned above with .1 miles more than you on the retrieval log it added 406 feet(the distance the 'cache' got moved). It will be noticeable in the early stages but after a year I doubt the race will come down to 406 feet :anicute:

Thanks for explaining it, but I wasn't worried about it. I just thought it looked funny. Ha-Ha funny. Like the little guy being made to stand over on that side of the box. Smile. But it is cool to know why the numbers are a tiny bit different.

My brother almost went and picked that one up last night. He is going to my uncle's funeral in Ashville, NC and he thought he would be going right by where it was dropped, but it turned out that the best route was not the one he pulled up at first and he ended up going another way. Are there any rules about how far someone you know can carry it. I don't know any world travelers but he lives in FL and if one ended up close to where he is before he heads back I want to make sure that if he moves it, he doesn't break one by moving it too far.

Thanks for explaining it, but I wasn't worried about it. I just thought it looked funny. Ha-Ha funny. Like the little guy being made to stand over on that side of the box. Smile. But it is cool to know why the numbers are a tiny bit different.

My brother almost went and picked that one up last night. He is going to my uncle's funeral in Ashville, NC and he thought he would be going right by where it was dropped, but it turned out that the best route was not the one he pulled up at first and he ended up going another way. Are there any rules about how far someone you know can carry it. I don't know any world travelers but he lives in FL and if one ended up close to where he is before he heads back I want to make sure that if he moves it, he doesn't break one by moving it too far.

Just don't let it become a 'personal tracker' for weeks on end. One move wont hurt at all.

Standings are updated :P

Even though the website wont load right now :P Must be server maintenance or my luck with the internet today :)

Im off to a heck of a slow start this year...

Really everyone is. The mileage after one week is down. But I think we had a better result in everyone logging racers out of the event. Especially with all the newbies at this GGA event wanting to learn about geocaching and the Ga state parks GeoChallenge. We asked if they didnt know how trackables worked to ask someone and a lot did, so that says a lot.

Standings are updated :)

We have new leaders in both categories now!!

Hi, Shilo,

Two of my racers (Echo Echo's PGRV Racer #1 and Echo Echo's PGRV Racer #2) have miles on them according to geocaching.com.

Another three of my racers (#4, #5 and #6) have been logged out of the event by geocachers.

But when I look at the current standings, none of this is recorded. Is anyone else having this issue, or is there something I need to do with my racers?

Thanks!

They are updated now. Groundspeak auto calculates mileage once a day, usually in the early night time Eastern time. I probably updated my database before your racers did.

You can click 'recalculate mileage' under the drop down menu under 'mark as missing' if you see your mileage didn't update on the geocaching.com site yet. Most of my updating will occur around this time of day. The middle of the night updates last weekend were due to me working the night shift all weekend, which I hope doesn't happen much more.

If you see any issues please let me know. Sometimes the watchlist e-mails get lost and I won't see a placement for awhile.

Also, adding 6 more racers later tonight :D

Edited by Shilo

How exciting! I see racers have been dropped in Japan. I didn't count how many racers were there but there were a lot of travelers listed. It will be fun to see the next update. Race on!

5 were dropped off. 1 was a PGR 4 racer who's been lost for almost a year. Only 1 of the 4 PGR V racers have updated so they are in the sole lead for the moment. A whopping 6100 mile lead.

Standings are updated.

I'll try the others after work tomorrow and post a new standings list.