Dell Axim x51v

mooka520

I want to be able to geocache with my Dell Axim x51v. What do I need to purchase as far as a GPS unit for it? Programs? Maps?

Please help!!

-Mooka520

I have the same PDA. I use a 2 gig sd card. I have GPX Sonar stored on the card. Use GSAK to export gpx files and sync the PDA or copy the file to the card. GSAK also exports gpx files that work well on the PDA.

Cachemate is available but there is a small charge for it.

I want to be able to geocache with my Dell Axim x51v. What do I need to purchase as far as a GPS unit for it? Programs? Maps?

Please help!!

-Mooka520

I have the same PDA. I use a 2 gig sd card. I have GPX Sonar stored on the card. Use GSAK to export gpx files and sync the PDA or copy the file to the card. GSAK also exports gpx files that work well on the PDA.

Do you use the PDA as your GPSr unit as well? If so, do you have a compact flast gps receiver that plugs into the pda? If so..what gps receiver do you use?

Please help!!

-Mooka520

Do you use the PDA as your GPSr unit as well? If so, do you have a compact flast gps receiver that plugs into the pda? If so..what gps receiver do you use?

I don/t use mine set up that way but know of some that do, sorry I dont remember which app they had. Be aware of battery life on the PDA if going that route. I use a Garmin 60csx for navigation and pda for information. Forgot to add gpxview as another app that works well on the pda.

I don/t use mine set up that way but know of some that do, sorry I dont remember which app they had. Be aware of battery life on the PDA if going that route. I use a Garmin 60csx for navigation and pda for information. Forgot to add gpxview as another app that works well on the pda.

First off I appreciate the information about the apps that you use for you PDA. Any way you could tell me how the people you know set up their PDA as a GPSr unit?

First off I appreciate the information about the apps that you use for you PDA. Any way you could tell me how the people you know set up their PDA as a GPSr unit?

Check this

At the bottom of the page it reads "Window Mobile Windows Mobile 5, 6.x with touch screen ".

If your Dell is like mine it runs on WM2003se. You will need to look into upgrading the operating system or find an older version of BeeLine that works with 2003

Please help!!

-Mooka520

I have a Dell Axim X51 with WM6. I use a GlobalSat BT-359. This is a bluetooth GPS with SiRF III chipset. Very nice and reasonable on E-Bay. For software there are many freeware progs to choose from:

BasicGPS is a good GeoCache Prog (no maps, but will display cache info..made for geocaching)

OpenMobile Maps is OK but not a GeoCache prog (maps only)

NaviComputer is OK and will let you work with GPX files (has the ability to download and display maps).

hope this helps.