Demographics of the Geocacher?

microvision

I haven't looked, but does this board allow polls?

You could always create polls with questions.

Someone with the interest would have to create a separate poll and link it to a topic here.

Nowadays I am personally a bit suspect of why someone would want to know this information. My first thought is someone wants to file a class action lawsuit saying this is a sport, it falls under Title whatever of the EEOC and there must be affirmative action plans enacted stating there must so many females, so many non-whites, so many yadda yadda yadda.

Are there any demographics for us geocachers? Percent male verses female? Age groups? Countries with highest percentage of population geocaching? Average income? Education level? Married/single? etc.

Has Geocaching.com ever done a survey of its' members for this kind of info?

I assume that you saw this thread? What is the Typical Age of a Geocacher? It is currently about 5 threads below yours.

Has Geocaching.com ever done a survey of its' members for this kind of info?

Not that I'm aware of.

GermanSailor

They did do a survey awhile back. The results were NEVER shared. Sources who no longer have access behind the lillypad's firewall say they didn't like the results as it didn't fit with a personal vision or sumthin'. :ph34r:

Hmm, as a single female cacher I wonder how I would go about finding a single male cacher...since it would seem the odds must be in my favor!

Single white female

early 30's

college education

still poor :ph34r:

Ohio, USA

:D Put the gpsr you're using now away for awhile and pick up a GeoMate Jr.

Edited by cerberus1

They did do a survey awhile back. The results were NEVER shared. Sources who no longer have access behind the lillypad's firewall say they didn't like the results as it didn't fit with a personal vision or sumthin'. :ph34r:

Very interesting. I am sorry that we have turned out to be a disappointment to there personal vision.

Here is some info on this topic based on visitors to Geocaching.com.

Demographics for Geocaching.com

Don't forget to click on Country and or State under Geographic on the right side of the screen for more info. Looks like North Dakota is has the least geocachers visiting this site and California has the most. I was surprised to see that the Czech Republic comes in third after the US and Germany.

Edited by microvision

Hmm, as a single female cacher I wonder how I would go about finding a single male cacher...since it would seem the odds must be in my favor!

Single white female

early 30's

college education

Ohio, USA

don't even go there. :D

there are a few single female geocachers and even fewer that post in the regular forum. i do cause i am cynic and an optimist.

geowoodstock is coming up in july i think. go there to meet single male geocachers. there should be a few amongst the families.

rsg

Single white female

early 30's

college education

Ohio, USA

:D Put the gpsr you're using now away for awhile and pick up a GeoMate Jr.

LOL...why is that? Cause the blackberry is making me poor or cause a Geomate Jr. will lead me to a man??? :D

I'm another one of them! But I haven't posted a lot--so far--because I'm a newbie and still getting my bearings. :D

Single white female

early 30's

college education

Ohio, USA

don't even go there. :D

there are a few single female geocachers and even fewer that post in the regular forum. i do cause i am cynic and an optimist.

geowoodstock is coming up in july i think. go there to meet single male geocachers. there should be a few amongst the families.

rsg

Single white female

early 30's

college education

still poor :tongue:

Ohio, USA

:( Put the gpsr you're using now away for awhile and pick up a GeoMate Jr.

That suggests an interesting topic: what does your GPSr say about you? I figure there are commonalities between people with certain units: an iPhone, an eTrex, an Oregon, a GeoMate Jr, etc...

Ohhh, Geowoodstock? I gotta find info on that, it sounds like fun!!!

It's just gonna be me and 6,000 to 10,000 of my closest friends. :tongue:

And perhaps one or two forum rivals? :(

And THIS GUY!

(note: I may or may not show up to Geowoodstock)

(note: I am currently planning on it)

Ohhh, Geowoodstock? I gotta find info on that, it sounds like fun!!!

It's just gonna be me and 6,000 to 10,000 of my closest friends. :anibad:

And perhaps one or two forum rivals? B)

Rivals? :unsure: Odd. I didn't know we were in competition. :unsure:

The forums and real life are two different things. There are folks that I strongly disagree with here and we get along fine OFFline. There are people that agree with me that frankly creep me out in person. Go figure.

Here is some info on this topic based on visitors to Geocaching.com.

Demographics for Geocaching.com

Don't forget to click on Country and or State under Geographic on the right side of the screen for more info. Looks like North Dakota is has the least geocachers visiting this site and California has the most. I was surprised to see that the Czech Republic comes in third after the US and Germany.

Maybe North Dakota just has the most geocachers who block quantcast.