30 Cal. Ammo cans

redjada

$5.95 on this website, would be intresting to find out what they charge for shipping

http://www.usmilitarysurplus.com/surplusca...products_id=842

t4e, they want $15.30 to ship.

I have noticed a key word here though "use too"

There is a gun, knife, military show coming up at the end of the month here in Cleveland. Ill have to go check it out.

I don't want to hide these. I want to give them away at my CITO events I'm hosting this spring. So if anyone wants to donate, I won't stop you. :laughing:

Thanks

Edited by redjada

$5.95 on this website, would be intresting to find out what they charge for shipping

http://www.usmilitarysurplus.com/surplusca...products_id=842

t4e, they want $15.30 to ship.

I have noticed a key word here though "use too"

There is a gun, knife, military show coming up at the end of the month here in Cleveland. Ill have to go check it out.

I don't want to hide these. I want to give them away at my CITO events I'm hosting this spring. So if anyone wants to donate, I won't stop you. :laughing:

Thanks

The gun, knife, etc. show is your best bet. If you can wait 'til the end of the show ..........prices are more negotiable then. Expect to pay form 4 to 7 bucks each, no shipping and no sales tax. But, there is the price of admission.

I see the 30s at $5 to $15. Worth shopping around a bit by phone. $15 is the price at my local military surplus place. This may explain the rather small number of ammo can caches being hidden in my area (other than my own).

I just bought 5 cans for $4 each. I'd have bought a 100 at that price, but 5 was what he had.

They're cheap to buy at military surplus auctions, but the costs of shipping and storage really add up fast.

I can get 4 of these ship to me for $42.00, just wondering if this is a good deal?

HECK NO!

Well, maybe. That's $10.50 per can. At my local surplus store, the .30's are $6 and the .50's are $9. If you can't find them locally, that may not be a terrible deal.

Another thing; condition matters. I ordered two cans from ebay and ended up spending around $11.50 each after shipping. But they were absolutely beautiful, looked like they were brand new. The ones at the surplus store are a couple of dollars cheaper but they need a bit of cleaning up.

So the actual answer, like so many things, is "it depends."

I can get 4 of these ship to me for $42.00, just wondering if this is a good deal?

HECK NO!

Well, maybe. That's $10.50 per can. At my local surplus store, the .30's are $6 and the .50's are $9. If you can't find them locally, that may not be a terrible deal.

Another thing; condition matters. I ordered two cans from ebay and ended up spending around $11.50 each after shipping. But they were absolutely beautiful, looked like they were brand new. The ones at the surplus store are a couple of dollars cheaper but they need a bit of cleaning up.

So the actual answer, like so many things, is "it depends."

I get 'em for $1 or $2 each.