THE QUEST IS GOLD COINTEST of OLYMPIC PROPORTIONS

kini_ont

It was 1980 and after a night shift I had driven out to a section of the Trans Canada Highway to watch and encourage a young man in his attempt to cross Canada, yesterday his parents were given the honour of carrying the Paralympic Torch during the Opening Ceremony, just would like to say how proud we all are of your son Mr & Mrs Fox, thank you having let us share him with us even if it was for a brief moment, his memory and legend will live forever in our hearts.

TFoxparents.jpg

Terry Fox's Parents as they carry the Torch

Ceremony

Opening.jpg

For more and better picture follow this link Paralympics

COINTEST – of PARALYMPIC PROPORTIONS

13 selected ambassadors from each Canadian province and territory, have run the first legs of the 2010 Paralympic Torch Relay, all were chosen for their accomplishments or their support of the Paralympic Movement.

For a 2009 Canadian Micro, in an email to me, no PM’s please;

1) Name the 13 participants and the regions they represented.

2) The date and city the Torch Relay began its journey to Vancouver

3) The scheduled time and date the torch relay will conclude and be brought to BC Place for the Opening Ceremony

You may enter only once so all answers must be correct (should be easy to find), cut off for entering is 48 hours from this posted time and the winner will be selected by random draw.

STARTING NOW

Less then 24 Hours Left!

The cointest was entered by GATOULIS, Ashallond, Fredhead, Queenie-Boo-Bay, SYOTT, seekerfamily & StgMikal they all correctly answered (1) the 13 participants and regions they represented (2) the date and city the torch relay began from and (3) the scheduled time and date the torch relay concluded.

The winner was chosen by random draw and

;) THE WINNER IS........ :rolleyes:

seekerfamily bouncing.gif

Congratulations to all and keep an eye out for another cointest soon

The cointest was entered by GATOULIS, Ashallond, Fredhead, Queenie-Boo-Bay, SYOTT, seekerfamily & StgMikal they all correctly answered (1) the 13 participants and regions they represented (2) the date and city the torch relay began from and (3) the scheduled time and date the torch relay concluded.

The winner was chosen by random draw and

:blink: THE WINNER IS........ :)

seekerfamily bouncing.gif

Congratulations to all and keep an eye out for another cointest soon

CONGRATS to the SEEKERFAMILY :)

Let’s have one more cointest for a 2009 Canadian Micro, all questions are about sledge hockey, email your answer to me by Friday March 19/10 6 p.m. and one winner will be for drawn for the coin.

CanadianMicro2009.jpg

Questions;

1) Which nation won the 2009 world’s sledge hockey championship?

2) Which nation won the 2006 Paralympics Winter Games?

3) I mentioned that a local lad (Midland, Ontario) was on the Canadian Team, name him.

Cointest starts now, good luck.

Let’s have one more cointest for a 2009 Canadian Micro, all questions are about sledge hockey, email your answer to me by Friday March 19/10 6 p.m. and one winner will be for drawn for the coin.

CanadianMicro2009.jpg

Questions;

3) I mentioned that a local lad (Midland, Ontario) was on the Canadian Team, name him.

For question #2, are you talking about total medal count, or just the hockey tournament?

CanadianMicro2009.jpg

Questions;

For question #2, are you talking about total medal count, or just the hockey tournament?

Just sledge hockey (hint: check the Canadian Team Web site) :wub:

CanadianMicro2009.jpg

Questions;

Ok so the entrants were;

Turlutortue, GATOULIS, E&Cplus3, Fossillady, SgtMikal, Ashallond, GeoTrailGuy, johan333, Fobos09

and the winner by random draw is .............

Ashallond 14589.gif

Congratulations

Ok, looking at the numbers here is the scoop.

Team USA wins - 11 have the potential of winning; of those 11 - 3 are in the running of getting all the gold metal games correct. 1 will win a Inuksuk coin

But if Team Japan (who upset Canada) 0 win and no Inuksuk coin given away

GO Team USA :anibad:

hey I bought these coins to give away during the Olympics, I don't want to wait 4 more years ;)

Well I will admit that with Canada out I decided to go caching today instead :laughing: but on returning home I quickly checked the Paralympic site, Congratulations Team USA on Gold and to the number generator to give me a winner for the 3rd coin and again for the Inuksuk ;)

All winners will be named shortly

THE QUEST IS GOLD COINTEST of OLYMPIC PROPORTIONS WINNERS

Ladies – Canada – fuzziebear3 (Caching Night in Canada)

Mens – Canada – cainrcc (Caching Night in Canada)

Sledge – USA – gooseFraba1 (Caching Night in Canada)

For correctly get all 3 right – GeoTrailGuy (Inuksuk)

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for playing in the cointest see you in 4 years :laughing:

Edited by kini_ont

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for playing in the cointest see you in 4 years :)

I wanted to say CONGRATS to all of the Winners, and a big THANK YOU to kini_ont for the Cointests

It was fun and I learned alot.

Edited by Fredhead

Congratulations to all the winners and a special thank you to kini_ont for holding an awesome “coinpetition”!!!

I received my coin yesterday and it’s been added to a special place in my collection.

Thanks for your generosity and for introducing new fans to the Greatest Game on Earth!

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for playing in the cointest see you in 4 years :rolleyes:

Wow!!! I didn't know I had won anything ... in the mail today I got my Copper Night Caching In Canada coin!! Thanks for the cointest and the coin, it is great!!!