THE QUEST IS GOLD COINTEST of OLYMPIC PROPORTIONS

kini_ont

WOW!! the game just ended! Slovaks gave everything!!! A huge bravo to the Slovak team!! They are probably the best European team!!! I really hope they will win the bronze!!!

Canada was not so good... if they play like that against to USA......I will be correct in my guess for the gold medal in men's too! :)

The Dream Lives On

This is a picture of our 3 Olympic hockey teams gathering before the Olympics

Cdn3team.jpg

Go canadaC.gif Canada

Ok, they're calling it "The Battle of the 49th Parallel" it is definitely for all the bragging rights!

USA vs Canada - Mens Gold Medal Game :)

The cointest is the same, for a Canadian micro coin, Total Score & winning team, one entry, no duplicates or the the first posted wins, entries close at the drop of the puck, Sunday noon PST

GO

us.gifcanada.gif

OK it is almost time

:D

I want to wish both teams good luck.

I think that we will be seeing a GREAT game.

sport02.gif

Thank you for all of the cointests.

Congrats to Team CANADA and "Sid the Kid"

Now I have to live with my sister and OHHHHH Sid.....

THANK YOU TEAM USA WE ARE PROUD OF YOU

Edited by Fredhead

us.gifcanada.gif

OK it is almost time

:D

I want to wish both teams good luck.

I think that we will be seeing a GREAT game.

sport02.gif

Thank you for all of the cointests.

Congrats to Team CANADA and "Sid the Kid"

Now I have to live with my sister and OHHHHH Sid.....

THANK YOU TEAM USA WE ARE PROUD OF YOU

Sorry Fredhead your sister has great taste when it comes to hockey :D

Canada 5 :D:D

Congratulations natterjacktoad & Team Canada, when done Team USA you played like champions everyone

naterjacktoad please send me your addy so that I may get your coin to you :D

Well done all - lovely to have a cointest that follows a sports event lioke this one. Great fun - even for us who are not Ice Hockey fans - played lawn hockey before :D

I wish I hadn't been in bed for all of the individual game cointests but I got to see all the games....and up at 4:15am to watch the Gold Medal Match on the internet. Once I had a connection, I couldn't even blink my eyes...but my husband dozed in between each period :laughing:

Thanks for all the cool cointests and for keeping that spirit alive! I am soooo gonna miss watching the events everyday :anibad:

I went back to check and again I must say Congratulations Team Canada

Team Canada has also taken GOLD in the Sledge Olympics too.

drapcana2.gifdrapcanada.gifcanada.gif

hockeyeur.gifhockeyeurblanc.gif

Sorry Fredhead they have not yet begun the Paralympics as yet, The first sledge game is March 13 Canada vs Italy and yes there still maybe a cointest or two for total goals :anibad:

But keep waving the flag it just might be a clean sweep :laughing: though I do have you down for Norway and they meet Team Canada on the 16th

I went back to check and again I must say Congratulations Team Canada

Team Canada has also taken GOLD in the Sledge Olympics too.

drapcana2.gifdrapcanada.gifcanada.gif

hockeyeur.gifhockeyeurblanc.gif

Sorry Fredhead they have not yet begun the Paralympics as yet, The first sledge game is March 13 Canada vs Italy and yes there still maybe a cointest or two for total goals :laughing:

But keep waving the flag it just might be a clean sweep :laughing: though I do have you down for Norway and they meet Team Canada on the 16th

SORRY that was the Torino results I still have a chance :laughing:

You may be addicted to geocoins when...

Your five-year-old son asks why the winners at the Olympics only get a gold and not a two-tone!!!

That had me laughing for hours. :D

I think there was once a 2 tone medal!!! :D

in the 1936 Olympic games there were 2 Japanese that were fighting of the gold medal in pole vault...

The winner in the game was Earle Meadows from the States!

the 2 japanese tied for second place. The teammates were offered the opportunity to have a jump-off for the silver medal, but the two friends declined out of mutual respect for one another. For the purposes of Olympic records, Oe agreed to the bronze while Nishida took the silver. Upon their return to Japan, the teammates came up with a different solution. The pair had a jeweler cut their medals in half and fuse them back together, creating half-silver, half-bronze pendants. The “Medals of Friendship,” as they’re now known in Japan, are enduring symbols of friendship and teamwork.

That's a great Athlet spirit!!!!! and both kept their honor too! ;)

Sueo Oe died in 1941 in WWII! I know that at least one of these medals are in the Olympic games museun!

So... a 2 tone existed with mintage of only 2 and have a great story behind them!!!!

COINTEST – of PARALYMPIC PROPORTIONS

13 selected ambassadors from each Canadian province and territory, have run the first legs of the 2010 Paralympic Torch Relay, all were chosen for their accomplishments or their support of the Paralympic Movement.

For a 2009 Canadian Micro, in an email to me, no PM’s please;

1) Name the 13 participants and the regions they represented.

2) The date and city the Torch Relay began its journey to Vancouver

3) The scheduled time and date the torch relay will conclude and be brought to BC Place for the Opening Ceremony

You may enter only once so all answers must be correct (should be easy to find), cut off for entering is 48 hours from this posted time and the winner will be selected by random draw.

STARTING NOW