THE QUEST IS GOLD COINTEST of OLYMPIC PROPORTIONS

kini_ont

Olympic hockey has always intrigue me, to see the best from each nation competing head to head for the dreams and chance of wearing gold or is it national pride; both I think. February 13th in Vancouver the competition of the worlds begin in ice hockey.

Our coinpetition (I coined that phrase) will start when the Olympic Cauldron is lit February 12th.

So what do you have to do? Chose the Gold Medalists in hockey; the Men’s, the Women’s and Sledge (Paralympics’)

Each correct entry will have a chance to win a chosen coin (3 of them) that is Caching/Hockey related (more on the coins will follow after the cauldron has been lit) so even if you are incorrect in the Ladies you have the chance of winning in the men’s or sledge.

You must chose from each category and only 1 team for the gold medal. You can only have 1 entry for this cointest but you may change your entry up till the time the cauldron is lit, then all entries are final.

As the gold medals are awarded an entry will be chosen from those who correctly choose that winning country. I may time to time award a secondary prize by asking a question or drawing a name here on this thread so don’t fall asleep or go for a beer or heaven forbid surf the net and miss out.

Ok the choices are;

Women’s Hockey:

Sweden, Switzerland, Canada, Slovakia, USA, China, Finland, Russia

Men’s Hockey:

Canada, Norway, Russia, Germany, Sweden, Czech Republic, Switzerland, USA, Slovakia, Finland, Belarus, Latvia

Paralympics Sledge Hockey:

Italy, Norway, Japan, Czech Republic, USA, South Korea, Sweden and the host nation Canada (a local lad is a player on this team, Go Canada)

The final gold medal game will be held on March 20th and all coin winners will be announced then.

Oh and should anyone correctly guess all three gold medal countries, one “Inuksuk” (kini_ont) coin will be awarded.

And as always my game, my rules, I have the final decision. Have fun and let the games begin 0004Olympicflag.gif

Sheesh, looks like the northerners think they is going to win everything.

WRONG

Women's: USA

Men's I'm sort of conflicted between Russia and Sweden, so I'll pick... CANADA

Sledge: I have no idea about this one, but when id doubt, always pick the home team to win the olympics. CANADA

Women’s Hockey: Canada

Men’s Hockey: USA! After what happen in the last Olympics, they want to come back!

Paralympics Sledge Hockey: Canada

Thank you Tad my friend for the cointest! :surprise:

Hey... greece is participating with 7 athlets!!! :o WOW!! ;) Ok, we do not have a chance at all, but participating makes you a winner! :P

I do not see any greek in paraolympics! :laughing: At least I do not see my country's flag! :o

Can I ask something? what happen with the snow? I heard in the news that there was no snow in Vancouver and they were bringing snow from other places!!! I also saw a joke writen somewhere... saying... welcome to the winter Olympic games in Vancouver, bring your own snow.... or something like that!

I was curious... no snow in Vancouver and lots of snow in all the other places and countires???? strange! What climate changes can do!!!

Women’s Hockey: Canada

Men’s Hockey: USA! After what happen in the last Olympics, they want to come back!

Paralympics Sledge Hockey: Canada

Thank you Tad my friend for the cointest! :surprise:

Hey... greece is participating with 7 athlets!!! :o WOW!! ;) Ok, we do not have a chance at all, but participating makes you a winner! :P

I do not see any greek in paraolympics! :laughing: At least I do not see my country's flag! :o

Can I ask something? what happen with the snow? I heard in the news that there was no snow in Vancouver and they were bringing snow from other places!!! I also saw a joke writen somewhere... saying... welcome to the winter Olympic games in Vancouver, bring your own snow.... or something like that!

I was curious... no snow in Vancouver and lots of snow in all the other places and countires???? strange! What climate changes can do!!!

Yes your right Nikos, BIG problems with snow for the past month it has been between 5 - 10c and often raining but they did saveup snow in the higher elevations and sre moving it down for the sking, hope it works better yet hope it cools off to even 2 or 3c then they will be able to made snow themselves.

My guesses are as follows:

Women's Hockey: Team USA

Mens's Hockey: Team Russia

I hate to go against Team USA but with Ovechkin, Malkin, and Gonchar HARD TO BEAT!!!!

Paralympics Sledge Hockey: Team Norway

How about Crosby, Nash, Staal and Travares in reserve or Drury, Kessel & Kane :laughing: gonna be a great series :o Good Luck

My guesses are as follows:

Women's Hockey: Team USA

Mens's Hockey: Team Russia

I hate to go against Team USA but with Ovechkin, Malkin, and Gonchar HARD TO BEAT!!!!

Paralympics Sledge Hockey: Team Norway

How about Crosby, Nash, Staal and Travares in reserve or Drury, Kessel & Kane :laughing: gonna be a great series :o Good Luck

We got somewhere between 21 and 24 inches of snow Friday into Satuday much like the rest of the East.

We have no power and the Water Company has asked to limit Water usage.

But Fredhead helped me shovel then made me take him to the Rink:

e006d6d5-f5b7-473f-9dd9-3c2556d98e0c.jpg

0c012feb-d6bd-4358-8a01-c56539e4402a.jpg

7b43ea0b-d15c-4895-918a-d10987f1df82.jpg

f76388a3-5880-40a8-abc7-13276073986b.jpg

He said if they are not using it I might as well, maybe this dedication will payoff.

He wants to be like Ovechkin

Glad they had a Generator, and let us in.

Sneaking their internet now, and watching the games on-line.

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

I am also a HUGE hockey fan as well, but much preferred the Olympic hockey tournament when it was still only amateurs. More passion I think. I'll make my guesses now.

Mens Gold goes to USA

Womens Gold goes to Canada

Sledge Gold goes to USA

Thanx for the coinpetition! (I'm surprised you didn't say that you "geocoined" that phrase! LOL!)

I'll go with:

Women's: Canada

Men's: Canada

Sledge: Canada

GO CANADA!

I hope I get to watch some games on tv here in Australia. I am expecting them to broadcast on those events the Aussies are participating in...are there that many Aussies participating in WINTER sports? Skiing I guess, except that most Aussie skiers live in Canada :ph34r:

I'll go with:

GO CANADA!

I hope I get to watch some games on tv here in Australia. I am expecting them to broadcast on those events the Aussies are participating in...are there that many Aussies participating in WINTER sports? Skiing I guess, except that most Aussie skiers live in Canada :ph34r:

There's a Nigerian participating in cross country skiing. At least Australia GETS snow! :D

Canada & the USA pretty well neck to neck for the running

The surprise in my opinion is no one has taken Sweden in the Men's league, they're only the defending Gold Medalists :ph34r:

You have until Friday to enter, once the flame is lit, the cointest is in progress.

Edited by kini_ont

Canada & the USA pretty well neck to neck for the running

The surprise in my opinion is no one has taken Sweden in the Men's league, they're only the defending Gold Medalists :ph34r:

You have until Friday to enter, once the flame is lit, the cointest is in progress.

Well... Last winter olympic were in Torino... In Italy, right? so they were in Europe!

I believe that in that games european teams went better because of that! No, I am not saying anything bad here! Even if it is winter everywhere, the climate is different.... so the ones that are somehow used to it have better chances! If I remember well, the 3 medals were taken by 3 european countries... right????

How is that possible what Canada and USA have profecionals and the best championship??? :ph34r:

This is what unually happens in World football cahmpionship for national teams, also known as Mundial!! :D

I think that none european team won when the turnament was in a non european country, and at the same time.... non Latin american or generally no other country except european ones, won when the turnament was in Europe!!! So..... :D

Now things are quite different! Canada and USA know how things are, the olympics are in their home or very close or them.... they will have more fans now.... things are different!!!

At least that's what I believe! :D

I'll go with:

GO CANADA!

I hope I get to watch some games on tv here in Australia. I am expecting them to broadcast on those events the Aussies are participating in...are there that many Aussies participating in WINTER sports? Skiing I guess, except that most Aussie skiers live in Canada :unsure:

There's a Nigerian participating in cross country skiing. At least Australia GETS snow! :unsure:

Apparently Aussies have a women's bobsled team going now, they are ranked 21st though.