"FamilyFeud" type survey for a geo-event game

I am thinking about running a "FamilyFeud" type game at my next summer event. We had fun with $25,000 Pyramid and Password games in the past, and am looking to try something new.

However, I need to conduct a survey ("100 Geocachers surveyed, top 5 answers on the board...") to get ready for the game.

Per the forums guidelines: "9. We generally do not allow surveys to be conducted using this forum. "

However, would it be OK to post a link to a free online survey site here? (It does not have advertising).

If it is OK, would people here be interested in taking the survey? Questions would be both geocaching and non-geocaching related. There would be about 15 short-answer type questions (i.e Who do you like to cache with?)

Thanks in advance!

I am thinking about running a "FamilyFeud" type game at my next summer event. We had fun with $25,000 Pyramid and Password games in the past, and am looking to try something new.

However, I need to conduct a survey ("100 Geocachers surveyed, top 5 answers on the board...") to get ready for the game.

Per the forums guidelines: "9. We generally do not allow surveys to be conducted using this forum. "

However, would it be OK to post a link to a free online survey site here? (It does not have advertising).

If it is OK, would people here be interested in taking the survey? Questions would be both geocaching and non-geocaching related. There would be about 15 short-answer type questions (i.e Who do you like to cache with?)

Thanks in advance!

While you can probably get a measurement on the level of interest here from the forum user community, the permission question should be sent in an email to contact@geocaching.com

-Brad

You might be able to get permission to do the survey here, since it's a part of the game. I think that guideline was intended to prevent commercial type surveys, and straight "Vote for this" kind of threads. another option is to do it in the form of a Cointest in the Geocoin section.

Not necessarily. TPTB wouldn't let me conduct a survey about TB's for my GEOCACHING BLOG (they flat locked the post from viewing all together) despite my attempts to explain that I was trying to write a post about common TB practices. So the argument that they might allow it because it's part of the game may not hold true. And holding it in another section of the forums may not work either...I posted mine in the TB forums.

The best part is they instructed that I needed to ask for permission. When I did this, they responded by asking for more information about the intent of the survey (which was stated at the beginning of the survey itself) and a link to my blog so they could see what that was about (which as you can see is listed in my signature...also on my profile and in the original survey post) then never responded back when I sent them a copy of the post and the link to my blog.

Good luck. I hope yours works.

By the way, you might check out the Geocaching Question of the Day archive. TheBadCop posts questions to the geocaching twitter users each day and usually gets pretty good responses. He doesn't always get up in the hundreds, but usually averages betweeb 40 - 60 responses. His archive of questions goes back to last April, and it might save you some work. If it fits, just contact him and ask for his permission to use the results. He's a nice guy and will likely allow you to do so if it's for an event.