Garmin Oregon Screen Clarity VS Nuvi 660

For those who wanted to know the difference in screen brightness between the Nuvi and the Oregon, I took a few pictures today when we were out 'caching. Both of these Oregons have screen protectors on them, and that makes them slightly less bright, but they are still very visible. All the Oregon units in the picture are 550s, with brightness set to full.

Here's one which shows the left side Oregon in Auto navigation mode, the middle Nuvi in Track Up mode and the right side Oregon also in Track Up mode:

4335291289_645d46ea5d_o.jpg

And another: this one is not so good at showing clarity or brightness - it was more to show the 3D mode on both the Oregon and the Nuvi simultaneously.

4335292319_9e3de4683d_o.jpg

So the Oregons are nowhere near as bright as a Nuvi, but they are still adequate most of the time. After the sun goes down the Oregon screens are very bright! :laughing:

Good comparison. Thanks much for doing it. I have an Oregon 300, and while I wish the screen were brighter I don't find it a "deal killer". I did have a screen protector installed, but removed it because I felt that it made the screen to dim. I now use the Garmin leather case. When lighting conditions are not the best I just take it out of the case. Thanks again for the photos.

OldA'sFan