Geoswag.com

SooMukwas

I ordered from there over a month ago and received the shipping details back on January 7. I still haven't received my order. I e-mailed them on February 2 to see what is going on with my order and have yet to receive a response from them.

Has anyone else had problems ordering from them?

Funny thing too is that I just received an e-mail from them this morning advertising new trackables you can order(which you may never get though, lol).

I ordered from there over a month ago and received the shipping details back on January 7. I still haven't received my order. I e-mailed them on February 2 to see what is going on with my order and have yet to receive a response from them.

Funny thing too is that I just received an e-mail from them this morning advertising new trackables you can order(which you may never get though, lol).

Interesting. No, never a problem. I'll guess I ordered 3 or 4 times, but not in a couple of years. Speaking of which, if they've been around longer than that, that is a long time by Geocaching mail order standards. Probably just a bad experience for you, but I suppose any company can suddenly go belly-up in this economy. Not that I'm saying that has happened here.

I've ordered from Geoswag.com many times, and I've never had any problems with them. I placed my latest order, for a few geocoins, on January 19; I received a notice that they'd shipped my package later the same day; and I received the coins about a week later. And this was typical of the service I've gotten from them for several years.

From their Web site: "For questions about your order or support questions, please email support @ geoswag.com or Phone support +1 801.829.4076 "

You might want to give them a call and find out what's going on with your order. They were very responsive the one time I contacted them.

--Larry

If you have ordered a pre-sale item, they will hold your order until all the items are in stock. This happened to me once but besides that I have ordered from them many times without a problem.

In fact, I am placing an order today as soon as my daughter gets home to pick out what she wants.

I've ordered from them before, but only once, received it promptly.

Seems that every month or two one of these threads will pop up though.

That is correct, I've seen many a thread started about long-time, well respected vendors. I was most shocked when I saw one about USAGeocoins.com, which has to be one of the oldest of the old. Oh well, I guess everyone Eff's up once in a while. Even I myself have been known to do this on occasion. :laughing:

Oh, and it could be the whole pre-sale thing, like ao318 said.

been there done that.

basically heres how it goes: first you'll be told you're being unrealistic

second you'll be told its the post offices fault however they're an acting agent of geoswag because thats who they use.

third the personal attacks will begin like they did on me.

if you make enough noise you may however get your order reshipped or a refund

-

if its any consolation i just checked on my original order on oct 31, 2009 and it still hasn't moved

-

its really ashame too because oakcoins has some of the nicest geocoins i've seen.

As others have said, email to support or a phone call will help to resolve the problem. That is your best option.

We can let you know when you your order was sent.

FYI - There is usually no one in the office on Monday.

Thanks!

Thanks! I called today at 2:30pm and haven't heard anything back yet via phone or e-mail. Still waiting on a reply to my e-mail sent a few days ago too. None of my items were pre-orders either.

Hopefully, some freebie will be thrown in to keep me as a happy customer. It doesn't take a lot to keep me a satisfied customer and a free advertiser of a business with great customer service.

:laughing:

As others have said, email to support or a phone call will help to resolve the problem. That is your best option.

Thanks!

Hopefully, some freebie will be thrown in to keep me as a happy customer.

Highly unlikely.

its most likely being run out of someones house so we're not talking big company with a good name to protect.

I still buy oakcoins but i buy them off ebay sellers who offer better methods of shipping other than "smartpost"

the customer pays for shipping so why not even OFFER the better shipping options?

-

theres a pinned thread in the geocoin forums for posts like this.

been there done that.

second you'll be told its the post offices fault however they're an acting agent of geoswag because thats who they use.

-

if its any consolation i just checked on my original order on oct 31, 2009 and it still hasn't moved

-

its really ashame too because oakcoins has some of the nicest geocoins i've seen.

For those who want to see the thread, you can go here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=235400&hl=

We never attacked you. We worked with you to make sure you receieved a replacement package.

Its not about making noise to make things happen. Its about letting us know.

You are right, the first package we shipped to you is still stuck at some post office. Which means, if it is ever found, it will be sent to you.

Thanks!

Thanks! I called today at 2:30pm and haven't heard anything back yet via phone or e-mail. Still waiting on a reply to my e-mail sent a few days ago too. None of my items were pre-orders either.

Hopefully, some freebie will be thrown in to keep me as a happy customer. It doesn't take a lot to keep me a satisfied customer and a free advertiser of a business with great customer service.

:ph34r:

We don't have anyone in the office Sat/Sun. So a call Saturday afternoon will be returned later.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Highly unlikely.

its most likely being run out of someones house so we're not talking big company with a good name to protect.

I still buy oakcoins but i buy them off ebay sellers who offer better methods of shipping other than "smartpost"

the customer pays for shipping so why not even OFFER the better shipping options?

-

Actually, we are a small business and have to work much harder to to keep a good name. We also have an office in Morgan UT which some people have been to.

The reason we dont offer 'better' shipping is because it only increases costs for our customers. We try to keep the cost down for all customers. We ship via the USPS First Class or Priority Mail. We dont charge extra for 'insurance' like others. We make sure you get the package without the extra cost to you.

What we sometimes forget, if we are able to get 99.9% of the packages out to our customers and 1 or 2 get 'lost in the mail', it seems the 99.9% of the people dont post while the 1 or 2 like to drag our name down. We have worked with each and everyone to make sure we resolve anything.

Oakcoins/Geoswag.com has been in business for 5 years. We pay taxes, business fees, etc. We support Geocaching, we put on events, we support events.

Thanks

Edited by geoswag.com

... it seems the 99.9% of the people dont post while the 1 or 2 like to drag our name down. We have worked with each and everyone to make sure we resolve anything.

I'll be happy to post, again. I've purchased more than a hundred geocoins since I began geocaching (you can see a list of them via my profile, I assume). I purchased the vast majority of those coins from Geoswag.com. I've always received prompt and courteous service, and their products have always been delivered in a reasonable time. I, for one, will continue to support the company itself rather than buying their coins via the secondary market, simply because they've earned my business.

Disclaimer: I have no connection whatsoever with the company, I'm just a satisfied customer and have been since I began buying and releasing geocoins.

--Larry

I am also on the geoswag.com contented customer list.

NeecesandNephews: I suspect that by "The lady", you are not referring to the Geoswag folks, right?

:D Very perceptive of you Knowschad! :D I went and read the "other" thread mentioned above. Very entertaining. :ph34r:

edit to add- At the risk of encountering a disgruntled Postal Worker I will pass on a joke told to me by my elderly neighbor- "It still only costs a nickel to mail a letter in the U.S. The balance of the charges from the USPS is for storage!"

Edited by NeecesandNephews

Thanks!

:ph34r:

I haven't ordered from them very often, but it was always good.

Pretty bold to ask for a freebie, and complain that they weren't taking your call on a Saturday. Coin vendors get weekends to go caching, just like the rest of us.

been there done that.

-

-

We never attacked you. We worked with you to make sure you receieved a replacement package.

not you but others in the forum did

Thanks!

Highly unlikely.

-

The reason we dont offer 'better' shipping is because it only increases costs for our customers. We try to keep the cost down for all customers. We ship via the USPS First Class or Priority Mail.

It looks like thats changed then since I ordered because the site didn't offer me usps priority or i would have opted for that. while wanting to hold costs down is good, there are others like me that don't want the stress of worrying where their order is that would opt for and pay for the better option.

Thanks!

:tongue:

Pretty bold to ask for a freebie, and complain that they weren't taking your call on a Saturday. Coin vendors get weekends to go caching, just like the rest of us.

Bold? I am just a paying customer and like to receive the items I paid for in a timely manner. But, if there is a problem with delivery, I would like to be informed or be able to inquire and be informed in a timely manner. I only started this thread to inquire if anyone had similar occurrences like me.

I haven’t really ordered coins online before and was just wondering. I like great customer service and places that offer it will usually keep me as a repeat customer. I have placed other orders from other places in the U.S. in the last 3 weeks and have received them all no problem.

Geoswag.com, you are reading about this on this thread....are you able to check on the order status for me? Thanks. :(

Have you never been given anything to reimburse you for an inconvenience? Don't you ever negotiate? Always pay sticker price, huh?

I find that giving extra service/product is a reasonable way for any size company to erase a mistake with a customer. I can think of at least a dozen times where the person that I have bought from decided to throw something in for whatever reason. For me, when I feel a little slighted it goes a long way in helping me forget.

I can't believe that you think that is bold...too weird!?!

Have you never been given anything to reimburse you for an inconvenience? Don't you ever negotiate? Always pay sticker price, huh?

I find that giving extra service/product is a reasonable way for any size company to erase a mistake with a customer. I can think of at least a dozen times where the person that I have bought from decided to throw something in for whatever reason. For me, when I feel a little slighted it goes a long way in helping me forget.

I can't believe that you think that is bold...too weird!?!

If they do it without prodding it's a nice 'thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.'

If you insist upon it you might find they hang out the old shingle 'Reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.'

I've never had a problem with these people and I won't be making a nuisance of myself to them if I do, I'll just take my buisness elsewhere (and hope I receive good service from elsewheresville.)

Edited by DragonsWest

I will have to say as a distributor of their products I have never had a problem with not getting coins. I place my orders and they ship within a day or two in most cases. Shipping is always fair and fast. If I have ever had a problem a simple email or phone call has resolved promptly. Never have I ever taken a minor problem to a public forum. Deal with them directly and your problem will be resolved. I order from them several times a month sometimes without problems. Give them a chance to resolve the problem before taking it public. One of the good companies out there in my opinion.

Mrs. SooMuks just let me know that a very nice lady from Geoswag.com called this evening and let us know that one of the items was on back order but they received it and shipped out our order last week so we can expect it anytime now.

See, now I have a smile on my face and not worried anymore.

I just hope now that this reply wasn't too "bold" for anyone.

Thanks! :tongue:

If they do it without prodding it's a nice 'thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.'

If you insist upon it you might find they hang out the old shingle 'Reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.'

I've never had a problem with these people and I won't be making a nuisance of myself to them if I do, I'll just take my buisness elsewhere (and hope I receive good service from elsewheresville.)

I don't think that Geoswag wants anyone to take their business elsewhere?!? I wouldn't want you to! Your being silly by thinking that I want anyone to spite this site. I am suggesting that since this only happens very rarely (according to this thread) then it would be in their best interest to "make love not war" and kiss some customer booty rather than "hang out the old shingle 'Reserve the right to refuse service to anyone'" like you said.

Mrs. SooMuks just let me know that a very nice lady from Geoswag.com called this evening and let us know that one of the items was on back order but they received it and shipped out our order last week so we can expect it anytime now.

See, now I have a smile on my face and not worried anymore.

I just hope now that this reply wasn't too "bold" for anyone.

Thanks! :tongue:

Bwahahahahaahahaaha!!!

been there done that.

-

-

Reminds me of a few years ago when i ordered a new SD memory card for my wife for christmas through a vendor on Amazon.com. The product didn't show up and after a few weeks and I filed for a refund. Amazon made the company refund my money even though they insisted it had shipped on time. Then in May 6 months later my wife hands me an envelope and said "You've got mail" It was the SD memory card and the envolope was post marked Dec 17th.

I felt really bad for doubting this company and contacted them to make payment. They were very generous and told me to keep the card and not worry about payment. The post office does make mistakes at times, but we tend to forget that and blame the shipper.

El Diablo