Please Help with Pocket Query

Phreakshew / Team Smurfy

Hello! Thanks for reading this. I am a new Premium member and I am having a hard time getting any pocket queries to generate.

I've read the documentation, been to this site: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm, followed the directions, but still nothing!

Here's what I have so far:

1. I create a new query, checking yesterday, today, and tomorrow to generate, & click "run this query every week"

2. changed email to my gmail account, making sure it's in .gpx format and zipped

3. hit "submit information", which gives me message "Thanks! Your pocket query has been modified and currently results in 500 caches. You can preview the search on the nearest cache page."

4. I can hit "preview the search" - yep, there they are, showing 25 at a time

5. I can hit "your pocket queries" - uh huh, there is the chart showing 2 so far, both of which say "never" in the "last generated" column

6. "add to queue" doesn't do anything. It is unclickable.

7. ???????????????????????????????????

Edited by Phreakshew / Team Smurfy

Thanks for checking all of the possibilities first. The "Add to Queue" button is only for the My Finds special PQ, so that won't do much.

Since the queries haven't generated and "there is the chart showing 2 so far, both of which say "never" in the "last generated" column" and you were successful in "checking yesterday, today, and tomorrow to generate, & click "run this query every week", you've done everything right.

There's a license agreement that you have to agree to. Sometimes skipping that step will delay your production if this is your first time.

If they STILL don't run, Groundspeak has had problems with Pocket Query generator this week. It may be down again.

There's a license agreement that you have to agree to. Sometimes skipping that step will delay your production if this is your first time.

If they STILL don't run, Groundspeak has had problems with Pocket Query generator this week. It may be down again.

Yeah, I already agreed to the license agreement. Must be the site is down?

Thanks 4 the reply. I'll post if/when I am able to generate a query.

Hello There,

It might not have been the site down. Your PQ's came through about fifteen hours after your first posting, so I assume you got them on the day requested. Don't forget yours were in a queue with thousands of others and they're generated over the twenty four hours.

Regards

Bernard

O, I see. Still finding out how this works here- I was basing my reaction on what I read here: "Brand new queries tend to run almost right away at Geocaching.com, so if in the next five minutes after you check the day of the week, you don't see something in your in-box, head back to the Geocaching.com/pocket page and have a look." ( http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm )

Just glad that I wasn't missing some crucial step like hitting [enter] or something!

thanx

-J

Edited by Phreakshew / Team Smurfy