I am getting "Needs maintenance" reminder emails....

CharlieZulu

Anyone else getting these emails from a reviewer? There is indeed a Needs Maintenance attribute on the cache listing, but I don't know who put it there. I certainly haven't gotten any logs from anyone saying so.

CacheViewer posted a reviewer note for Halton Hills Cryptic: LAT (Traditional Cache) at 2/5/2010

Log Date: 2/5/2010

Greetings from a volunteer geocaching reviewer,

******'Needs Maintenance' icon/issue*******

I notice your cache has a "[red]Needs Maintenance[/red]" icon on. You may have already taken care of the issue but the "Needs Maintenance" icon still remains. If there is an unresolved maintenance issue with this cache, please take care of it as soon as possible.......

I even got one for a cache I don't own. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Chris

(CZ)

Anyone else getting these emails from a reviewer? There is indeed a Needs Maintenance attribute on the cache listing, but I don't know who put it there. I certainly haven't gotten any logs from anyone saying so.

I even got one for a cache I don't own. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Chris

(CZ)

Obviously, if you are getting the notification on your caches and any that you are watching, someone has logged a NM at one time or another. Perhaps the NM log dates from a while back, before you performed maintenance, and you just forgot to post a Owner Maintenance log of your own in order to clear the NM icon from the cachepage...??

It's a simple matter to see who posted the NM and email them to see what the issue is...and it's just a click or two to post the OM to clear it. Don't forget that there area cachers running Pocket Queries who may decide not to go to your cache based on a NM icon on the cachepage...! <---- yikes!!

This is also a good reminder to occasionally check your cachepage visually to see if there are any outstanding issues. Sometimes a notification goes astray or gets missed in the rush of day-to-day business.