How much work do make earthcache?

yellow mars

If you develop an Earthcache for the National Parks, they'll ask you to log the hours you put into it. (They get federal funding in proportion to the number of volunteer hours that are logged at the park.) I logged 42 hours on an Earthcache I did for them, which is the most elaborate Earthcache I've ever done. I've put in as few as about 3 or 4 hours on a couple others. But most of them have been somewhere in between.

If you develop an Earthcache for the National Parks, they'll ask you to log the hours you put into it. (They get federal funding in proportion to the number of volunteer hours that are logged at the park.) I logged 42 hours on an Earthcache I did for them, which is the most elaborate Earthcache I've ever done. I've put in as few as about 3 or 4 hours on a couple others. But most of them have been somewhere in between.

I have never been asked that at a National Park or land administered by the NPS. I am just curious if this is common?

I have never been asked that at a National Park or land administered by the NPS. I am just curious if this is common?

Ditto for us.

We have never been asked for anything like that! We also are kind of curious as to how often this request is made?