Hello, my name is Scrapes

scrapes

Yup I am obsessed. I've read about it happening but I thought I was strong enough to avoid it. Nope.

I hate loose ends, working an area and leaving one or two unfound. It keeps me awake.

I hate DNFs, I assume they've been muggled.

My wife thinks my GPS is a toy. Can you imagine?

I admire a good hide and shake my head at the pile of stick hide.

I got excited when I first saw lock n locks at the store.

Did I say I hate loose ends?

There I said it, a toy, puhlease.

PS my geo partner, Riley the labradoodle, loves the outings, I can't get out of the house without him whether its for caching or a cup of coffee.

Am I alone?

sounds more like you're making what's supposed to be fun into a "job" of sorts

but at the end of the day you play it the way you see fit and the way you get most satisfaction out of it

in the winter we go for a cache almost everyday, and in the warmer, nicer weather its more than one a day, although with pretty much everything found locally will become a little harder

we don't like DNF's either, i don't think anyone does

while sometimes it could be that the cache is missing, most times its just a challenge and we end up going back to locate it without additional hints, except for those in the cache description, no PAF etc...if we can't find it on our own so be it, we're not in the game for the "numbers"

we enjoy every single cache, regardless of the hiding method, be it LPC or under a pile of sticks

geocaching for us is a great way to unwind after a day at work, spend some time in fresh air, and get some exercise

before i got into geocaching i didn't like walking, hiking long distances....but now i have no problem since the cache is a "target" and adds somewhat a reason for the walk/hike

but in addition to that, as everyone here will say, if it weren't for geocaching i would have never discovered so many beautiful places that i had no idea existed

whatever you do don't forget to Have Fun! :lol:

Edited by t4e

Hi Scrapes,

You are right. This is a hobby that could be come obsessive very quickly. My Dr. loves the result of my new hobby. All of the walking has caused me to lose 9 pounds in the last 2 weeks, and is fun instead of doing the boring treadmill. My blood sugars are much better, and I sleep better at night. I am doing a couple of caches each day, and looking forward to warmer weather to do more. Nice few hours spent with my husband too. Katie the super beagle loves to go for long walks and patiently wanders from tree to tree while mom is hunting. I have decided that searching for micros in the winter is an exercise in futility, especially when we have 6" of snow.

Colleen Mills

digitalgoddess

Don't worry. We have a cache here that we couldn't find the first five times we went looking for it. One night I was sleeping away and dad came in at about midnight and told me that he might know where it was so we hopped in the truck...yes still in the clothes i wore to bed...and went to look for it. Got there couldn't find it. Went to the same cache 8 times before he found it. Don't worry about losing sleep over a DNF, you aren't the only one.

Yup I am obsessed. I've read about it happening but I thought I was strong enough to avoid it. Nope.

I hate loose ends, working an area and leaving one or two unfound. It keeps me awake.

I hate DNFs, I assume they've been muggled.

My wife thinks my GPS is a toy. Can you imagine?

I admire a good hide and shake my head at the pile of stick hide.

I got excited when I first saw lock n locks at the store.

Did I say I hate loose ends?

There I said it, a toy, puhlease.

PS my geo partner, Riley the labradoodle, loves the outings, I can't get out of the house without him whether its for caching or a cup of coffee.

Am I alone?

Hi Scrapes! My name is Hurshh... and I too am a Geocacher...

The thing I hate the most is DNFs... I too assume they've been muggled. I also hate that when I email the cache owner they don't ever respond. Even though they have several DNFs in a row.

I have "thats a good cache spot" syndrome...

I never leave home without my GPS. even when not caching (just in case)

I love all hides... nano, ammo, LPCs, and long hikes.

My dog's name is Geo...

My name is Hunter (hurshh), and I am a geocacher.

You are not alone.

Edited by hurshh

If I had a $1 for every DNF log that declared one of my caches "missing for sure" - only to have me find it latter.

Interesting perspective, the cache hiders side of DNFs. I take pride in leaving the cache hidden better when I leave, never moving it of course. I can pile sticks with the best of 'em.