PQ problems?

two bison

Are pocket queries backed up or otherwise having problems being sent right now today? Is it related to the fact that I'm only getting some but not all cache find and travel bug movement logs?

No, they are not in my spam folder.

I think that Pocket Queries is down! I have an event tomorrow that I am going to be traveling for, so I am hoping that it is going to be up! I am supposed to be sleeping!

When this happened earlier in the week I had just decided to cache on my afternoon off. No PQ had arrived after staying up late, since I wanted to load the GPS before heading to work. Nothing the next morning and since it was a new day, ran it again. It arrived around 1235 am, and when I got off at 2 got everything loaded. Was thinking that I would have a shorter caching afternoon and spend time printing out the caches and doing it the "old fashion" way.

This afternoon made a bookmark of caches along the route we'd be traveling and sent it for a PQ after 6pm central time and its now 9:39. Hasn't run yet and we are leaving early in the morning. Hope it comes up. Sure hope whatever is causing the glitch is found quickly so there aren't too many people disappointed.

I remember when things were offline for a period of time that included a weekend and was really happy that I had an old PQ to use.

This is frustrating because we are all so used to everything running so smoothly that we don't expect this to happen. At least I have the PQ of the area we are caching thanks to my caching partner getting the request in before it went down again.

LadyCache

Edited by ladycache

I am driving a distance for an event tomorrow and would like a pocket query for the event area!

Same situation I am in -- I'll be out of my normal area so I can't rely on my GSAK database. I just manually bulk downloaded all the .LOC files and will have to rely on my iPhone for getting hints, recent logs and all that good stuff I normally associate with my PQ.

Does anyone know if they are working on it or are they going to leave it like this all weekend?

I am driving a distance for an event tomorrow and would like a pocket query for the event area!

You might want to post on the event page and ask if anyone has a PQ for the area and if they can send it to you to cover all bases. It may not help with the drive to the event but at least you got the event ara covered. Better than nothing anyhows. I can't htink of anyone that might have my route in a data base on GSAK, darn ;)

LadyCache

does Groundspeak monitor these threads?...or would starting a new thread help inform them there is a problem...this thread was because of a problem a few days ago...

dunno...i've only posted a couple of times.

ps i'm also waiting (not as long as most) for 4 new pq's to run.

Edited by foam follower

I have waited 5 hours and went and changed the day to Saturday and see if it shows up after midnight.

Yep! I thought ahead as well! I am hoping that I will wake up and everything back!

I've also been waiting for hours and did the same thing--added it to Saturday too. It wouldn't be too much of a problem except I am going to an event tomorrow and have nothing at all from the area unless I hand load before I go UGH

The PQ generators failed yet again. I've restarted them. The backlog isn't too bad so you should see them all shortly.

Yep! Mine came through within minutes of your message. ;)

I hope that you can get to the bottom of the problem and find out why the PQ servers keep falling over.

I just made a call. It should be looked at soon. Hang in there.

Wow... all of mine arrived at 1:09 AM, just 2 minutes after your post. Now that's service... thanks! ;)

edit: yeah it's the middle of the night, but that's no excuse for me quoting the wrong post. If they can fix a PQ server at this hour than surely I can manage a simple forum post.

Edited by DavidMac

The main problem for me is not getting PQs in the am. I have always received my PQ b4 6 am but now there coming in the afternoon. It's 10 now and I haven't received my dailies.

I guess I have been spoiled in the past. It looks like now you need to know and plan all caching trips 2 days in advance.

The main problem for me is not getting PQs in the am. I have always received my PQ b4 6 am but now there coming in the afternoon. It's 10 now and I haven't received my dailies.

I guess I have been spoiled in the past. It looks like now you need to know and plan all caching trips 2 days in advance.

one thing you can try is create a copy of this PQ and use the copy instead of the original. it might come earlier in the day then, or maybe later, worth a try anyway.

The symptom of the data coming later and later in the day is usually due to the fact that the data is run daily. The PQ generator has a system built in that queries that have never been run before take precedence, then they run in order of the most recently run queries as last.

So - copying your query to a new one and running it should get you your data extremely quickly. Another way to have the data run earlier is to decrease the frequency of how often the query is run. What you have to ask yourself is, "How stale of data can I live with before it becomes problematic?" Do you NEED to have fresh data daily, or is it OK to run the queries every other day?

Here's how I solved the problem: I have my PQs set up in two batches - one set runs on Thursday and the the other identical set runs on Monday. That way each set only runs once a week, but I get fresh data twice weekly. Unless there's a problem with the server, I usually have my queries by 3 or 4 AM Central Time, which means they run between 1 and 2 AM on the west coast where the Groundspeak servers reside.