PQ problems?

two bison

Put in for 4 queries 6 hours ago and none of them has run yet. ???

I'll try again now since it's a new day.

Put in for a new one 25 minutes ago and no sign of it yet, or the others from last night. I even tried having a second one sent to an alternate email just in case. No luck.

???

I'm having issues with my PQ's also. I ran 2 or 3 yesterday and 2 this morning and none of them have been generated.

It figures...I just got a new GPS and wanted to do a little caching at lunch today...guess I'll put a few on manually...ugh...

Edited by Firefly911

Mine haven't run either - all regularly scheduled and last run a week ago. Sounds like this is a bigger problem that we've been seeing recently, where just one of the five PQ generators has a problem. This one appears to be effecting all types of PQ's; new, my finds, routes, and both odd and even numbered scheduled.

I'll echo the sentiments. My daily PQs (which are usually in my mailbox when I wake up) haven't yet been run, and the temporary one-time one I created last night hasn't run either.

-Ron

It would certainly make things a bit more palatable if the Frog would at least let us know what is going on ...

All of the PQ generators shut down on us in a new way last night (they indicated that they were running fine, but simply stopped queuing up new PQs). All have been restarted this morning but as you might imagine there is a large backup now.

An overhaul of the system is underway and should be completed by the release following the one scheduled for this month. In the meantime, please post here in the forums anytime you see any indications that the system has gone down. We will then get it restarted as soon as we are notified.

Thanks again for your patience!

All of the PQ generators shut down on us in a new way last night (they indicated that they were running fine, but simply stopped queuing up new PQs). All have been restarted this morning but as you might imagine there is a large backup now.

An overhaul of the system is underway and should be completed by the release following the one scheduled for this month. In the meantime, please post here in the forums anytime you see any indications that the system has gone down. We will then get it restarted as soon as we are notified.

Thank you for the update.

/René

THANK YOU! Why couldn't GS have let us know something earlier?

THANK YOU! Why couldn't GS have let us know something earlier?

Keep in mind the time difference. When he posted what you quoted it was 10:30 AM Groundspeak time (Pacific Standard Time US). Also, what I quoted bolded above seems pretty important to the issue.

Edited by mtn-man

If they started at 9 AM like most folks, that would give them 90 minutes to diagnose the problem, restart all of the computers, make sure the restart works, make sure the PQ's start generating and then come into this topic and post. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Diabolical hamsters :D Thanks for the update and the fix.

If they started at 9 AM like most folks, that would give them 90 minutes to diagnose the problem, restart all of the computers, make sure the restart works, make sure the PQ's start generating and then come into this topic and post. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I'd call that quick work, especially in light of this being a new failure mode. Kudos on the quick response!

Spoiled my caching trip to Erie, PA today though. :lol:

It never fails, any time I've ever had the opportunity to ride along on a cache run, something comes up and I end up driving or something like this happens to cancel the trip!

That's why I get weekly PQs and keep them in GSAK. No spoiled trips. Perhaps a DNF or two if something has been disabled or archived...but at least I have data from a week ago.

Be Prepared!

Set up your PQ a week ahead of time (sounds like it was a planned trip, so this shouldn't be a problem) and run it. Then check the day of the week to have the PQ run the day before your trip so you'll get an update. Then, if you insist on having the most up-to-date data, make a copy of that PQ (since a fresh PQ runs faster) and wait until you wake up the morning of your trip to submit it. If it runs that morning you'll have the most recent data, if it doesn't run you should have day old data, if there have been PQ issues for a few days (rarely do they last more than a day) you'll have that data from last week to fall back on.

I'm about to try some regular PQs (one that I had enabled weekly came through just fine yesterday) but for now I can't get the All Finds PQ to work at all. I last ran it on November 6, but when I click the button the page reloads and... nothing. The button stays enabled, the date doesn't update, and the query never comes. I get the same result in two different browsers.

Edit: my regular queries don't seem to want to run today either.

Edited by DavidMac