View from the cache!

Off the top of my head, Alger Co. (Munising area) has about twenty waterfalls that I am aware of. There could very well be some that I am not aware of (yet). Keweenaw Co. has plenty of them also. The northern tier of counties in the Upper Peninsula all have at least a few!

These falls, though not huge, are spectacular GCNWXP (Rock River Falls), and give you a fairly good hiking workout! Be sure to try them in May, before the mosquito hatch.

-------------------------------------

Whitefish Falls

25428f93-dc03-4423-b1ad-0e8c512cf648.jpg

Was a favorite haunt of Ernest Hemingway!

Off the top of my head, Alger Co. (Munising area) has about twenty waterfalls that I am aware of. There could very well be some that I am not aware of (yet). Keweenaw Co. has plenty of them also. The northern tier of counties in the Upper Peninsula all have at least a few!

These falls, though not huge, are spectacular GCNWXP (Rock River Falls), and give you a fairly good hiking workout! Be sure to try them in May, before the mosquito hatch.

Ahhh, I see. During the rainy season. After the thaw (well, MOST of it, anyway) and before the mosquito hatch.

You may be seeing me this summer. I think I've told you before that I'm a displaced Yooper, and I'd love to see some of these places that you're showing me.

Do be aware, there are many waterfalls in da U.P. that do not have caches placed at or near.

Many of those are, of course, on private property. A number of waterfalls exist within the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, near Munsing/Grand Marais. PRNL as it stands, does not allow placement of a traditional cache. There are a number of Earthcaches within the Lakeshore, some at a number of the waterfalls icluding Munising Falls - The Earthcache.

Do be aware, there are many waterfalls in da U.P. that do not have caches placed at or near.

Many of those are, of course, on private property. A number of waterfalls exist within the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, near Munsing/Grand Marais. PRNL as it stands, does not allow placement of a traditional cache. There are a number of Earthcaches within the Lakeshore, some at a number of the waterfalls icluding Munising Falls - The Earthcache.

Okundekun Falls is one that I drive past every time I go up to see family. Each trip I promise myself that I'm going to stop for it, but it seems as though there is never enough time.

ab0e9616-83c6-4c82-8b58-b0c98e43ccc7.jpg

7a7ffc4a-6d4f-4d9a-92d6-a2110964ba57.jpg

Edited by knowschad

Nice pic, Ambrosia!

Colors seem almost too bright. Enhanced?

Yes! I used the Orton Effect. I call it a poor man's HDR. :ph34r: It works wonderfully for some photos, and not so wonderfully for some others. :D

Here's the original photo:

852dd418-2066-4bf2-a9f8-b1ce2e867d34.jpg

I like duplicating the layer twice, and changing the blend mode of the top layer to Multiply, and the middle layer to Screen mode.

Nice pic, Ambrosia!

Yes! I used the Orton Effect. I call it a poor man's HDR. :ph34r: It works wonderfully for some photos, and not so wonderfully for some others. :ph34r:

Thanks for the great tip!! I've been experimenting in Paintshop Pro and getting some very cool results!!

If you want to know anything about PSP, ask. I've been using it for a few years now.

Nice pic, Ambrosia!

Yes! I used the Orton Effect. I call it a poor man's HDR. :ph34r: It works wonderfully for some photos, and not so wonderfully for some others. :ph34r:

Thanks for the great tip!! I've been experimenting in Paintshop Pro and getting some very cool results!!

If you want to know anything about PSP, ask. I've been using it for a few years now.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. From what I've seen, you do know it well.

Nice pic, Ambrosia!

Yes! I used the Orton Effect. I call it a poor man's HDR. :ph34r: It works wonderfully for some photos, and not so wonderfully for some others. :D

Here's the original photo:

852dd418-2066-4bf2-a9f8-b1ce2e867d34.jpg

I like duplicating the layer twice, and changing the blend mode of the top layer to Multiply, and the middle layer to Screen mode.

Thanks for the info. :D

Nice pic, Ambrosia!

I really don't know a lot about Photoshop, which is what I use. But my brother is interested in different picture styles, and pointed Orton out to me. I used online step by step instructions on how to do it. I was pretty obsessed with it for a while, until I started noticing certain photos that didn't work very well with Orton. I only do it once in a while at the moment. It seems to work best with things like flowers, and rich colored things (not greys so much). Here's some of my Orton photos I've post on a flickr "Orton Effect" set.