View from the cache!

Okay so here is how this works. When you find a cache and you look around you to see the scenery, what do you see. Post pics of what the scenery looks like, something that is nearby the cache, etc. Or you can just explain what your surroundings looked like at a cache.

For example....standing at this cache...we saw this!

Photo_111509_011.jpg

:D I was there a year earlier and saw the same guy! eeerie...

The GC codes and the cache pages I posted in no way provide "spoilers". :D

They are large areas, and the photos of the views won't help to find the actual cache. :D

But it might be incentive to look for the caches, if folks get a chance to see the scenery they will encounter.

I use the photos posted in a cache's gallery to determine if it's worthwhile to go there. A lot of times, the photos are the only reason to put a cache on my to-do list. :(

Sorry if I "spoiled" things for the thread. :D

The GC codes and the cache pages I posted in no way provide "spoilers". :D

They are large areas, and the photos of the views won't help to find the actual cache. :D

But it might be incentive to look for the caches, if folks get a chance to see the scenery they will encounter.

I use the photos posted in a cache's gallery to determine if it's worthwhile to go there. A lot of times, the photos are the only reason to put a cache on my to-do list. :(

Sorry if I "spoiled" things for the thread. :D

NOO Sorry that statement wasnt aimed at you. I was gonna put that in the original topic starter but forgot. I would have put it in the first post but i don't know how to edit my posts. I just thought i would throw it in so someone wouldn't come in and start bashing the thread because they think the pictures will spoil the cache. No it wasn't aimed at you. Sorry it sounded that way.

Here is one that is similar to the picture at the start of this thread except that the bridge is in much worse shape.

f6682e5c-129c-40c8-8688-76f0a39787a8.jpg

Another view

e553bcdc-b7dc-4901-a94b-3d6f693d3e44.jpg

The cacher has to cross this bridge to get to GZ. Fortunately the bridge is much more sturdy than it appears to be.

I think we drove (yes, I said drove) over that bridge early last fall! Gummee was extremely unhappy -- I am being mild here as this is a family forum. ;)

If not that one, 'twas one very similar. Somewhere off Peter White Rd. (that's not much of a road, either), just about smack dab in the middle of da U.P.

On second thought, it can't be the same one. The stream we crossed was rushing much harder -- but the tag alder looks the same. :lol:

Here is one that is similar to the picture at the start of this thread except that the bridge is in much worse shape.

Another view

The cacher has to cross this bridge to get to GZ. Fortunately the bridge is much more sturdy than it appears to be.

I think we drove (yes, I said drove) over that bridge early last fall! Gummee was extremely unhappy -- I am being mild here as this is a family forum. ;)

If not that one, 'twas one very similar. Somewhere off Peter White Rd. (that's not much of a road, either), just about smack dab in the middle of da U.P.

On second thought, it can't be the same one. The stream we crossed was rushing much harder -- but the tag alder looks the same. :lol:

What did you drive over it with??? I would have been scared to death!

Another view

Drive? I walked. I don't think that bridge has seen any vehicular traffic in many years.

Another view

Its the the SW part of the state. GC1AP56 Dunning delusions!

Another view

Its the the SW part of the state. GC1AP56 Dunning delusions!

HAHAHAHAHA that place is only 64.4 miles away from my house. I noticed the name Geochef and mudslug from an event we attended. maybe we need to come search for that one.

It turns out that we didn't (from the postings), but if you like I could steer you to a lot of them like so -- I doubt any that looks worse (for driving over). That actually appears to be an excellent foot bridge, the stringers appear quite substantial, it's the tread portion that looks a "bit" questionable.

To answer the Q: an F-250 (with lots of branch drag-marks in the paint!).